Lincoln LS 2000 V6 For Parts

brycebw

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am parting out my death trap here, everything is fine except for the suspension. Is anyone interested? You can buy the whole thing or or parts that you need. Runs great except for the fact that the entire suspension is :q:q:q:qed :)

lol if there's one thing I'd never think to call an LS it would be death trap.

Agreed. The LS is one of the safest vehicles on the road. It's not a neon. 5 star crash rating must mean death trap I guess.

The sunroofs are incredibly sturdy. Theres a video where some guys hit a city bus and get out unharmed.

it better be gold with some diamonds on it... 1k for a used tranny are you kidding me does it have like 10,000 miles on it

It has 75k miles on it. Serviced every 7k miles.
I am not talking about the crash-ability I am talking about the suspension system spontaneously disintegrating. Will get pictures from inside the vehicle this afternoon. I am willing to come down on the price of the tranny but not much, offer.

heres the thing 1000 dollars for a tranny that has been serviced is too much for this car I can buy a running car with less millage for just a few thousand more.

Plus why the hell did you service a sealed tranny every 7,000 miles when it is not supposed to be.. and the definition of serviced is about as vast as the definition of "it"

Also I can tell you this, with that millage very soon I am going to have to drop a 300 dollar solenoid. and maybe more.

You may find some jack ass to buy that for a grand but not many of the members on here will.

heres the thing 1000 dollars for a tranny that has been serviced is too much for this car I can buy a running car with less millage for just a few thousand more.

Plus why the hell did you service a sealed tranny every 7,000 miles when it is not supposed to be.. and the definition of serviced is about as vast as the definition of "it"

Also I can tell you this, with that millage very soon I am going to have to drop a 300 dollar solenoid. and maybe more.

You may find some jack ass to buy that for a grand but not many of the members on here will.
By serviced I meant fluids drained and replaced, Sorry but I am not a car aficionado. By the way I may not know all the lingo but I know when people are :q:q:q:qing with me, if you don't want to pay a decent price for this tranny then don't bother with your lies, a solenoid pack for this tranny is only $162.95. I am not here to be dicked around with I am here to do a fair trade. I will go to $870 for the tranny and not a dime lower, a transmission with 95k miles on it for this car sells for about $900 so this is a steal.

.... wow dude, you don't need to get angry,

I am just telling you the truth. and trannys may go for that, I am just telling you, you will not get that here, as we know the prices of parts and what things are worth.

and my lies, look here you little :q:q:q:qing cock, http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2002&m=Lincoln&mo=LS#Search

Buy ford parts for your ford car, or you can replace them twice

I don't care what you do and don't know about cars I am not here to make you mad I am here to inform you...

I am not talking about the crash-ability I am talking about the suspension system spontaneously disintegrating.

Calling it a death trap couldn't be further from the truth... A car thats serviced every "7k" wont have suspension that spontaneously disintegrates... So either A. your full of sh!t on the maintenance of your vehicle or B. so stupid when paying for the services that you didn't bother checking up on anything.

Either case I wouldn't trust purchasing anything from you...

You have proof of these services... did you do them yourself?

I may not know all the lingo but I know when people are :q:q:q:qing with me, if you don't want to pay a decent price for this tranny then don't bother with your lies

we are not F***ing with you, we are calling you out on your BS... We will not let you come in here and try and take advantage of someone who might be in a tough spot or stupid enough to pay (jrocc) for your wildly absurd claims on your tranny.

There are at least 7 V6 1gen transmissions in the US at junkyards with less than 100,000 miles WITH warranties going for less than 500. Many of them as low as 400-450.

In fact, there is one only 3 hours from you in Lumberton with 116,000 mi. for 500.

We're not :q:q:q:qing with you - you're just wrong.

I am not talking about the crash-ability I am talking about the suspension system spontaneously disintegrating. Will get pictures from inside the vehicle this afternoon. I am willing to come down on the price of the tranny but not much, offer.

Things wear with time age and abuse.

My suspension is all original and it still drives like a new car.

A vehicle that has over 10 years of use is going to need lots of things replaced on it that's just common sense. We know these cars very well and your claims are absurd.

Calling it a death trap couldn't be further from the truth... A car thats serviced every "7k" wont have suspension that spontaneously disintegrates... So either A. your full of sh!t on the maintenance of your vehicle or B. so stupid when paying for the services that you didn't bother checking up on anything.

we are not F***ing with you, we are calling you out on your BS... We will not let you come in here and try and take advantage of someone who might be in a tough spot or stupid enough to pay (jrocc) for your wildly absurd claims on your tranny.

Yes I have proof of these services, from Parrish Tire

I am the one who is in the tough spot. I have had the front suspension replaced twice and this is the third time it has broken, as well as the toe rods or whatever they are in the back.I hope you guys are not right about it being a safe car suspension wise because if you are then I have been getting royally screwed by Parrish Tire. And maybe you guys can help. I am just here to get enough money for a down payment on a new car that I can depend on. And maybe you can tell me if 2600$ is a rip off to fix the car. I don't know I just need something to get me to work. So I think we met on the wrong terms and I am sorry I am just in a horrible position and very stressed right now.
What is your guys advice, opinions.

they are taking you for a ride, I have almost 90,000 on mine and have never touched the suspension other than a control arm I bent a bit

I am the one who is in the tough spot. I have had the front suspension replaced twice and this is the third time it has broken, as well as the toe rods or whatever they are in the back.I hope you guys are not right about it being a safe car suspension wise because if you are then I have been getting royally screwed by Parrish Tire. And maybe you guys can help. I am just here to get enough money for a down payment on a new car that I can depend on. And maybe you can tell me if 2600$ is a rip off to fix the car. I don't know I just need something to get me to work. So I think we met on the wrong terms and I am sorry I am just in a horrible position and very stressed right now.
What is your guys advice, opinions.

Your problem is taking a Luxury car to a tire place for service... a tire place is only good for that... Sounds like they've been taking you to the cleaners for years... (fool me once scenario). There is no reason to be "replacing" your suspension that often. YOU REALLY NEED TO FIND A TRUSTED DEALER. all do respect, sounds like its pretty easy to get you to pay for anything. so either find somewhere else to take it... or find a cheaper car you can be ripped off with...

If the tire place can get you to do a tranny service every 7k, you cant really blame them for trying to get 2600 for a bushing replacment....

I have 123,500 miles on my 01 and have replaced shocks/struts, ball joints in the lower control arms, and tie rod ends. I need to do sway bar bushings, but I consider everything I've replace routine for the year and mileage.

although... your the same guy that takes interior pictures with the windows rolled up :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back