Mind f*ck!

You cant blame your ignorance on the car.

Any car you purchase can be a lemon also.

You can always just buy a 2006 also.

Price range I'm hitting for a newer car is 20-40k. What I've been suggested to do is get a car coming off it's lease and buy it for it's depreciated worth,

I've viewed Autotrader and at times I've seen cars for hella cheap. Like a Fully loaded Mustang GT 2011 for 24k with 2319 miles. 2009 Nissan 370z GT for 22k 5kmiles. Jag XK and XKRs that are 2009+ with the 5.0L Engine for 30k vs the 90-110k MSRP new

My buddy works at a 3rd party car dealer and says ANY car in the US on autotrader he can get me for THAT PRICE that is listed, as they buy autotrader cars and sell em a lot. Reason being is WA sells cars for TOOOOOOOOOOO high

A brand new Lincoln MKZ here is 50k+, a 2009 Nissan 370z (base model) for 40k! :O Mustang GT 2011 for 40-50k!

like seriously if I try searching autotrader I HAVE TO put in "Any Distance" or else I get crap prices for cars in WA

Mod shops here are overpriced and complete sh*t. My mods consist of

Custom Exhaust $1k
HD Wheels/Tires $1500
Intake $80
Tint $250
Kenwood Indash system $1500
Focal Front/Rear Components w/ JL Audio Subs/ Kenwood digital Amp $3000 (was an idiot and used my BECU card to pay for it, then lost my job 6mo later back in 2010)
Eibach Springs $1000 (Found out the shop had me pay full price 'didn't order from LSK' cause they ordered it at full MSRP)
SS Brake Lines and Drilled/Slotted Rotors $700
Autosocks (lol) $90

NOW TOSS IN $100 per hour for ALL LABOR

Plus I had to pay 9k for a new engine after only 1 mo of ownership cause I was a fool and didn't carfax the car when I bought it...apparently the previous owner f*d up the LS.......another reason why I would like to get into NEW car after doing proper research.

As for Jags being unreliable. JD Powers says that the new Jags are very reliable, just depreciate like a MOFO

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/dependability-ratings-by-brand/

Jag got 3 5-star ratings for 2011

Man I have great some GREAT ocean front property in Arizona that I've been trying to sell. It's absolutely amazing, I can just never find time to make it out there. I'll sell it to you for a steal.

You cant blame your ignorance on the car.

Any car you purchase can be a lemon also.

You can always just buy a 2006 also.

Indeed I was ignorant, because of the severity of my ADHD I'm an impulse buyer, and was greatly influenced by you guys on buying cool stuff or was hyped about by my local shops.......basically my disability was taken advantage of.

That's why I'm trying to think about this NOW instead of last minute and prep myself.......cause even buying the LS was FORCED per se, cause it was the only car I liked at the Bill Piere dealership that was used......and my father (whom was my car ride) pressed and pressed profusely about getting a car the same day my original Ford Taurus blew up......like I didn't get to research the LS's VCG/Coil Issues, or the poop MPG it has with the V*, or the limited aftermarket, but it was silver, I liked the drive, and had some fun option.......

Man I have great some GREAT ocean front property in Arizona that I've been trying to sell. It's absolutely amazing, I can just never find time to make it out there. I'll sell it to you for a steal.

I might be staying in WA but we will see. I've been talking with my brothers about us opening our own Brewing company. I've created 4 great flavors out of the the original that we have made at home over the years and it tastes great...especially if adding red bull......so we will see what happens cause WA is booming in the alcohol business

8K in aftermarket??

I dont think you have as many mods as andrizzle and I'm sure he spent way less than that.

Maybe he's spent more as well, things add up fast.

Ive done system, tint, intake, exhaust, tires and front and rear bumper repaint and 3K cash down payment and still haven't hit 8K out of my pocket.

You haven't owned the ls very long

I dont think he means aftermarket only, I think it's more of aftermarket and maintenance.

Unless the car was repainted, in an accident (or both), I call BS. I'd like to see the breakdown of where that 8k went.

:bsflag:

You guys want to see my list. I did spend most of my money on my ls, so my list grew long, fast. This is the excel sheet of my mods, maintenance, and just money I'd put into an ls whether the mod is on or not, it's just money spent on the ls.I do have things like 3 exhaust muffles,which most only get one set up, so things will add up on mine fast.

