Lincoln LS miss fire turns into a night mare!!!

Z03LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I picked up this 03 with a 3.9 motor 82K miles from the auction real cheap! Saw its in limp mode, looked it up real quick and I saw miss fires, thought I could just replace the coils, plugs and valve cover because it was leaking to the outside like crazy! so I bought 8 coils and valve cover gasket! so while I was pulling the coils I was expecting oil! shockingly there was no oil at all, I went ahead and replaced the coils, car ran the same, didn't change a bit! codes I had were
P0353
P0356
P0357
P0358

Also
P2107 Throttle actuator control model processor
P2110 Throttle actuator control system forced limited rpm

I went a head and bought a used one and replaced it! car was the same and didn't change at all!
Next I started checking compression, all was around 120 but number 7 was 0 and 40 WITH the car running! and the car finally started smoking blue smoke a lot of it!

I went a head and bought a new motor with 40 K miles on and replaced it, installed the new coils, NOW car ran like **** with the same code! now I checked injector pulse and there was none in Cylinders 3 56 whats stopping the injectors ? computer ? any advice ? please ?

those aren't misfire codes. those are ignition coil circuit malfunction codes. you got a wiring problem or something.

you are right! now Why am I not getting pulse on some injectors ? you think my wiring harness is bad ? what to do next ?
those aren't misfire codes. those are ignition coil circuit malfunction codes. you got a wiring problem or something.

sounds like you are gonna need an evtm and a noid light.

you need to find out whats wrong with those circuits.
you bought it from an auction cheap? yeah, there's gonna be something wrong.

do you have any history on the car?

sounds like you are gonna need an evtm and a noid light.

you need to find out whats wrong with those circuits.
you bought it from an auction cheap? yeah, there's gonna be something wrong.

do you have any history on the car?

Its an LSE and I got it for 1000 Its black on black!
I don't have any history on the car, I heard that's a common PCM problem! I have a noid light and I tested all injector wires for pulse. I had pulse on 1 2 4 6 7 8

Its an LSE and I got it for 1000 Its black on black!
I don't have any history on the car, I heard that's a common PCM problem! I have a noid light and I tested all injector wires for pulse. I had pulse on 1 2 4 6 7 8

It's not a real LSE if it's an '03. There was no LSE on '03 or '06.

Before you hooked up your noid light, did you check to make sure you were getting 12V at the #3 & #5 connectors?

Don't know if your 2003 is the same but this should help:

zafu.jpg

Before you hooked up your noid light, did you check to make sure you were getting 12V at the #3 & #5 connectors?

zafu.jpg

No I haven't checked that! Should I check with the car running ?

zafu.jpg

Are you talking about ignition connectors or injectors ? no I have not checked for that!

There does seem to be a developing history of bad PCM's on LS's.

probably has to do with all the time people drive around with some level of severity of missfires.

drive around with bad parts long enough and the price of repair only gets higher...

Maybe it's a bad PCM burned up by misfires. His English is poor, but check out this video. There does seem to be a developing history of bad PCM's on LS's.

I saw this video before, he's got the same exact codes like mine. I found company that sells programmed pcm for 350, but I will still have to get the car towed to the dealer to get the key programmed. any idea if a locksmith can do it ? what if I buy the computer and tow the car to the dealer have them program it, and then it will do the same thing ?? lol I'll be dumping around 500 in it!

So I bought I used computer and had the dealer program it, car runs perfect now! Case closed

Case closed... Apart from the real issue here: IS IT REALLY AN LSE? :p

The dealer charged me 219 plus tax, they programmed two computers, they also did instillation and I had a problem with the starter they fixed a couple wires. First computer they programmed didn't work so I had to buy another one and do it again

The dealer charged me 219 plus tax, they programmed two computers, they also did instillation and I had a problem with the starter they fixed a couple wires. First computer they programmed didn't work so I had to buy another one and do it again

Not that bad for that price, it seems that this is a common design issue with the LS. Looks like Ford engineers were on crack when designing the electrical. The design of how the coils are placed is similar to my 98 Continental but it doesn't kill the coils. Last time when I replaced the valve cover gasket on the continental the boots cracked and covered with oil but I only have to replace the boots not the coil (which costs only $6)

Members online

No members online now.
Back