My Drilled + Slotted Upgrade by Brake Motive

im still waiting to hear back from Brake Motive regarding my set of pads.

Was going to try another set from Brake Motive before I by something else.

I replaced mine with akebonos last week and the noise is completely gone. Had the rotors brushed as well. However, i can't really comment yet because i've only put about 200 miles on them so far...and the pads from brakemotive took at least 1k miles before they started squealing.

Also, i called up brakemotive and they will be sending me new pads for my LS and Mountaineer. I have to pay "shipping" tho: $20

Just had the pads replaced on my car and rotors resurfaced from the rotor pros kit because I was having squeal and noise issues and my noise is gone as well. The posi quiet pads I had before did not include new hardware but I replaced them with duralast hold cmax which cake with new hardware and rubber shims.

Just got these in today and have begun work on painting my calipers and installing these. Snapped 2 lug nut studs so far though just taking the wheels off so this is going to be a long night...

Just got these in today and have begun work on painting my calipers and installing these. Snapped 2 lug nut studs so far though just taking the wheels off so this is going to be a long night...

dammm you must not remove your wheels often...

If you replaced the front hubs you have a source for studs :D I have 8 left........

Looks like Brake Motive stopped including the ceramic pads in their sets on ebay

dammm you must not remove your wheels often...
yeah first time since I've owned it actually which has been almost a year now.

If you replaced the front hubs you have a source for studs :D I have 8 left........

Just picked up a couple and replacement lugs at autozone a few minutes ago. Now the caliper bracket bolts are being a pain in the butt...

Just changed the brake pads to Akebonos with the Brake Motive rotors. My squealing has completely stopped, it seems that these pads are a perfect compliment to them.

Just picked up a couple and replacement lugs at autozone a few minutes ago. Now the caliper bracket bolts are being a pain in the butt...

My local Pep Boys, Auto Zone and O'Reilly's didn't even show a listing when I called a couple weeks ago.

Brake Motive rotors and pads are repackaged Powerstop rotors and pads. I have Powerstop on my LS. I did some research on Brake Motive. Found they sell repackage Powerstop rotors and pads. I ordered rotors and pads from Brake Motive on Ebay for my Trailblazer SS. When they arrived, I open the boxes. Found Powerstop install instructions and Powerstop ceramic pads. The rotors looked exactly like my LS rotors. I am 100% sure. They are Powerstop too. For the price, you can't go wrong. Just my $.02.:)

Brake Motive rotors and pads are repackaged Powerstop rotors and pads. I have Powerstop on my LS. I did some research on Brake Motive. Found they sell repackage Powerstop rotors and pads. I ordered rotors and pads from Brake Motive on Ebay for my Trailblazer SS. When they arrived, I open the boxes. Found Powerstop install instructions and Powerstop ceramic pads. The rotors looked exactly like my LS rotors. I am 100% sure. They are Powerstop too. For the price, you can't go wrong. Just my $.02.:)

link for ls pads... (not for the TBSS)

Well that's done:

jVms2iM05I71Z.jpg

Looks good.:cool: How do they feel? Did you go with the Brake Motive off Ebay? If so, they come with Powerstop instructions and pads?

link for ls pads... (not for the TBSS)

I know. What I was saying is Brake Motive is selling Powerstop pads as there own product. Just sharing my personal experience with Brake Motive.:rolleyes:

Looks good.:cool: How do they feel? Did you go with the Brake Motive off Ebay? If so, they come with Powerstop instructions and pads?

Yes, they were from ebay and definitely Powerstop pads. Haven't bedded them in yet but they feel very nice so far. Peddle travel is much better but still a little soft since I forgot to order SS lines.

EDIT: After driving with them for the day they have firmed up significantly. Stopping power is very good and the peddle feel is great. Very good purchase.

EDIT 2: Did a proper bed-in late last night.

Yes, they were from ebay and definitely Powerstop pads. Haven't bedded them in yet but they feel very nice so far. Peddle travel is much better but still a little soft since I forgot to order SS lines.

EDIT: After driving with them for the day they have firmed up significantly. Stopping power is very good and the peddle feel is great. Very good purchase.

EDIT 2: Did a proper bed-in late last night.

Glad to read they made such big improvemetn. :)

Do not buy!!!

Based on MY EXPERIENCE and my experience only, my recommendation would be "DO NOT BUY." I've had nothing but problems with this brake kit.

I bought the front brake "kit" only. Rotors and pads...

Squealing
After only 2k miles they started squealing terribly. Replaced the pads with a set of Akebono pads and that solved the squealing issue.

Now...

Cracks on both rotors
After only 5-6K miles, I found cracks on both rotors. I tend to drive my LS fast and do some occasional high speed braking, but I don't track it or do any type of driving that could even justify this. I haven't contacted Brakemotive yet and I'm sure i'll have no problem getting them replaced, but I don't want this garbage on my car anymore. Maybe I can negotiate some sort of refund. I don't know :mad:

Passenger's side
1FC1F32C-7740-4366-993E-CB1729883A1C-53669-0000155072AAEA2D.jpg

9EC53894-D361-4EDF-9E35-4A0A3CC2CFDC-53669-000015507023C1EF.jpg

Driver's side
CA8C1B65-5981-4EF9-8559-4B4C934F66E0-53669-0000155063EF1E69.jpg

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

mlara im having brake issues too with the rotorpros kit.

I changed pads and the squealing stopped and recently came back. Mine are also drilled/slotted. Im going back to blanks, rock auto has black painted center raybestos for $30 each.

mlara im having brake issues too with the rotorpros kit.

I changed pads and the squealing stopped and recently came back. Mine are also drilled/slotted. Im going back to blanks, rock auto has black painted center raybestos for $30 each.

dammm that sucks man. And I'm surprised to hear this from the rotorpros kit. I'm definitely considering going back to blanks, but I was thinking OEM.

Have you heard anything about the raybestos?

dammm that sucks man. And I'm surprised to hear this from the rotorpros kit. I'm definitely considering going back to blanks, but I was thinking OEM.

Have you heard anything about the raybestos?

raybestos is quality. Im not happy with the rotor pros kit in terms of the noise. Pretty sure i dont have a stuck caliper either.

Blanks is where it's at. I got the raybestos and they working great just fine. I run with my Duralast gold pads.

Paint the rotors before you put them on and they won't even rust (rusty rotors is a big turn-off on aftermarket wheels).

579993_10100670886480082_17128130_47891133_902312523_n.jpg

I am not happy with the Brakemotive kit either. I dont have cracked rotors but they squeak like crazy. I will be upgrading to 320mm blank rotors in front and factory size blanks in the rear this coming spring.

Drizz,
Yea my calipers were nice an gold, but the caliper pins were seized or w.e in there so we had to torch them out. Thats why they look sh1tty. I''ll redo them at some point.

By the way that color combo looks fantastic.

Black,
I'm not seeing the $30 raybestos. Well just for the rear. Fronts are $50ish plus shipping :(

No I wasn't talking about your calipers, the rotor's edges rust. The Raybestos will, too if you don't do something about it.

I hate rust so much, I ran the rotors and pads for a week, then removed them again and painted all the way up to the brake pad contact on the rotor's face. Zero rust!

Edit: When are the ASA's getting rubber?!

Members online

No members online now.
Back