Borla Mufflers 540
Flowmaster Muffs 420
Livewire tune 600
K&N CAI 300
Tint 160
#2 tint 60
Falken 912 640
Monroe Shocks 720
New PCM 200
8 Coils 300
Spark plugs 15
Ipod interface 130
Video Interface 300
Nokya Cosmic 30
Nokya Artic 30
CDC grill 300
Mclaren grill 175
Led conversion 100
Cosmic white fogs 30
Real Carbon Plate 40
Painted fog surround 30
Upgrade to stock hids 500
Gen 1 rims 125
energy sway bar bushing 29
Fog projectors 250
Drill/slotted rotors 400
Magnaflow X-pipe 85
Magnaflow mufflers 130
4'' magnaflow tips 120
Angel eyes kit 200
#3 tint 30
Windshield tint 100
LSE Bumper kit 700
Eibach lowering springs 200
Motorcraft shocks 300
LSE Rear Wing 300
Extra calipers 80
Powder coat calipers 620
Kinetic Battery 270
Paint Mc grille 110
Paint cdc grille 110
Paint replica cdc 110
Paint rear surround 110
XC90 rims 700
Mag exhaust install 180
Dyno runs 125
ddm low beam 5k bulbs 40
Turbo Gauges 280
A pillar pod 40
Paint rear and side skirts 70
Bassani mufflers 350
Bassani's installation 80
Lse tails 300
Viper Alarm 560
cdc mesh onyx chrome 150
valentine one 150
valentine stealth unit 40
Sebring Lug nuts 60
PAM 130
Linear actuators 160
245/35/19 tires 900
hub rings 100
LSE side skirt 200
CDC mesh roll 25ft 250

total, about 14k. :shifty::(:eek: , but I dont regret it, I love my car, love how it's transformed to what it is now.

A lot of this stuff isn't even on the car anymore. I did sell some of the stuff I replaced like all 3 mufflers until bassanis, halogen headlights, grilles, chrome gen2 17's, and pieces of mesh, but I have still put that much money into my ls. That is why I'm keeping my ls for a LONG time. No way am I dropping that much money to just sell for nothing.

This also doesn't include all the detailing stuff I have bought including the porter cable, which it probably should. It also doesn't include the turbo. I still have a few things left on my list, like fixing the tranny 600 more bucks, lsd, prob 600.

MAybe he's spent more as well, things add up fast.

I dont think he means aftermarket only, I think it's more of aftermarket and maintenance.

You guys want to see my list. I did spend most of my money on my ls, so my list grew long, fast. This is the excel sheet of my mods, maintenace, and just money I'd put into an ls whetjer the mod is on or not, it's just money spent on the ls.I do have things like 3 exhaust muffles, so things will add up on mine fast.

Borla Mufflers 540
Flowsmarter Muffs 420
Livewire tune 600
K&N CAI 300
Tint 160
#2 tint 60
Falken 912 640
Monoe Shocks 720
New PCM 200
8 Coils 300
Spark plugs 15
Ipod interface 130
Video Interface 300
Nokya Cosmic 30
Nokya Artic 30
CDC grill 300
Mclaren grill 175
Led conversion 100
Cosmic white fogs 30
Real Carbon Plate 40
Painted fog surrond 30
Upgrade to stock hids 500
Gen 1 rims 125
energy swaybar bushing 29
Fog projectors 250
Drill/slotted rotors 400
Magnaflow X-pipe 85
Magnaflow mufflers 130
4'' magnaflow tips 120
Angel eyes kit 200
#3 tint 30
Windshield tint 100
LSE Bumper kit 700
Eibach lowering springs 200
Motorcraft shocks 300
LSE Rear Wing 300
Extra calipers 80
Powder coat calipers 620
Kinetic Battery 270
Paint Mc grille 110
Paint cdc grille 110
Paint replica cdc 110
Paint rear surround 110
XC90 rims 700
Mag exhaust install 180
Dyno runs 125
ddm low beam 5k bulbs 40
Turbo Gauges 280
A pillar pod 40
Paint rear and side skirts 70
Bassani mufflers 350
Bassani's installation 80
Lse tails 300
Viper Alarm 560
cdc mesh onyx chrome 150
valentine one 150
valentine stealth unit 40
Sebring Lug nuts 60
PAM 130
Linear actuators 160
245/35/19 tires 900
hub rings 100
LSE side skirt 200
CDC mesh roll 25ft 250

total, about 14k. :shifty::(:eek: , but I dont regret it, I love my car, love how it's trasnformed to what it is now.

