Lincoln Ls price range

stateproperty3423

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a 17 year old high school student and thinking of buying a Lincoln ls in July. I have 20 grand (that is saved myself :Beer no rich parents here) anyway I really want a 03 or 04 because I love the visual diffence...I am hoping to find an 03 or 04 with no more than 40k miles for 22 grand (which is the 20,000 i saved + i am hoping to talk the dealer down 2000 because I have straight cash) my question to all of you is how much did you pay for your ls's with how many miles and what year. Also do you think i can get a 03 or 04 for 22 grand and do you think a dealer would take 2000 off because i have cash. Thanks in advance.

i was in the same boat as you but im 21, i bought mine for 14000 its a 00 v8 with 43000 miles on it. you can find what your looking for for that price, you might even go a year later and keep some cash to throw a system, rims and cai.a and some other mods. thats if your into that

i bought my 02 w/ 20K miles for about 21K during the summer(black on black)...same boat as u all my money . Best bet go to a dealer auction...as far as cash goes i guess it can help.
Anyways I would seriously consider getting an 02. save urself some cash and with money to spare improve it to a 03+ performance and appearance.

stateproperty3423 said:
Hi I am a 17 year old high school student and thinking of buying a Lincoln ls in July. I have 20 grand (that is saved myself :Beer no rich parents here) anyway I really want a 03 or 04 because I love the visual diffence...I am hoping to find an 03 or 04 with no more than 40k miles for 22 grand (which is the 20,000 i saved + i am hoping to talk the dealer down 2000 because I have straight cash) my question to all of you is how much did you pay for your ls's with how many miles and what year. Also do you think i can get a 03 or 04 for 22 grand and do you think a dealer would take 2000 off because i have cash. Thanks in advance.
I'm 23 and I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 Fully equiped and got it for $10,000 in January of this year with 85,000 miles on it. planning on giving it more looks. Hope this information is helpful for your future 2002-2004 Lincoln LS purchase. I would have wanted a 2001-2002-2003 but prices were around the 20's so I'm waiting on that I only had 10k at that time to spent that is what all the 2000 Lincoln LS are running here in deep south TX fully equipped or not. :L

JaredLS said:
i bought my 02 w/ 20K miles for about 21K during the summer(black on black)...same boat as u all my money . Best bet go to a dealer auction...as far as cash goes i guess it can help.
Anyways I would seriously consider getting an 02. save urself some cash and with money to spare improve it to a 03+ performance and appearance.

The dealer auctions are the best; you can get cars for really cheap there.

I have an 03 V8 fully loaded with navigation and everything. I am the original owner, car sat on dealer lot after they went out of business. Price was $28,000 but it was brand new, stickers and everything. Sticker price was $48,000.

My wife bought an 02 LS V8 with sport package and only 16000 miles on it last Feb. Paid 22500....It's in excellent shape. Looks like the back seat was never sat in...I didn't know anything about the LS when she bought it and now I can't drive it enough!!!!!

Black03 said:
I have an 03 V8 fully loaded with navigation and everything. I am the original owner, car sat on dealer lot after they went out of business. Price was $28,000 but it was brand new, stickers and everything.

Thats a NICE price actually i seen a new 05 base ls in my local paper for 24,000 i was very excited but i didnt know where on gods green earth i was going to get the extra 4k plus by the time july rolls around that deal will be longgg gone.... as for the auction i do not know much about them but i know a dealer who will hook me up but the problem is he goes to the garbage auctions where just about every car has a big problem with it.

stateproperty3423 said:

look at the trade in value and use that plus 100 to 2000 as the delaers must have price. You gotta be hoest when pricing the condition though... dont grade it fair when you know it is excellent.

Be ready to walk away from the deal and remember that mind set is this... It isn't how much you give rather it is how many times you give. Sh they are think well if I they stick to their guns and only several small preductions in price you will eventually cave under emotional duress of loosing the car and you will pay the sticker. You need to shift the duress on them... make them fear the loss of the sale.

These cars are poping up every where so take your time and don't let them talk you into financing the car. They get points on the loan.

eL eS said:
look at the trade in value and use that plus 100 to 2000 as the delaers must have price. You gotta be hoest when pricing the condition though... dont grade it fair when you know it is excellent.

Be ready to walk away from the deal and remember that mind set is this... It isn't how much you give rather it is how many times you give. Sh they are think well if I they stick to their guns and only several small preductions in price you will eventually cave under emotional duress of loosing the car and you will pay the sticker. You need to shift the duress on them... make them fear the loss of the sale.

These cars are poping up every where so take your time and don't let them talk you into financing the car. They get points on the loan.

look at the trade in value and use that plus 100 to 2000 as the delaers must have price. <--- i dont get what you meant 100 to 2000???

By the way i meant to say this forum is great all the other forums i use people are slow to respond and boring this one all you do is refresh the page and you got replies i love it :invasion:

stateproperty3423 said:
look at the trade in value and use that plus 100 to 2000 as the delaers must have price. <--- i dont get what you meant 100 to 2000???

By the way i meant to say this forum is great all the other forums i use people are slow to respond and boring this one all you do is refresh the page and you got replies i love it :invasion:

Yea...it's an addicting forum.

