I think I have fallen in love....

unity

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe not love. Every try to make love to a tire? Thought so.... But these were dropped off today with the install kit. The install kit is $81 worth of lug nuts, valve stems (dont need) and a tool to get them on. Little pricey I think, but....

Total cost:

Rims: $480.00

Tires: $584.13 (install tire to rim, balance, etc....)

Total: $1,064.13

Once I get my car back from the alignment I will post some on car pics.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

They are 20s, going on Opal Opalescent (Its French for white but not white, pearl but not really) with black hood - ya, not getting re-painted in time for the meet :(

Eventually the car will be Mercedes Silver :)

Oh, and the lugs are ALL locking type with floating ends. Thats why they cost so much. When you tighten them the rim to lug contact area is lick a fixed washer and wont grind and scratch up against the rim. They are very nice actually. And I am glad they went with standard black valve stems, they blend right in.

EXCELENT CHOICE!!! Those look great! They will make your mark look awesome! :cool:

Ya. Wider would have been better I think. But they have more beef than I too thought, which is great. Just waiting for the call to get my Mark from the Ford dealer!!

Those look nice. It sounds like it will look great once installed :)
I'll second the lil wider part ;)

unity, when you put the rims on with the new nuts, check to be sure the new nuts don't bottom on the studs before they are totally tight. It will break the ends off them and then its a royal pita!
I went to take mine off a few minutes ago and this happened! I checked the new nuts when I got them, but didn't think the lock nuts themselves were a hair shorter inside and they bottomed out. Now I get to run around the rest of the day and figure out were to find the right tool to get them off!!! (I tried the hammer the socket on to no avail :( )

Yup, was going to check them. One on the front and rear to make sure of that issue.

That combo will look great.

However, when you get to replacing them, you really, really need 245's to fit the rim better and take advantage of the rim protection feature of the tire.

225's aren't cutting it.

Wrong lugs, going to use factory ones instead then. I have the tools to prevent scuffing of the black paint, the original reason to order the lugs they did. They wont be locking, but really if someone wants them they will get em one way or another.

They are 20s, going on Opal Opalescent (Its French for white but not white, pearl but not really) with black hood - ya, not getting re-painted in time for the meet :(

Eventually the car will be Mercedes Silver :)

good description of the color, and dont be ashamed of your black hood, act like you wanted it that way, you will earn ricer street cred fo-shoo just yell ITS JDM TYTE YO!!!

rims look good too, lets see some pics the dealer has to be closed by now

Ya ya... here they are! :) Took a while to get them on, I am at work and its HOT as HELL outside with very high humidity.

These pics are with the car lowered as far as it can go to check for rubbing. Only the passenger side rubs a little and I will have to roll that out just a little. Then for both rear sides trim a little of the bumper off on the inside.

Also keep in mind I leveled the car as best I could before the alignment. But since the front wheels were set back in the well and are now centered the back appears really low. Since these photos I have adjusted the rear up a little and raised the overall height to what I would normally drive it at. I think they look really good, glad I went black.

By the way, I am glad the dealership washed and cleaned the inside of the car for me so it does not look TOO bad in these pics! lol Oh and the polished the rims and gave some shine to the tires.... keep in mind they came off RIGHT when the car got here to put these on!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

For 20s I dont think they look too big either. 18s would have been fine, but these are not nearly as "extreme" as I thought they may look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back