A lot of this stuff isn't even on the car anymore. I did sell some of the stuff I replaced like all 3 mufflers until bassanis, halogen headlights, grilles, chrome gen2 17's, and pieces of mesh, but I have still put that much money into my ls. That is why I'm keeping my ls for a LONG time. No way am I dropping that much money to just sell for nothing.

This also doesn't include all the detailing stuff I have bought including the porter cable, which it probably should. It also doesn't include the turbo. I still have a few things left on my list, like fixing the tranny 600 more bucks, lsd, prob 600.

lol I gave the list on last page

If you go with an audi it has to be an S. Unless it's the v8 a6, or the a8 is ok not being an S

yeah seems like a lot longer than its been.

Not even a year yet.

If you go with an audi it has to be an S. Unless it's the v8 a6, or the a8 is ok not being an S

Audi's have the best looking DRL's...those leds are damn bright and the car looks mean in my rearview.

yeah but the R8 is really a lambo.....not a regular audi by any means.

Well I read rating and JD Powers has that Audi (the new ones) have poor engine quality and many mechanical problems, wheras BMW is the opposite and has sh*t interior that fails to live up to "luxury" by breaking or eletronic errors popping up like christmas lights

Any luxury car is expensive to maintain.

I looked at turbo audis for a long time before the ls.

+1

I'm looking at audi s4 as my next car, as long as by the time I buy one, they dont look like alien cars.Some cars are looking too futuristic, they are trying too hard but are failing miserably

Any luxury car is expensive to maintain.

I looked at turbo audis for a long time before the ls.

Indeed which is why I might end up with a Fuel Efficient Luxury car like the Lexus, Caddy 3.6L Coupe CTS, or a 2.0T Audi,

or a performance car tha'ts not luxury like the Nissan 370z or Mustang GT......more likely the Mustang since it can fit more ppl....you'd be suprised how many ppl want me to pick them time to time

I will say though....EVERYONE whose been ion my Lincoln LS LOVES IT. It turns heads when I peel out, leaves a HUGE cloud of smoke from my tires.

Another thing to....why spend 20-40k on a newer car with newer problems when I can fix up the LS, get my tune/supercharger or turbo system.......I mean newer cars are faster yes...but they have newer engines whuich could have newer problems, my VCGs are sealed with a better sealant than back in 2000 so that's good...only problems now are traction in snow/winter....

Alex, I didn't really include maintenance or break/fix things either - just things that were upgrades or improvements. I had to spend $500 (deductible) for the $7300 repair bill when the LS was broke into and the NAV unit stolen and didn't feel that should make the list. The only reason I put the front bumper repaint on there was due to the fact that the car had some pretty nasty scratches (down to the primer) on it when I bought it - and the dealer would not respray it due to how low they went on the price.

I agree with you on the rationale for doing what you did and how long you're going to keep the car. I came to that conclusion as well. I'm in bed with this thing for AT LEAST 10 years (I drove my previous car for 11), so I truly wanted to make it to exactly the way I wanted it. I've never spent this much on modifying a vehicle before, and while the subtotal was a little shocking I can honestly say that I don't regret a single penny of it.

You know that you're doing the right thing when you look forward to going into work and leaving work - just so you can drive your car. Haven't had that feeling in a long time until I started modding the LS.

+1

I'm looking at audi s4 as my next car, as long as by the time I buy one, they dont look like alien cars.Some cars are looking too futuristic, they are trying too hard but are failing miserably

Indeed many cars look like Aliens but the fact that you can't tell a S type Audi to a base type Audi doesn't seem like fun.....

...cause i mean I wanna be able to walk out of my work, or neighborhood and spot my car from hellla far away.....like "you see that, tha'ts my girl!" lol

That's why i like Mustangs because there's so much you can do to make them special, and Jags are just plain special. Only jags I see are S-types and occassional XF, other than that I see BMWs, Audis, Mercs, VWs, Hondas, Toyotas, and Cryslers EVERYWHERE

Members online

No members online now.
Back