I do the same thing El Es mentioned. Check the trade-in value of the car via kbb or NADA and work that price on up with the dealer. You know they gave trade-in or less to get the car from the previous owner. The Lincoln dealers here were asking $16000+ for 2000 models when I was looking a few months ago and the trade-in at the time was about 11-13, so they were looking to make a few thousand profit.

Black03 said:
I have an 03 V8 fully loaded with navigation and everything. I am the original owner, car sat on dealer lot after they went out of business. Price was $28,000 but it was brand new, stickers and everything. Sticker price was $48,000.
Holy hell where did you buy it? Amazing deal.

I got it at Fiesta, they found it at some dealership in NM and brought it back here. They had a price of $33,995 or something, got it down to $28k before my trade.

bought a 2000 LS v6 in 2003. 28,000 miles on it.
Paid $18,500. ($21,000 after taxes & b.s.)

It was stickered $23,000, being the conartist that i am, i was able to talk the price down. i just said "this is ALL i have to spend, i will have to go to another dealership, cuz this car is a few bucks out of my price range."
and being a young lady talking to a young male salesman helped too! :L

oh after he agreed to my price, i said oh, this one doesnt have a sunroof, it has everything else i want, but no sunroof. do you have another one w/sunroof for the same price? he said no, so i was starting to thank him for his time & walk away & he said, we can have one installed for only $1,000. i said "cant do it, i told you what i could spend, and that wont work. so he said, okay $500. i said "still cant do it, this is all i have" so he basically ended up putting it in for FREE!! :N

i'm good. :Beer

Damn.
all of you got a good price.
I have 02 LSE.
got mine for 38K, sticker price was 44K.
I still have 18K left to pay. Im thinking about just paying all off.
I wish I got mine for what some of you have paid...
Damn. I suck...

stateproperty3423 said:

basically look up the trade in value at kbb.com and add 1k to 2k dollars to that and you will have the absolute must have price from the dealer. If you stick to your guns you can get the LS at that price else you will pay the super inflated price as marked.

They tend to make about 5 to 6 k on this car used... don't be buy in to this car at the asking rate. If you can get 3 to 4 k off the sticker I say fly with it. This is a strong car with an even stronger commuinity of owners so you will be spending your money wisely.

However, be ready to take care of the car and to pay at the pump FREQUENTLY.

I bought my 2004 LS V8 with only 14,000 miles on it for $25,886 at Pasadena Ford, only one they had. I bought it exactly 2 weeks ago. Almost like new condition with factory warranty still in effect.

If you do a Autotrader or Edmunds search of used cars in your area you will find what you are looking for. I found my LS this way. At first I went to the local dealers and stumbled on a 2002 black LS with 50,000 miles for $28,000. Then I found a white 2003 with 30,000 miles at $25900. I did a search and found 2002-2004 LS's within 100 miles between the high teens and low 30s in price with mileage all over the place.

BTW the 2003 and 2004 have noticably improved acceleration, so if you can pop for it, they would be more fun. Also the 2004 seems to have slightly better drive leg room.

My LS had the lowest miles for that year and the best price between 2003 and 4 models in my area so I bought it. I lucked out that the car was set for auction since they had not had a lot of traffic on that car at their dealership. Or that's what the dealer told me. Still with the miles and year and price I figure I did pretty well.

Do a web search on Edmunds which redirects to Autotrader. You will be surprised at what you may find. It may take a couple weeks and you should check daily since I noticed during my searches that the inventory changed almost daily with new deals popping up periodically.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

stateproperty3423 said:

How about an 01 for 14,500 with 50000 miles, its white. pm me, I'm in Mass too.

Another idea to is the price the dealer has is high because of peoples trade in.. I am willing to guess if you don't trade in a car and give em cash i am willing to bet they will easily drop it 2000... cause they lose money taking trade with cleaning them out adn trying to get the engine to work until the person who buys it 6 months later drives it for a month and has to rebuild the engine..lol.. But give it a try.. We have bought geezz.. probably 15 cars or trucks really in the past year and a half for the ranch and we just offer them cash with no trade in and we have can usually get wholesale price, we have even got to the point on a motorcycle where the deal lost 500 bucks on the deal..lol.. man that makes me feel good everytime i think about it..

Actually, dealers will typically buy these cars at auction for about $1000 less than kbb trade-in price. I was at an autobrokers and they actually showed me a different kbb used by dealers to get the price they REALLY pay. Most at $1000 under kbb trade. I don't think I'd ever pay $2000 above trade-in value. Just my $0.02

Just bought mine about 2 wks ago 2000 ls its the v6 but i paid 11995 for it with about 35k miles, wish i would of gotten the v8.. But i am still loving it!!!! :dancefool there are a couple at the lincoln mercury dealership around my house great price they have a 03' for 18995 with 22k miles its a reddish color with the tan interior, too bad it didnt have the black interior, would have gotten it...

Just bought my 2003 Premium Sport LS V8 6 weeks ago I paid $26,000 they where asking $31,000 it had 15,250 miles on her. I used autotrader to find mine but I also used yahoo auto finder and a couple of theres while I was searching. Good Luck.

I got a 03 with 48000km for 13200, I talked the dealership down from 15600 with no cash, just strieght bull:q:q:q:q LOL

Members online

Back