Just put in a 06 xxx and it sounds like crap???

heres a pic of it

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21012&stc=1&d=1155657792

a6_12.jpg

20BlackLS00 said:
THe speaker is not nearly as loud as my 2 audiobahn flame Q's. its facing forward through the seats with them down running off 1 2500d in a box built to its specifications. all i have now is 2 batteries. This is far from my expectations. This was installed by a professional audio store and im extremly dissapointed. I cant imagine wats wrong. Its got 0 gauge wire and everythin. Would adding a 200 or 240 amp alt make that big of a difference cuz right now it can barely make my rearview mirror go down and doesnt even compare to the audobahns that were in there.

I hate to say this.. But you BOX seems LIKE its TOO SMALL. Its all install dependant. I run 2 XXX 18's and set off car alarms any time i want. You should be in the same boat.

Also, try checking out your amp, how its wired. those suckers at the audio shop dont know what they are doing half the time. send me pics of your install

Well, did you ever get around to changing your enclosure. You should really try a few different things before you sell the sub. The lows on this should shake the car. The enclosures that some audio shops make are fake mdf, and they end up sounding like :q:q:q:q. Also the tuning of the box may be a little to high, which kills the reason you have a xxxx 06. The low end monster. noting xome close. nothing. so you have play around with the enclosuire. The LS is NOT good for systems. the trunk is like a coffin. So i usually put the seats down. The only thing i would suggext other than changing the box is facing it to the back of the car. trust me just do it.

Fla02LS said:
Its been a long known car audio fact that having the woofers facing backwards produces a much better sound. Also, a sealed box will work better in your trunk.

I agree, the only bad thing is that it produces more rattle, thats why my whole trunk is dynamated. also if you faced it forward the only way it will sound louder is if you ported it into the car through the back dash. that means removing the factory rear deck speakers (if you have them) and removing the metal underneath the rear dash. I have done two enclosures in my trunk and the first one was louder, but the second is cleaner. Also the ls seats are great sound barriers, so very little sound (bass) will get through them, if your system is very loud with your seats up, then your trunk probably sounds like @ss, lots of vibrating metal. my recommendation is if your not happy have them port the box through the back dash, if not redo it like i did. another thing is some speakers do sound better facing forward, especially in trucks, that is because the cab is usually smaller and has a nice windshield right in front of them, which gives a louder effect. thats why hatch backs are so dam loud, without even trying.

buddyleee5 said:
1. it has not been proven that it produces better sound fcaing backwards, it is all personal preference and the make of the car. SOme cars with the subs firing upwards produces louder sound. The hatch revererates the sound waves from the subs, but facing thme back wards dows not sound amazingly better. In fact most people without an acoustical ear cannot hear the difference.

And 2. sealed or ported is once again the listeners preference. The sub will produce more output with less power in a ported box then sealed, but will lose some of the sound quality that it has. But because it is an re audio woofer putting it in a ported box will not hurt the sound much at all. Upgrading to a ported box from a selaed box will increase the output of the sub, which is what he is looking to do.

Agreed. That sub should be loud as hell if it is being given the proper wattage. 2 things I can think of may be the problem.

1- They wired it to a higher ohm load so it is really only getting less than like 1000 watts... It must be wired to 1 ohm of resistance in order for that amp to be actually putting out 2500w... if the sub is a dual 2 ohm then it can be wired to 1 ohm which would give it the 2.5k. If they wired it to 4 ohms instead (which is the only other option with a dual 2 ohm sub) then it would only be getting 1000w rms @ full output... Which will barely make that sub move...

I would like to think that the place isnt stupid enough to do that or the following but you never know...

2. Maybe they didnt set the gains correctly so your HU's output is not matched to the amps and it is seeing a signal to put out far less power than it should be. Look at how far up the gain is and reset it yourself with a digital multimeter. There is a guide on how to do this on jlaudio.com and a couple other places.

Members online

No members online now.
Back