mark viii dual alternatord

Thats beefy dude. here is a picture of what im running. they dont look near as beefy as the one you had but with modern technology and a retail price of 200 dollars each i bet they would give it a run for the money

vvx_12_side.jpg

vvx_12_magnet.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWLIDZb2LQ&hd=1

ThreadHijack-DeNiro.jpg

the OP hasn't been back to respond. :rolleyes:

but anyway, don't care how big the sub (or subs) is, how big is the amp? how much power will he push? that's the real question.

Haha. Nice. I have a single 12" in a box in my 97. I was only concerned about the blower but eh, what the heck. I don't mind a little thump especially for my dubstep music. I'm half-tempted to try a different 12 in a slot-port box and see what it sounds like. I ran a sealed box once, but after I went ported, the spl got crazy. Then, I stumbled upon the specs for a slot-port design box and it was by far the cleanest and loudest box design for my setup. The only bad thing about it was it was a space hog. IIRC, it was about 6 cu. feet vented but holy cow did those subs bang. I had no space left in the trunk of the Cutlass Ciera for anything. I ended up just removing the back seat entirely and having a straight path to the trunk since bass was pretty much my only priority. I lined the entire trunk with ice/water seal matting as a cheaper alternative to dynomat and it didn't do a damn thing for rattle. The car was just a tin can and not meant for bass. LOL.

I just threw in my one lil 13.5" JL in a sealed box with the JL 1000 amp.

I blame it for my inability to get into the 14's in the Quarter last time I was at Englishtown :(

I blame it for my inability to get into the 14's in the Quarter last time I was at Englishtown :(

^That's the kind of sub I was referring to. You could easily run 6000 watts to 6 of those. A quality sub will take lots of power and sound better and better the more you feed it. JLs are awesome subs.

^That's the kind of sub I was referring to. You could easily run 6000 watts to 6 of those. A quality sub will take lots of power and sound better and better the more you feed it. JLs are awesome subs.

I'm running 1000 but am starving it. Need 2000 to 3000 but also need tires now. Being laid off means I'm stuck with nothing :mad:

13w7-powerchart.png

This is what JL recommends for that sub, but in my experience, you should have an amp with double the power of the driver you're pushing for ample headroom, ie I would drive the 13w7 with a 3000 watt amp.

13w7-powerchart.png

This is what JL recommends for that sub, but in my experience, you should have an amp with double the power of the driver you're pushing for ample headroom, ie I would drive the 13w7 with a 3000 watt amp.

True but trying to find a amp with that kind of output at that impedance for a decent price ain't easy. I have 2 of these amps but the amperage draw they would put on my Alt keeps me from using them right now.

True but trying to find a amp with that kind of output at that impedance for a decent price ain't easy. I have 2 of these amps but the amperage draw they would put on my Alt keeps me from using them right now.

those orian amps are awesome. there is an old orion 2500d that i was trying to scoop for years but finally gave up because even today the price for it averages 600 and up

011we4.jpg

The W7 is no joke! I've got one 12W7 in a slot-vent box in my 98 now, with a JL1000/1 amp pushing it.

My first Mark VIII (back in 2002/2003) had 2 12w7's in a sealed box, with a JL1000/1 pushing each of them. I also had a 3 farad cap and an extra Optima yellow top battery. No dimming at all...

Sir,
Powermaster makes a kit for your dual alternator application for the Dohc engine. Part # is a 8-751 for the cop cars. May also fit your application. Just a lead for you.

JL 12w7 here too! Love that sub so much, a bit on the expensive side but I love mine! Have a DLS A6 pushing it. Abit on the low side with watts for the sub but on the other hand the SQ capability on that sub with the DLS amp is amazing! And its still pretty loud :D

6 15''

Tank you every one for the info...with the holidays i been busy with the family..
HERE IS THE LAY DOWN: Back seat out n cut threw the trunk. Two boxes that are put together in side the car. Box will be running 6 15'' acendant audio. 2 Workhorse kicker amp. 2 900x4 kicker amps for mids n highs. I got a 230 amp db alternator running with 3 yellow top batt n 2 capacitors. 2 1200.1 and 2 850.4 kicker amps. M in the process of finishing the box wiring n so on. Keep in mind all the neon lights n monitors on doors,head rest, visors n a 32'' monitor on the trunk. I need power to run all this.. REMEMBER, TO DO THIS TAKES TIME N MONEY, SO PLEASE BE patience :)

Ps: can some one tell me how to post pictures from my gallery?

Icant post pictures. I been able to put some pic in my profile (album). Sheck out the box so far.

Last edited:
Icant post pictures. I been able to put some pic in my profile (album). Sheck out the box so far.

[url]http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/[/URL]

Upload, create different albums for different things and you will never lose the pictures. Always go to the bottom link when you want to post a picture. Just click on it and it's copied for you. Come here and paste. That simple.

Members online

No members online now.
Back