Going to look at a Mark on Tuesday

02LS8Lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well like the title says, im going to be looking at a Mark this Tuesday the owner says that its a 97 with 133,000 miles. Hes asking 3,000 for it, now does this price sound right to you guys? i used to have a 97 and it had 75,000 miles on it when i wrecked it, and then I bought an LS thinking that it would compare to my lost Mark but its never touched that warm spot like my Mark did. Hopefully Ill be back behind the wheel of a Mark by this week. From the pictures its a dark wine burgendy color I dont know the name and its a base, in which Id rather have an LSC but due to the fact that Marks are kinda hard to find now at days, I guess im going to be color matching the chrome. Do you guys have any suggestions on price? I guess it all depends on the conditions that the car is in. To me it looks like to be in good conditions considering that the car has been driven about 8,000 miles a year. Ill keep you guys posted.

$3k for a gen2 with that many miles IF it's in good shape, is a pretty good deal. Look out for the usual suspects...low beam headlamp out, non-working tilt/tele column, rear neon out. Good luck with it though :)

Well like the title says, im going to be looking at a Mark this Tuesday the owner says that its a 97 with 133,000 miles. Hes asking 3,000 for it, now does this price sound right to you guys? i used to have a 97 and it had 75,000 miles on it when i wrecked it, and then I bought an LS thinking that it would compare to my lost Mark but its never touched that warm spot like my Mark did. Hopefully Ill be back behind the wheel of a Mark by this week. From the pictures its a dark wine burgendy color I dont know the name and its a base, in which Id rather have an LSC but due to the fact that Marks are kinda hard to find now at days, I guess im going to be color matching the chrome. Do you guys have any suggestions on price? I guess it all depends on the conditions that the car is in. To me it looks like to be in good conditions considering that the car has been driven about 8,000 miles a year. Ill keep you guys posted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...a77&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:7|39:1

Here's one you can bid on......:eek:

lmfao 36g's and he's in florida and that c.e is in canada? canada????? i wouldnt buy a big mac from canada nevermind a car. marvin, got your pm, been awhile dude! you just cant get used to that LS can you lol. see LS guys, here is a guy who owned a mark VIII, bought an LS and now he is in the market for another mark VIII. very smart man!!!!!
that is a good price if everything on it works like it should and if its clean. look it over real good. i dont know of anyone up my way selling one that would be a good one for you to look at.
Marvin is the one i met, who had been in an accident with his mark, and i bought his 18 inch wheels for my 98 black LSC. they were on his car until the accident.
good luck marvin, let me know if i can be any help on your quest. i do see alot of them on craigslist though. if you want to check even more of them in this state, use this site instead ... http://www.searchtempest.com/

its just like craigslist, but has way more breakdown of towns in a state so you'll find ones listed that craigslist cant.

yeah guys 36,000 seems a little steep for a mark, i mean only if it was made out of gold. Its crazy that when i wasnt looking for a mark, there were marks everywhere and now that im in the market for one, i cant seem to find any. i guess im just going to have to keep on looking. The LS is a nice car but I just cant get used to the low power. Jamie if you hear about anyone selling one let me know i know that you're always looking to part them out. If you find one that can be saved let me know.

3k is a good deal, Miles on these cars are nothing. Motors are good for 300k if maintained. Im looking at a 90 LSC just for kicks and he wants $2500 for his it's clean. I would be nice to have a Mark vii and viii. Go for it

Keep looking. Around me three grand buys you a Mark with under 75,000 miles. And down in Florida you are in Mark VIII-saturated territory, which should drive your prices down.

Like fatboy says, miles really aren't much of anything on these cars, but why buy a car with that many miles if you don't have to? The drivetrain might be good for it, but you're that much closer to needing chassis & suspension parts, that much more exposure to the road elements, that many more stone chips, etc.

36K for a 98 with a missing altenator beauty cover? No way! Now if it had the cover I might go as high as 35K :D

OP: Good luck with the purchase. In my area when I bought mine a year ago they were around 5 grand with under 100K on them. I got my 97 with 107K on it for $3200 but it already had the blend door mod, new fuel pump (255), coil overs, new coils, new injectors and all new bushings.
Only down side was it has a 98 drivers fender so its the wrong shade of green. :(

Pricing on Mark 8s depends on locaton. Here in MS, the average price for a gen1 is about $2-2500, in excellent to poor condition. Parts cars go for $1000. The gen2 goes for about $4-6500 in excellent to good shape. You won't find any gen2 part cars around here unless it's in a j/y, then they want 1500 for a totaled car minus the engine and trans. I need to move.

well dudes I came back from looking at the Mark, and guess what??? I bought it!!!! Im very happy with it, im going to pick it up on Saturday. It needs minor work. First things first it needs a big cleaning. Then it needs a tune up and some freon. The a/c works but just needs to be recharged. Also need to get ahold of Jaime b/c I need a driver side power seat rail, and im good to go. Its a 97 looks to be a cordovan with cream interior and the best part is that it has a sun roof. Very happy with it so far.

well dudes I came back from looking at the Mark, and guess what??? I bought it!!!! Im very happy with it, im going to pick it up on Saturday. It needs minor work. First things first it needs a big cleaning. Then it needs a tune up and some freon. The a/c works but just needs to be recharged. Also need to get ahold of Jaime b/c I need a driver side power seat rail, and im good to go. Its a 97 looks to be a cordovan with cream interior and the best part is that it has a sun roof. Very happy with it so far.

Congrats! :)

as soon as I get her on Saturday I will be posting pictures. Ill do some before and after pics.....dirty then clean, LOL!!

marvin i replied to you. i do full blown details if you want to drop it off for a weekend!! miami isnt that far lmfao

2 years ago i got my 97lsc with 125k loaded for 3k but needed a blend door and acouple hundred worth of work on the front end.

full detailing, wet sand, clay bar, buff, anything, engine bay, interior, depends what you want done. i dont like to wet sand though unless its freshly painted and orange peel, or if buffing just wont remove deep scratching, most cars dont need to be wet sanded , a good buff can usually bring a car back 90%

ooohhhhhhhh ok I thought you wanted to part her up....LOL!!!! when are you free so I can swing by maybe next saturday?

ok guys im kind of upset here....so i bring the beauty home and now it has engine shutter its a vibration that you can feel at idle and while crusing. Ones it gets to higher speeds the engine evens out and the vibration goes away. Im going to take her to my mechanic next week....also no engine light. I called the previous owner and he says that the car needs a tune up.

Pull out the COPs and check for a crack on a boot. I had a similar problem that only happened when warm. I went to check the plugs and saw a COP had a cracked plug boot. I electrical taped it up and it went away. :nice:

I have had a few of these engines though and I have also seen a warn fuel pump cause it (97 Cobra) and a bad ECT sensor with a dirty MAF (96 Cobra) be the problem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back