My Lincolns MPG, how about yours?

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I have been taking different cars to college and thought maybe I should check what my gas mileage is for all my cars. This is hand calulated with %45 city and %55 highway driving at 70 MPH.

93 Lincoln Mark VIII (155k).....22.15 MPG..........The car said.....25.? MPG
97 Lincoln Mark VIII (99K)..........21.3 MPG............The car said.....20.8 MPG
02 Lincoln Town Car (95K).........22.0 MPG............The Car said......24.3 MPG

I haven't got the chance to drive the Continental but this is what I got last time.
95 Lincoln Continental (165K).....23.2 MPG............The car said......????

Looks like my Continental gives the best gas mileage and my 97 Mark VIII gives the most accurate reading. My Town Car and my Mark VIII are in need for a spark plug change, so that should get them a little higher. In a litttle while all my Lincolns will be in the 100K mile club:cool:

deplorable

.....12.5 mpg, after getting the air silencer out im up to 12.7! woohoo

27.1 mpg highway, according to trip computer. Not sure how accurate it is though, probably around 24 in reality. Still, very good for a big V8 car.

I get 23 to 25 and I would say thats 80% highway and 20% city

95 Mark VIII 119k... 50% city 50% highway = 17 MPG calculated by myself over several tanks of driving. I do NOT believe these ultra high numbers that people are claiming unless where you live is FLAT with no hills & you live in a very small town with very few traffic lights & even less traffic!

calculations done manually

16-17 city

26-28 highway 75mph on a flat run from pa to de 29.7,very little stopping

i havent checked since my o2 replacement

1800-2000 rpms is the sweet spot

14mpg for awhile did o2 sensors had 23mpg but now down to 17-19mpg but i have been heavy on the gas that is 30 percent highway and 70 percent city

I drive 60 miles a day. 30 miles each way to and from work, about 15 miles in traffic stop and go and the other 15 miles 70mph or so. The car is 1994 Mark VIII with 141k on it, computer reads anywhere from 24-26mpg the actual is almost dead on at 23-25mpg. I use Shell preium most the time, some times I fill up with regualr and use an additive I get from work to mix in and the mileage has not been any worse then the premium. One day i will change my fuel filter and see how much that helps.

Both of my Mark VIII's get great mileage. I only check my mileage on long expressway trips as I think there are too many variables in city driving.

My last trip to Houghton Michigan was 1,159 miles round trip. I took my green Mark (171k miles). My trip computer read 29 mpg. My pump calculations showed 28.65 mpg. Both methods can have errors. I've driven this car to Carlisle Pennsylvania 3 times (more hilly than Michigan) and got similar mileage.

The red Mark is a little better, but that might be because of the newer O2 sensors and the J mod trans. It has 193k miles on it. Both of my engines are bone stock and run perfect (the IACV on the green Mark is starting to act up a little though).

Here's a photo that I took after filling the gas tank when I got back from Houghton. This reading is hard to fake, because you need to get good fuel mileage for a while before it shows this high.

hou9.jpg

What I am surprized at is how my town car gives better gas mileage then my Mark VIII.

I get about 10-12mpg in the city, 18 on the highway at 70mph. 60lb injectors + 3500 converter and 4.10 gears all add up to no so great mileage, all things considered not too bad.

When I had my other 96 Mark I'd get 23-26 highway at 70mph.

up to 30% is how you drive, I get 44-48mpg in my 05 civic hybrid, most people cant get 40, you just gotta drive smarter, but its not as fun.

i got 25 through north western michigan hills. not to bad i think. by the way, does anyone know how to fix a door ajar sensor? My computer on my dash keeps reading door ajar when my doors are all closed. so the computer just always says that. My car is a 93' lincoln mk8

i got 25 through north western michigan hills. not to bad i think. by the way, does anyone know how to fix a door ajar sensor? My computer on my dash keeps reading door ajar when my doors are all closed. so the computer just always says that. My car is a 93' lincoln mk8

Spray your door latch mechanisms with a decent penetrating oil. Use the search and read through some old posts, these common issues are well documented.

spary some WD40

I get about 10-12mpg in the city, 18 on the highway at 70mph. 60lb injectors + 3500 converter and 4.10 gears all add up to no so great mileage, all things considered not too bad.

When I had my other 96 Mark I'd get 23-26 highway at 70mph.

up to 30% is how you drive, I get 44-48mpg in my 05 civic hybrid, most people cant get 40, you just gotta drive smarter, but its not as fun.

so you are the person that takes the open lane at a red light then does 2 mph when it goes green sory cant drive like that but my best avg. in my mark was 27.8 that also has 3 runs at the track normaly at 60% hwy
97 mark 18.5
95 town car 17.5
93 town car 18

21/30 for me but I dont do too much highway driving, and I only drive her to work and home. And the route that I take has the least amount of stops and I can drive up to 50mph. I drive her about 3/4 days a week so a full tank lasts almost 2 weeks.

trying to improve the 12-12.5 mpg im getting....(111K)

my air filter is clean and i dont have the silencer or resonator in
in the next month i'm going to change the oil & filter
spark plugs were changed a few months ago
changing the plug wires, that make much of a diff?
i have a new fuel filter, just need to install it
i'm sure the o2 sensors were never changed, any tech articles on this?

beyond the aforementioned, anything else (preferably not too serious) that i can do? like others i tend to romp it around town, but even when i drove a full tank down to empty (85% city) real conservatively i still averaged 12.5 on the trip calculator, around 12 hand calculations

any ideas welcomed

I get 16-18 in the city
And 26-28 on the highway

I did an experiment to see what the car's top limit could be. Drove 60-65, nice and easy, drafting behind trucks. Averaged 33mpg, according to computer. Absolutly stunned, but had to spend most of the time behind a truck, otherwise I could get 30mpg at 60mph.

Ive been considering some 3.73s, but given how nice it is on gas Im reluctant to make any changes. Car has 2.5 dual exhaust.

trying to improve the 12-12.5 mpg im getting....(111K)

my air filter is clean and i dont have the silencer or resonator in
in the next month i'm going to change the oil & filter
spark plugs were changed a few months ago
changing the plug wires, that make much of a diff?
i have a new fuel filter, just need to install it
i'm sure the o2 sensors were never changed, any tech articles on this?

beyond the aforementioned, anything else (preferably not too serious) that i can do? like others i tend to romp it around town, but even when i drove a full tank down to empty (85% city) real conservatively i still averaged 12.5 on the trip calculator, around 12 hand calculations

any ideas welcomed

Some easy things: proper air pressure in the tires helps a lot.

Also, I use 93 octane fuel with no ethanol. I've noticed that ethanol cuts my fuel mileage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back