mark viii dual alternatord

Subsonic Filter 10Hz-50Hz @ 24dB/Oct

thats not bad for an amp. most cut about 18-20 the fact that it doesnt cut till 10 is beast. to bad you can only feel that.

You are doing a couple of things wrong. First the "http://" should only be there once. Delete that first "http://" after you paste the link. Second you have managed to post a truncated link with .... where some info should be.

Here is a link to your album:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/album.php?albumid=238

A link to one of the pics:

album.php

Which does not work ... WTF

A link to one of mine:

car-off-cliff.jpg

Which does work. I guess LVC blocks it's own photos ... Huh?

Oh yeah a lost and lonely 10" JL sub:

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/ele/3401612598.html

:eek: Sbcaprise tanks for posting the pic. In the center of the box would be a logo -bio hazard- and two sets 6 1/2. Also on the side windows there will be 7'' monitor facing out as 2 facing out of the back window also.it will get there soon. I will put a pic of the center piece so far in my album. May be u can post it for me. :D

Imag0043..... I have tried to post pic...n cant.. I can only down load them to my album.. I have pic's with the center piece. Lambo doors here they come..lol soon..

Last edited:
Imag0043..... I have tried to post pic...n cant.. I can only down load them to my album.. I have pic's with the center piece. Lambo doors here they come..lol soon..

Please register yourself here. [url]http://photobucket.com/[/URL]

Upload to that site but think ahead and make up a few different albums and name them. Like for instance, "Photos for LVC", "Family Pics", etc... You can't go wrong. When the picture is uploaded, you can then choose a link to post for LVC and that link would be the one on the bottom and they give you a selection of 4. You want the one that starts with
. Just copy and paste that link here and the picture will show when you click "Submit Reply"

You know, when you face the monitors out the window, you can't see them from inside the car, right?

Kinda defeats the purpose to me...

98linc.. Yep..remember i dont got a back seat. The car is getting built for show n hope to get a trophy on spl lol...

Tripingout: have u seen the pictures jet? If so what u
think so far..

Again: 6, 15'' acendant audios
Warhorse kicker amps
When m done with it.

Last edited:
Not knocking any1 who likes to have a simgle cab style car but building a wall in a car aint my thing. I have been doing my own custom audio installs for over 10 yrs and have won my share of trophies. But in my mark im just going simple but window shattering effects. U can have half the setup others make such a big deal about and still be out of half the $$$, time, weight, and still fully functional backseats and trunk. Now with the newer db calculator compared to the 90s and early 2000s. Its more of direct force instead of force by pressure. I have made my old 2000 single cab dodge completely flex with just 2 12s in a standard truck box. But loved those 168dbs i was hitting too. Now with that same setup it would be around 115 or 120dbs. Big difference and i guess thats the purpose behind quantity instead of practicality

Srry for babbling but i would just get the alt rebuilt and modified to run higher and put better batteries in it either inside or under the encloser. Sealed is good but remember ur amps must breath otherwise they and ur car can burn up. Seen a many catch fire do to overheating issues and shorting.

A question. I intend to replace all my stock speakers, I have a pair of JL Audio C5-570 Evolution C5 component 2 ways in the mail for the front. I am looking at some slightly cheaper JL speakers for the back as well.

I am probably going to add some bottom but it's purely for the music. A sealed 10W7 is most likely. I don't care if anyone ever sees the sub and I plan to point the driver at the back seat.

I expect better sound than the trunk pointing setup but I am no expert in this area.

Opinions?

Miks: i agree with u. I don't like the wall set up's. If u see my pictures on previous page u see how clean the box is turning out. As far practicality goes, this is not my only car. This car it will be for shows. 2seater, my son n i. The rest can ride in the escalade :) ..

Pengon: in my lincoln ls i have 2 15'' subs in the floor. I replace the tire with my box. As far as sound goes, it's bad ass. If u build it on the floor u will have all the truck space. At the end is going to be a matter of preference . Personally i would built the floor set up.

A question. I intend to replace all my stock speakers, I have a pair of JL Audio C5-570 Evolution C5 component 2 ways in the mail for the front. I am looking at some slightly cheaper JL speakers for the back as well.

I am probably going to add some bottom but it's purely for the music. A sealed 10W7 is most likely. I don't care if anyone ever sees the sub and I plan to point the driver at the back seat.

I expect better sound than the trunk pointing setup but I am no expert in this area.

Opinions?
This is stuff I like to see in discussions. As far as having the speaker pointed at the back seat you will wind up having some issues. The deeper you want the bass to to be and sound, the farther you want the speaker away from you. Thats the reason I had my 13W7 facing backwards in my trunk. Get the longest bass wave that way, plus the least standing waves.

When you face speakers forwards you get cancellations pretty bad sometimes. I was the box builder in a Shop in North Brunswick for about 4 years and played with speaker and port placement the entire time.

All I can tell ya is watch out for what is after the speaker cause sound waves will go back and then bounce forward canceling bass. You can and will get holes in your music that you will not be able to fix :(

This is stuff I like to see in discussions. As far as having the speaker pointed at the back seat you will wind up having some issues. The deeper you want the bass to to be and sound, the farther you want the speaker away from you. Thats the reason I had my 13W7 facing backwards in my trunk. Get the longest bass wave that way, plus the least standing waves.

When you face speakers forwards you get cancellations pretty bad sometimes. I was the box builder in a Shop in North Brunswick for about 4 years and played with speaker and port placement the entire time.

All I can tell ya is watch out for what is after the speaker cause sound waves will go back and then bounce forward canceling bass. You can and will get holes in your music that you will not be able to fix :(

I can see I will have to experiment. Most of the audio gurus say pointed at the back of the car as the wave interference cancellation is less that way.

I just want the bottom and to unload the mid range woofers a bit. I want fairly accurate sound and don't need a heavy base emphasis. I have a lot of music with very low notes and i would like to hear that properly done.

Members online

Back