Lug Nut Heads Up

Use the Sebring nuts, they look great, and are solid.
You will need to add the proper socket, or wrench in your trunk though, as they are different from stock.

Exactly. I have the deep well socket on a breaker bar in the trunk. Except for the one time I actually needed it when I got a flat like 60 miles from home. I had left the jack and the wrench in my garage. Go figure.

Exactly. I have the deep well socket on a breaker bar in the trunk. Except for the one time I actually needed it when I got a flat like 60 miles from home. I had left the jack and the wrench in my garage. Go figure.

...must be because we are cabinet guys...or something...:)

I dont see why buying a lug wrench to fit better nuts is a problem. 20 bucks,shouldn't be too expensive right, for a new lug wrench that can save you a big headache by having solids nuts is a good investment. I'll robably have to order a set of those sebrings nuts you guys are talking about for my future wheels

Ok got back from a trip Wed and had a flat at the airport. Tried to remove and put the spare on .. NO GO! Luckily I had a can of fix a flat to get me home. Upon looking more closely (better light) I was able to see how the lugs were slightly rounded out and not true on the edges. I’m the 2nd owner and the tires have about 10k on them. Car overall has only 61k for a 2002. The previous/original owner was pretty good about rotating the tires every 5k at the local tire shop. Ok so, actual 19 mm would not fit so, I used a ¾ impact socket hammered it on and off they came! Dropped off the tire to get patched the next morning and proceeded to surf the web for some Ford/Lincoln replacements for all four wheels. Found on line a Ford/Lincoln dealer who was asking $3.62 each plus shipping. So, I contacted my local Ford/Lincoln dealer who said $6.85 each. Told him about the other dealer’s price and he said ok.. no problem. Next day I had all 20 for $3.62 each plus tax with NO shipping! Yesterday I got all of the remaining 14 off with the ¾ socket due to being slightly rounded off but, naturally lol the last one #15 had to be stubborn! A couple of well positioned strikes with a chisel and off came the chrome cover and next the nut with a 18mm socket. So, all 20 have been replaced and installed with the 19mm socket and the socket will remain with the car for all tire rotations etc.. Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.
Back