ICE Box

meangy9

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Any luck with the LMS ice boxes yet? Have they come in? I really want one and been waiting for a WHILE. If not anywhere else that I can get one. THANKS

I made my own, its sweet. Completely sealed from the engine compartment, double walled aluminum. I even extended it past the mass air to help it stay cool. Made a huge difference on power consistency.

was it a pain in the ass to make? And where'd you get the double walled aluminum? I thought about this before and figured I'd just order it from LMS. But now I'm really thinking of doing what you did. Thanks man

I was going to get his too, I figured it would be hard to make one for less. After a while of waiting I decided to do my own. The aluminum isn't double walled, I made it double walled. I spent almost what he charges in materials, the final result is better looking and performs incredible.

Here they are. I believe it was 20 gauge, alittle flimsy I thought at first, thats kinda why I started to think double wall, then the obvious heat protection benefits, it works terrific. There's a 1" gap between the two walls. I used the same gasket material you see on top along all edges, so where it meets the body etc., its air tight. The fit was so good I could of skipped it. It also fits the hood insulation tight, the gasket was just a nice finishing touch I guess. I also designed it so it mounts to the same bolt locations as the stock box with simple L-brackets, you could go back to stock. Bolt are all stainless, washers too and I used stainless lock nuts. You can drive the car as long as you want in hottest of weather, pull over, pop the hood, put one hand on one side one on the other and the filter side is super cold compared to the other, its that dramatic. Let the car sit running or not it takes a long time for the heat to transfer throu. Even then if you jump in again and drive around, pull over and its cool again. I did it several times, it always cools down. Power is always there, always cold air to breath.

114-1454_IMG.JPG

114-1455_IMG.JPG

114-1456_IMG.JPG

114-1457_IMG.JPG

114-1458_IMG.JPG

114-1459_IMG.JPG

114-1460_IMG.JPG

114-1461_IMG.JPG

that definately looks really nice. Good job! I probly wouldn't be able to make mine as nice....but Now I might try. How did you cut the circle in the middle for the tube to connect to the intake

Well, I Was Hoping To Spend Around $50 For The Lms One. But Since They Most Likely Don't Have It In I Might Have To Spend A Few Extra Bucks. Just Name A Price....if You're Considering Making Another. Thanks, I Didn't Really Expect Any Response From Anyone.

I spent way more on materials than I needed too. If I bought the material in sheet form and the fasteners alittle more in bulk, I could probably make it worth it. I wonder how many need them?

you should start a post and see if other people are interested in buying from you. good way to make some $$$. If not then hopefully LMS will have them soon. Thanks and good luck if you post it!

Nice job....looks really good.
How do these cars perform with the cone filter? I bet they sound better.

I've been trying to get one for a long time now!!! I would like to buy one, from anyone because ultimately its my car and its performance I care about, not where it comes from. I too sought one of those out for a long time but as much as I like to get things from Geno, ultimately I mostly just like to get them.

I've been looking to buy one of these for while now. Maybe now we can get some built up...

fossten said:
Nothing like a little competition to curb vendor complacency.

How is this Vendor complacency? Do I have control over the Guy who makes these for me?
Get a grip.

I tell you people what he tells me ? Thats all I can do, so do not make it look like I just sit back and do nothing about this and YES I have tried other vendors to do the manufacturing and of course once again since its such SMALL numbers none of them even want to bother with it and I cannot blame them. My guy is HEAVY into Military contracts and they HAVE to come first and he does these as a favor so thats all I can tell you Guys.

Geno once you get some more in, I would like to purchase an Icebox myself.

Members online

Back