Ghost Flamed 01 LS (sorry dial up people)

Update with clear and during the wet sand/buffing stages.
Flames2012.jpg

Flames2011.jpg

Flames2003.jpg

Flames2005.jpg

Dartastic said:
I do like your wheels. What size tires? DO you run them year round or winter only?

I have run them through heavy rain with a lot of standing water and they performed well.

This will be the first winter I will go through with them. But here in the Seattle area, winter is not quite so bad.

They are 245/45/ZR18 96Y BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW

tylers65 said:
I have run them through heavy rain with a lot of standing water and they performed well.

This will be the first winter I will go through with them. But here in the Seattle area, winter is not quite so bad.

They are 245/45/ZR18 96Y BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW

The picture makes the sidewalls' look larger than 45's but they still look good. Thanks for the info. My 2004 is still stock but I do have major plans for it.

I always thought the same thing. The sidewalls seem a bit tall on them to mee too. Hell, I could be lying to you though, My car has been away from home for about a week and unless I check crap like that every couple of days I forget. I will double check tomorrow when I pick the car up. I am pretty sure I have the size right though.

not really my style for a lux car, but it looks real clean otherwise(excellent work, great color combination). the more that i look at it, the more a like it.

looking forward to seeing more pictures!

At first, I wasn't for you painting the flames on it.. But after looking.. GREAT CHOICE!! It's so subtle that its sweet!

LBK_LS said:
At first, I wasn't for you painting the flames on it.. But after looking.. GREAT CHOICE!! It's so subtle that its sweet!

I have to agree. The finished product is nothing like I thought it would be. Good job Tyler. Im still trying to figure out what to do with my LS.

You guys have to have faith in the painter. When they "ghost" flames..that's what they are. Your not suppose be see them unless you look at the car a certain way. This adds mystery to the car and makes people want to look. I love to see this on street rods and when I do I just stare at it.

Your painter did a great job! :Beer

Looks really nice man, I like the color of the flames, it's good that they are not much visible. Looks really clean and the grill is nice too. Congrats.

GrayGhost1 said:
You guys have to have faith in the painter. When they "ghost" flames..that's what they are. Your not suppose be see them unless you look at the car a certain way. This adds mystery to the car and makes people want to look. I love to see this on street rods and when I do I just stare at it.

Your painter did a great job! :Beer

Thanks Ken!

What most people do not know is that ghost flames are nothing but pearl mixed into clear coat. When you are shooting pearl, you cannot see the colors you are spraying. There is an unwritten rule about spraying pearl. If you can see the color, you just put too much on. So as the painter is spraying and trying to blend the different colors of pearl, he cannot see where one color ends and the other begins. It truly is an artform. That is why flames like this normally cost $2000 to $2500. you only end up about $300 into the materials, the rest you are paying for time and talent.

Members online

No members online now.
Back