I know everyone hates them....but just installed lambo doors!

actually if you keep the stock swaybars (or get stiffer ones) and you get the bags set up right, it will handle as good as, if not better than stock, and its useful mainly for adjusting ride height. slam it to carve corners, lift it to go over a speed bump. only thing is you wont be able to rock it side to side like in those videos, but seriously who cares about that?

Installed the doors on a black on black today

Started at 9:30 and finished at 2:30 and didnt even use my air ratchet or impact. I sold the kit to this kid for 950 and only charged him a 100 bucks for the install. Will post some pics and instructions as soon as I get some free time.

Pics are a little out of order, due to resizing issues, had to resize and upload a few of these again out of order.

1. Take the bolts out of the fender. 3 on top. 1 where the hood shock is. 1 in the door jam from the front. 1 in the door jam from the tire well. 2 from the bumper up into the fender in the front. 2 behind the black side skirt, you must take the first two screws out, so you can pull it down far enough to get to the two at the bottom of the back of the fender.

2. You must remove the firewall to get to the bolts that hold the fender and bumper together and the one that goes from the firewall into the door jam.

3. The firewall is easily removed, a few small bolts, some push pin tabs, and a screw that is holding the side skirt and the firewall in.

4. Dont try to take the fender off yet. Take the two front black covers off. top one has 4 pin type tabs and the other has three. These covers are the ones right above the bumper under the hood.

5. Take your headlights off. 3 bolts in each. Now you can see there are 2 more bolts that hold the bumper to the frame of the car. You must remove these to remove the fender. There is nothing holding the bumper on except some bumper molding in the front. When you remove these two bolts, you must pull the bumper out (actual bumper the one behind the outside bumper)
When you do this there is a tab the holds the fender between the bumper and frame. Now you can remove the fender.

6. Now for the door. Take the door panel off. Take the rubber part that holds the wires in the door out of the door. Now there is a little tab that holds the wires in place right below the door speaker. remove this tab and pull the excess wire out of the door. This has always been enough extra wire for me. Now there is a black braket that keeps your door from opening to far. Remove this, it has two bolts. It is hard, but you can actually push this back into the door. simulate closing the door if you arent strong enough. Dont scratch your door jam. now you can feel these holes however you like.

7. There are two brackets in the door jam that used to hold the fender in place, you can leave the top one, but you must remove the bottom one. Also there is a bracket with something mounted to it on the drivers side firewall, remove this for now. it will be in the way of the new hinge and must be relocated right below it original position after the hinge is installed and befor the fender goes back on.

8. Trimming the fender. I always use my grinder. I just feel comfortable with it. cut it how you like, but you only need to trim the inside wall. See the pics.

9. Tapeing the door. I have lots of practice so I know how much gap I need. My best advice is tape the door in place. The kit comes with little plastic pieces that you can place between the back of the front door and the back door. Due to how far the door opens the regular way. the gap between the fender and the front of the front door is NOTICEABLE. More than I like, but a sacrifice I had to make. After you have it taped, you can remove the original hinges. Now you get the Lambo door hinge, and tighten the hinge onto the door first. Only the tape is holding the weight of the door. Do your best to minimize the back gap and increase the front gap without it rubbing. Now line up the hinge and bolt it to the body of the car.

10. Installing the shock. Untape the door. Open the door. When you open the door, support it. It will drop a little. Lift up the door as far as you can. Now the shock slides into the bottom of the hinge and screws into the top of the hinge. Put the pin in the bottom. If you put the hinge and shock on correctly, you can now let go of the door and it will be supported by the shock.

11. Adjusting the door. There are 2 set screws, 1 adjusts how far the door will open, and the other adjust how far down (height) the door goes. This one is essential to adjust because you are actually lineing up your door latch. too far in (door drops too low) too far out (door doesnt go down far enough)

12. Now for the customization. On the drivers side firewall, there is a bracket you must relocate. I should have told you this before and I will add it in above. I just by some self tapping metal screws and adjust the way it is held on. I relocate the bracket right below the hinge. same location, just a little lower. If you have a better idea let me know, because it makes my firewall stick out a little bit. Also if you know what the proper name of this component is, I would like to know. It is right of the fuel filter.

13. Repeat and reassemble. This was my 1st time I did not have to loosen the hinge and readjust the hinge. I have done this several times, so if you decide to do this. It will take you time and patience, but saves 700 to 1500 dollars. All in a hard days work.

13. Im tired so if you want more explanation or you want to buy a kit. Lemme Know.

Members online

No members online now.
Back