Grill options

Does anyone make the grille inserts which are similar to the McLauren grille being that nobody sells the McLauren grille anymore? (with the circular holes). I found the mesh inserts on ebay but don't like that look too much.

Only the crappy looking over the top of what you got ones that look like barf up close.

Only the crappy looking over the top of what you got ones that look like barf up close.

:D Finally someone else steps up to bat.

I dislike ( just to be nice ) those type of over lays. I really would rather it look like it was meant to be or leave it alone all together.

Also, I love that front lip in the link posted. FYI, just in case you didnt know a company named JT Auto style makes a similar bumper for the LS.

Mt favorite is still either the first gen lse or the second gen basic with a painted to match surround. I love my LSE grille but the chrome cascade is getting to me big time.

I just think they look cheap. But yours looks good cause you made it appear as if it was made that way. I personally would have used a different style mesh, a more thicker gauge. Actually one closer to the McLaren mesh. A member a few months ago posted a link to a site that distributes different mesh to make custom grilles. Some of them looked pretty good!

:D Finally someone else steps up to bat.

I dislike ( just to be nice ) those type of over lays. I really would rather it look like it was meant to be or leave it alone all together.

Also, I love that front lip in the link posted. FYI, just in case you didnt know a company named JT Auto style makes a similar bumper for the LS.

Mt favorite is still either the first gen lse or the second gen basic with a painted to match surround. I love my LSE grille but the chrome cascade is getting to me big time.

I'm a body guy..(no jokes please).. so i like do to tell it how it is. I've been installing bodykits for as long as i've been able to drive. Overlays look lazy and cheap. Like buying fake vents from autozone and putting them on the fenders. The only reason my ride isn't done is space and money. I've had my kit coversion mapped out and have been waiting to move. Just bought a house though so this will be a very good winter. (2 1/2 car heated garage).

JT auto styles kit is set up for a standard ride hight car rollin on 20's to look good. It's way to low if you got springs or sport tires unless you live in oz and the roads we're all repaved yesterday. However, that is the kit that first got me looking into other options from the ww or razzi kits. I wuld spend the money on that kit. I am gonna do the JDM Type R Honda lip conversion and document the process. The two side skirts are getting chopped from a late 90's M3 kit. The rear bumper trim is a secret. It's gonna look so much cleaner. All fully molded. No seams. Yeah...not a fan of the water fall either. Check out my cardomain. I have actually built two different options for my car out of fiberglass. They both look pretty decent.

I'm a body guy..(no jokes please).. so i like do to tell it how it is. I've been installing bodykits for as long as i've been able to drive. Overlays look lazy and cheap. Like buying fake vents from autozone and putting them on the fenders. The only reason my ride isn't done is space and money. I've had my kit coversion mapped out and have been waiting to move. Just bought a house though so this will be a very good winter. (2 1/2 car heated garage).

JT auto styles kit is set up for a standard ride hight car rollin on 20's to look good. It's way to low if you got springs or sport tires unless you live in oz and the roads we're all repaved yesterday. However, that is the kit that first got me looking into other options from the ww or razzi kits. I wuld spend the money on that kit. I am gonna do the JDM Type R Honda lip conversion and document the process. The two side skirts are getting chopped from a late 90's M3 kit. The rear bumper trim is a secret. It's gonna look so much cleaner. All fully molded. No seams. Yeah...not a fan of the water fall either. Check out my cardomain. I have actually built two different options for my car out of fiberglass. They both look pretty decent.

i cant wait until i have a 2 1/2 car heated garage, i would start my own home business hahaha

I personally think they JT kits needs to be slammed to look good. Riding high with that style lip looks cheap and out of place. Thats just my opinion on it.

I love the depth it adds to the car. A set of 18's or 19's with a decent tire slammed in my opinion would hit it off right. I just like how the kit adds depth like I said cause the springs available for the LS dont do much and that kit help accent that lots. I live in a place that has surprisingly good roads. I mean real smooth.

The poster car looks like hell and I know if done right that kit could be killer!

Oh and I do prefer the cascade on most LSes but just not chrome. Tooooooo loud for me. I gotta do something with mine or paint my 03 already

I also really like the rear lip on the JT kit.

I personally think they JT kits needs to be slammed to look good. Riding high with that style lip looks cheap and out of place. Thats just my opinion on it.

I love the depth it adds to the car. A set of 18's or 19's with a decent tire slammed in my opinion would hit it off right. I just like how the kit adds depth like I said cause the springs available for the LS dont do much and that kit help accent that lots. I live in a place that has surprisingly good roads. I mean real smooth.

The poster car looks like hell and I know if done right that kit could be killer!

Oh and I do prefer the cascade on most LSes but just not chrome. Tooooooo loud for me. I gotta do something with mine or paint my 03 already

it does look like hell, but i like the spinners it has on it, hahaha

If you could get the kit put on by a pro and seamed, with the right wheels, it could look good. The poster car makes it look glued on and bulky. I think where some kits and grills fail is fluidity. It needs to look custom and natural all at the same time. You should color match your grill for sure. Make sure you apply enough clear so it dosen't look like plastic.:)

You should color match your grill for sure. Make sure you apply enough clear so it dosen't look like plastic.

Which one?

You can see my LSE in my sig which is matched.

I so agree about that kit! It would be the best one or the LS if filled in. Not overly aggressive and not to plain. Aside from the JT kit the only others are the factory option kits, really the 06/2nd gen LSE cause again it helps add depth. The first gen LSE would look really god but it falls to short from the ground.

I want that kit bad. I think if I got meatier tires with my wheels and a Wings West deck spoiler it would be hella nice!

Here is a PS of a kit I wanted to do with the help of fiberglassforums.com

Still on hold and Im honestly not sure if I could ever get to do it but I got lots of materials for it...

lsgraykit.jpg

Some like it some dont but I think its pretty nice. Its based on the Junction Produce kits for the Lexus line of LSes:shifty:

Not to race like but still aggressive and sinister while holding a luxury type of class.

So I'm looking to put on a new grill and decided to do a little research first and figured this thread was a good place to start. A few quick questions:

1. Does the Lund (formerly Trenz) Billet Grille come with the lincoln emblem or do I have to pop that out of my old grill - I only ask cuz mine has some chips from highway driving.

2. I noticed a couple people have ALL chrome grills. Can you buy one like this or do you have to take 2 grills and chop em up and put em together?

3. Finally, will the 04-06 LSE grill from LSKoncepts work with an 03? (http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-grilles-c-291_348_351.php) and does this grill come with the lincoln emblem?

Thanks

1. The Trenz grill is only the bottom section - you re-use your top cap - which contains the logo.

2. it's a very special version - but was OE i believe.

3. those are complete grills - so yes they come with logo.

So I'm looking to put on a new grill and decided to do a little research first and figured this thread was a good place to start. A few quick questions:

1. Does the Lund (formerly Trenz) Billet Grille come with the lincoln emblem or do I have to pop that out of my old grill - I only ask cuz mine has some chips from highway driving.

2. I noticed a couple people have ALL chrome grills. Can you buy one like this or do you have to take 2 grills and chop em up and put em together?

3. Finally, will the 04-06 LSE grill from LSKoncepts work with an 03? (http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-grilles-c-291_348_351.php) and does this grill come with the lincoln emblem?

Thanks

For the all chrome grilles, you have to piece it together. First, you have to find a gen 2 grille that was a 2 piece design, then take out the black waterfall. Replace the black waterfall with the waterfall from the gen 2 LSE grille.

Members online

No members online now.
Back