LS Vinyl Wrap Project

I tested out some pieces on the hood, and it is going to not meet my standards. So I am getting a new hood. I think I found one for a good price, just waiting on the seller to respond. Funny how I find a hood easily when I don't need one ASAP, but last year I was desperate.

Oh and I wrapped the LSE today, and threw it back on for comparison.

lse1.jpg

lse2.jpg

So if anybody wants a full fiberglass gen2 hood to experiment with, I have one... lol

You know what, this thing is going to be NICE! That flat black against that chrome is already looking like the business.

I think once this is all done a lot of people will fall in line to wrap their LS.. /raisehand

Okay pretty sure I got a new hood on the way, perhaps even a new fender. Ironically, the hood is the OEM black... which is cool if I ever take off the vinyl in the future.

mlara, probably going to be doing bumpers late next week, I am removing them from the car so it has to be at a time I will be able to wrap them both and not have to drive to work. This is finals week, so after this the wrapping is going to really accelerate.

It looks like the hood will be last to be wrapped since it has to be shipped to me.

Thanks trife, I hope it looks good, this vinyl stuff is a lot of patience spent!

Soopa, I think there is already another member who is tackling this job as a result of me starting mine, but yea I can definitely see this catching on more. Especially if it looks good.

How can you afford all this?

I know you dont have a car payment but damn....cant wait to see the end result!

How can you afford all this?

I know you dont have a car payment but damn....cant wait to see the end result!

Vinyl itself is reasonably cheap. Wraps are considered expensive because not many people do them non-professionally.

I would be willing to wrap cars in the future, yes. I actually enjoy wrapping everything thus far. Finding the time is really the only issue. You guys should come to the national meet to see it in person!

I think there is already another member who is tackling this job as a result of me starting mine, but yea I can definitely see this catching on more. Especially if it looks good.

Yeah I will be starting mine soon. You have inspired me to finally start on mine! :D its been sitting in my garage for months and I finally got the motivation to start! my only problem is my door jams cause my car is autumn red. So I don't no what I'm going to do about that yet. Might just have to spray them but I don't really want to mess with the cars original color.

I would try to my best to wrap into the door jams, but it is hard as hell I have heard. I'm lucky to be wrapping black so I can do a clean cut and leave them black.

I got a new hood and fender today. Great deal. $675 shipped! And the hood is OEM black.

I would try to my best to wrap into the door jams, but it is hard as hell I have heard. I'm lucky to be wrapping black so I can do a clean cut and leave them black.

I got a new hood and fender today. Great deal. $675 shipped! And the hood is OEM black.

good stuff. From a dealer? or C-list?

Found a guy on ebay. He has a lot of LS parts.

He even has an OEM HID (driver's side) light for $250.

Doing some work tonight, got the trunk wrapped, still need to do the surround.

I was doing it in the garage with limited light, and I scratched the vinyl in one spot, not happy about that, but perhaps I can do something to blend it better later.

traunk3.jpg

trunk1b.jpg

trunk2.jpg

Soo sick!!!

dude that looks so sick!!!! i cannot wait! i will be starting mine after christmas! i wish we lived closer to eachother that would be a amazing photo opp.

Drizz,, you mentioned a scratch,, do you think this is goin to be showing scratches easily? I'm likeing the look but I can see where this could look bad with scuff marks and scratches. I'm guessing there is no matching if you find damage,, a complete redo on a panel,, Does this film have UV protection? cause that would be disapointing if you had to replace a section and it no longer matched.

DAMN! I was a doubter before, but the trunk looks so damn good. It will look like a straight mafia car!

Drizz,, you mentioned a scratch,, do you think this is goin to be showing scratches easily? I'm likeing the look but I can see where this could look bad with scuff marks and scratches. I'm guessing there is no matching if you find damage,, a complete redo on a panel,, Does this film have UV protection? cause that would be disapointing if you had to replace a section and it no longer matched.

I don't know about how easily scratches will show, I haven't seen the trunk in the daylight yet, but you have to be looking for the scratches I put in it right now. I think there is something to do with babyoil or some type of oil that reconditions the vinyl and gets rid of surface scratches, I read something once, but would have to find it again.

The vinyl life says 10 years. So I guess we'll see how it lasts. The car will be garaged starting in the spring. So I am sure with how OCD I am in addition to a garage I can make the vinyl last.

Alright, just ate a snack. Time to do some more work. More pics later tonight!

Wow... that looks ill
Keep up the good work! Patients! :cool:

Edit: if you get some time shoot a video of how easy/hard it is applying the 970ra, just wanted to compare it to some of the 3m/hexis stuff

the best of it is that your car is already black so if it get scratched or you miss a spot it wont be noticeable

no it wont, unless you rip off a piece of the vinyl. what i meant is that my car is like ivory pearl, so if i do that and scratch mine it will be REAL noticeable.

Yea, I was speaking of light scratching,, I know that my car got scuffed by my son taking out the trash the other day and leaving a scuff down the driver side of my car... After a quick class on swirl removal and reappling wax I hope he will take more care when he does his chores..

Anyway I know with clear coat you can buff to remove light stuff but I didn't know if the vinyl would have similar care if scuffed..

It does look good,, Like Krak said,, really cool mafia look...

I may save this for when the paint starts to go south. looks cheap enough

Members online

Back