My New Car

Morbid Intentions

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
just picked her up 2 days ago.... the snow is making a mess of her fast so mind the dust, but spring is just around the corner

I nailed it from a 40 roll today (automatic transmission: IRS makes for a sloppy launch with a clutch and detroit traffic) and the rear came out sideways and she was at 60 before I had a chance to straighten her out all the way lol

all in all a good car, if my old 2002 WS6 trans am and my 2004 mustang GT had a spoiled love child, this would be it... all the pluses of both cars and none of the drawbacks

I'll be getting you guys video's soon

GTO.gif

GTO4.gif

GTO2.gif

GTO3.gif

and to that children that think their continental's and bravada are NASA space shuttles with NAWWWWWS!!

1202685177320.gif

[/smartass humorous sarcasm]

Nice! Spice Red Metallic. 05?

They get up! Ex has an 04 Yellow, we had fun with that car. They tend to fall flat at over 110.

One word for you sir... Magnacharger!

I have always liked these, despite all the flak they received for being "dull" looking.

Nice! Spice Red Metallic. 05?

They get up! Ex has an 04 Yellow, we had fun with that car. They tend to fall flat at over 110.

One word for you sir... Magnacharger!

nope, I picked up an 06... and while the mangacharger is nice I will be going the HCI route with a hearty shot of gas on top of it

most cam only, bolt on LS2 A4 goats are hitting around 420 RWHP

so with a safe 100 shot on top of that I will be looking at around 500 to the wheels

not too bad IMO, at this point I want to daily drive it a while so just a few basic bolt on's here and there (LT's, catback, dyno tune, ported TB and intake, DR's, drag bags etc etc) I will be hoping for around 360RWHP and breaking WELL into the 12's and running 110+ traps with the said bolt on's (LT's alone are good for 20-30RWHP on an LSX motor so the RWHP goal shouldn't be too hard)

and the LSX motors shouldn't fall flat at 110MPH, by all means that should be where they excell lol

top end monsters these motors are... and people don't realize all 400 lbs of tq are available at around 4,000 RPMS... so it's a contender off the line as well... just make sure that IRS has a set of DR's and some bags invested into it and you are good :)

Correct me if I am wrong, don't these come in a 6.0 and a 6.7 L? Which one do you have?

You have done your homework good sir! Proud GTO owner you are!

But really they do fall flat.. it's kinda sad really. I have a friend that's building for 200+ mph and he's aerodynamically challenged.

Being your an A4, the stop light to stop light your going to kill! You should get some decent 60' times. 360rwhp is easily obtainable, but I have fingers crossed for your 12's... Low 13's guaranteed depending on your drag experience.

Took my 360whp srt4 to the track, (my first time ever to a track) and my best run was a 13.7.. poop. Should have easily hit low-mid 12's.. But I was easily f-ing with Kenne Bell Cobras and my first run was against an 06' Goat. I would pull on him hard then miss a shift, pull on him hard again, miss a shift, we were like .2 off for that run.. lol Fun day. He ended the day with a 13.7 too, and was completely stock..

Have fun with that thing, and be careful! Those things are dangerous in an auto format. One downshift at the wrong time your side ways! Also Traction control likes to take over when panic stopping at 120+ and causes you to bounce back and forth (dancing), and freaks me out. Duck traction control!

Correct me if I am wrong, don't these come in a 6.0 and a 6.7 L? Which one do you have?

the 04's has an LS1 5.7L OHV motor

the 05's and 06's were only offered in the LS2 trim.... 6.0L OHV motor

I have the 2006, last year they were offered

heres my engine, for future reference you can tell by looking at the throttle body what engine it is "LS2" is the 6.0L, "LS1" is the 5.7L

my engine is the same engine they put into the 05-07 base model corvettes

2330012096_6f39ca197d_o.jpg

But really they do fall flat.. it's kinda sad really. I have a friend that's building for 200+ mph and he's aerodynamically challenged.

