LaserSVT 97 LSC progress thread

Your car is looks absolutely SICK!! Lasar. your cobra in one of your pics looks mean too i really want to get one if only i was not broke and starting college:( o well when i get out i that will be the first car i buy!!!

Thanks mang, meens allot!

I am really getting aggervated at SCP. I ordered my braces over 3 months ago and another member got his two weeks ago and he ordered after me. :mad:
I want my damn braces.

Just got the tokico's ordered 2 days ago and their bachordered. :mad: Great looking paint Laser. Car is going to be wicked.

Well Bill at SCP contacted me and said there was a mistake or issue with my order being shipped out. He appologized and said it was his mistake that they didnt get shipped two weeks ago like everyone elses. :mad: Had he of checked that when I contacted him 3 other times in the last two weeks then I still wouldnt be waiting. Oh well.
I still plan on ordering from him my driveshaft cause its only $490 shipped for a 4" D/S, I just hope it dont take 3 months again. :(

Man was I suprised to find a box on my front steps today. Couldnt figure out what the hell it was and was shocked to see it was my SCP braces! :wrench
I wish it wasnt so dark and bug infested outside right now cause after waiting over three months I almost forgot I ordered them. :lol:

I will install them this weekend, looks easy enough and I want them on for the alignment.
First impressions are they have nice welds and are of thick material. The powdercoating is nice and thick and they came with all the hardware too.

IMGP0235.jpg

IMGP0239.jpg

IMGP0242.jpg

My SCP lower support braces were installed today, now the setup is complete since I already installed the forward braces
Could tell the difference just pulling out of the weld shop, much firmer ride, better handling. Almost like a second front sway bar.
Now it has that throw your ass to the other seat feeling when changing lanes or in the turns. Over all very

Over all very glad they are installed, just a long wait from SCP.

David

Last edited:
Well I got it all installed in about an hour. I marked everything this time before taking it all apart and its alignment is still dead center with the sterring wheel being centered as well. OEM is so much nicer then the Autozone crap. Cant believe I was gonna pay a shop $100 to install them, its just so quick and easy for me now.
I also installed mt front side braces too and all I can say is OMFG WTFBBQ FTMFW!!!1!
The car is completly different! I didnt expect turning to be so much better with such a simple mod! :eek: The car just snaps into a turn much quicker then it ever did before and the course corrections through a high speed sweeping turn are far less. Its just point and shoot! I am very very impressed with the difference in how the car can corner, never realized there was so much flex in the k-member. If you got an extra $140 laying around then I highly reccomend them. :)

And yes, I need new tires. They may be sent soon, I hope so cause these look scarry. :lol:
IMGP0260.jpg

IMGP0261.jpg

After putting the braces on Stacks car I simply couldn't beleive the difference... I was AMAZED...

wow great progress damn laser your my ideal........

I can't wait to see this car with the new rims on. It's going to be one of the few Gen 2's that I do like. Frog's car is one of my favorites too. Not with the old rims but with the black ones on. That car is ready but I'm still hooked on the Gen 1's.

i just ordered a set of the lower braces from scp. For some reason the last time i ordered from scp i remember there being an issue as well. Lets hope i get them soon.

Well she goes in the shop tomorrow to be freshened up some. When it gets back I will clean her up and show the new wheels and dent free body. :wrench

Its only getting 30 or so dings pulled and the bumper is getting repaired. Then they are going to respray the bumper, fender, headlight trim and blend it with the door and hood. They are also going to align the hood and maybe roll the rear fenders a bit. The 275/40 rub just a hair when doing 75+ on the back roads around here that have some dips.
Here is whats all getting addressed tomorrow:
IMGP0297.jpg

IMGP0298.jpg

IMGP0301.jpg

IMGP0303.jpg

IMGP0299.jpg

IMGP0300.jpg

Yeah, that fender always bugged the hell out of me. I was embarresed cause it really makes the car look like a beater. :(

Oh well, that will be different in three days. :wrench

think of it this way, the pass side is nice so when you wave at the hotties on the sidewalk the car looks clean!

DAMNIT!!!! :mad:
Body shop called me and said there are 73 dings on the car and that the hood by itself is $300 cause its aluminum and they want $600 for ding/dent removal. Thats 48 dings more then we had thought but now thats a $1300 job. I said screw it and go ahead, in for a penny in for a pound. :(

:lol:

You guys kill me. He told me they would circle all the dings and I can stop by and pick the ones I want removed and save some money. I figure at best I could save $150 and then would have dings that would piss me off so I told him just do it all. I hope she looks good when done cause its hard to justify $1300 in body work on a $2000 car but I do love the damn boat and I have already spent $3300 in other stuff and with the initial purchase of the car I will be into it about $8000. :eek: So I will own it till it dies.

I will also not be using the close parking stalls any more and take two spots on the far end of the lots so it does not get any more dings. :lol:

Hey Laser, what part of Texas are you? My sons 97 I am working on is the same color. Currently a work in progress. We will have to do a side by side photo shoot when all of our work is done.

DAMNIT!!!! :mad:
Body shop called me and said there are 73 dings on the car and that the hood by itself is $300 cause its aluminum and they want $600 for ding/dent removal. Thats 48 dings more then we had thought but now thats a $1300 job. I said screw it and go ahead, in for a penny in for a pound. :(

Laser I had a paintless dent removal guy do my whole car for $200 and he came to my house to do it. I had that guy out there for 2-3 hours yanking dents. My car was absolutely riddled with them, now there are only two small ones he couldn't get at.....and a new one from some scumbag that hit my car.

Point is in this economy you probably could have someone come to you and do it for probably $150. Your car doesn't look as bad as mine did.

If it's not too late I'd pull your car from the shop and call around.

Did you get your gears in yet?

Hey Laser, what part of Texas are you? My sons 97 I am working on is the same color. Currently a work in progress. We will have to do a side by side photo shoot when all of our work is done.
I live in Corsican about 65 miles south of Dallas on I45. I work in Waco though which may be a bit closer. Would love to do a photo shoot with some nice Mark VIIIs. There are only two I have seen in Waco but they are not enthusiasts. :(
Laser I had a paintless dent removal guy do my whole car for $200 and he came to my house to do it. I had that guy out there for 2-3 hours yanking dents. My car was absolutely riddled with them, now there are only two small ones he couldn't get at.....and a new one from some scumbag that hit my car.

Point is in this economy you probably could have someone come to you and do it for probably $150. Your car doesn't look as bad as mine did.

If it's not too late I'd pull your car from the shop and call around.

Did you get your gears in yet?

The ding places want 45-65 per ding, I called 5 places. My shop is removing 77 dings for $600 so I think its a good deal. They did $15000 in work to my Cobra and I was happy, they do good work. He takes care of me but said their guy was real good and will remove every single blemish on it and it will be like new. He also said the hood is a PITA cause its aluminum and it takes 3x longer for every ding and there are 21 on the hood alone from hail. He said it will be 10 hours just on the dings so again, the price seems good. He gave me a break on the labor and materials for the paint too. Fixing a bumper and repainting the nose for $700 is a good price when its a quality job.
When they did my Cobra the parts they painted looked much nicer then the OEM paint and had zero orange peel where the stock paint was loaded with it.

And the gears have not been done yet. I was going to do them next check cause I was gonna get a 4" drive shaft for x-mas but now that my amp died I need a new amp so I am asking for a JL 500/5 instead of the shaft. I spend 3 hours every day in the car and I need my tunes. By the end of Febuary I will have the gears and a LMS cat back installed. My passenger upper ball joint and drivers lower ball joint is making noise so before I buy more mod parts I am going to get some T-bird upper and lower controll arms and a 93 Mark VIII steering rack then slap them in. I hate noises and the slight vaugness in the wheel and want that fixed before I add more acceleration. :D

I live in Corsican about 65 miles south of Dallas on I45. I work in Waco though which may be a bit closer. Would love to do a photo shoot with some nice Mark VIIIs. There are only two I have seen in Waco but they are not enthusiasts.

We are definately going to have to hook up sometime. I routinely travel to Saginaw by Ft. Worth to visit my aunt. Sometime I travel I-35 north through Waco, and sometime I go through I-45.

Members online

No members online now.
Back