I am coming over from SOHC/DOHC designs... and you know as well as I know the CFM rate on ANY OHC engine is not going to be even close to an LSX heavy hitter, so fall flat compared to what? a corvette? for sure

fall flat compared to a 2007 mustang GT? lol not so much

6.0L LS2 Rated 400hp/400tq flywheel. Publication posted quarter times are low 14's in stock form.

the LS2 GTO will do the quarter mile in low 13's stock form while trapping around 106-107MPH

there has been stock runs dipping 12's just like the CTS-V but I know for a fact I won't be that fortunate... I am estimating mid 13's at around 105MPH in stock form

I have extensive experience with the strip and am confident this car can run that

I am coming over from SOHC/DOHC designs... and you know as well as I know the CFM rate on ANY OHC engine is not going to be even close to an LSX heavy hitter, so fall flat compared to what? a corvette? for sure

fall flat compared to a 2007 mustang GT? lol not so much

Fall flat compared to everything. Almost got my ass handed to me by a GXP once. Embarrasing!! I think aerodynamically they are very challenged and just don't quite have the power, but for a typical street car they are very fast at all speeds no doubt. But a heads up race against a performance enthusiast your going to have some issues on the freeway runs. Heck you may not even notice it's lacking up top...

I did run a Chevy SSR in the Lincoln the other day, and it was good. Ran to 120 he did creep away from me as expected, but it was very slow... +1 Lincoln! (SSR has LS2, and also very poor aero) Hence why my peasy little Lincoln could give it a run..

Fall flat compared to everything. Almost got my ass handed to me by a GXP once. Embarrasing!! I think aerodynamically they are very challenged and just don't quite have the power, but for a typical street car they are very fast at all speeds no doubt. But a heads up race against a performance enthusiast your going to have some issues on the freeway runs. Heck you may not even notice it's lacking up top...

I did run a Chevy SSR in the Lincoln the other day, and it was good. Ran to 120 he did creep away from me as expected, but it was very slow... +1 Lincoln! (SSR has LS2, and also very poor aero) Hence why my peasy little Lincoln could give it a run..

if you almost lost to a GXP you need to remap your engine and make sure your cylinders are all firing :confused:

I beat a GXP at a light by two cars last summer.... I was expecting more out of it considering I ran him in my 2005 V8 lincoln LS

oh, nevermind... you have an LS1, you are comparing apples and oranges, the LS2 goat will stretch it's legs to 150MPH quite easily and run WAY better than low 14's

the LS2 GTO will do the quarter mile in low 13's stock form while trapping around 106-107MPH

there has been stock runs dipping 12's just like the CTS-V but I know for a fact I won't be that fortunate... I am estimating mid 13's at around 105MPH in stock form

I have extensive experience with the strip and am confident this car can run that

My apologies, I retract my statement! I reverified and I am incorrect on the published times.

Have good luck at the track and keep us posted, or me. lol Are you on the GTO forums yet? ls1gto.com baby!

if you almost lost to a GXP you need to remap your engine and make sure your cylinders are all firing :confused:

I beat a GXP at a light by two cars last summer.... I was expecting more out of it considering I ran him in my 2005 lincoln LS

oh, nevermind... you have an LS1, you are comparing apples and oranges, the LS2 goat will stretch it's legs to 150MPH quite easily and run WAY better than low 14's

I am very proud of the lincoln and can't wait for some dyno numbers soon. Beating GXP is easy from a dig, but the freeway.... LS2 doesn't pack that much of a bigger punch and the torque management features eat a shi* ton of power.

LS2 doesn't pack that much of a bigger punch

not trying to nitpick but it is ALOT bigger package... I mean, why do you think the C5 vettes have LS1's and do low-mid 13's with the possibility of dipping 12's with a perfect driver and the C6 vettes have the LS2's and can pull mid 12's with ease and can pull low 12's with a perfect driver

1/2 a second is a HUGE gap on the strip.... also, LS1 M6's can push 290-300RWHP, LS2 M6's push around 340-350RWHP... and it may not sound like it, but 50 horses at the wheels is alot too

and the torque management features eat a shi* ton of power.

streetsmart034004.jpg

COngrads on the purchase that is a sweet car. Good luck tryin to beat a GXP...

beautiful car. i always wanted to get one of these in the future. probably not the near future, since all my money tends to go to fixing the LS, lol. once again, nice purchase

Do you really like the GTO better than the '02 WS6? Being a former owner of two T/A's i dont see it. The power is slightly higher, but to me the GTO looks too much like a Cavalier. The T/A looked aggressive as hell especially with the WS6 nostrils. I think dollar for dollar you can make a T/A outrun a GTO.

Congrats on the "Goat"! I have a friend in Dallas who bought an '06 new GMS Plan with a 6 Speed and loves it. Weekend Car and has around 5,000 Miles on it. I've rode in it once and that thing has alot of torque! :D

Do you really like the GTO better than the '02 WS6? Being a former owner of two T/A's i dont see it. The power is slightly higher, but to me the GTO looks too much like a Cavalier. The T/A looked aggressive as hell especially with the WS6 nostrils. I think dollar for dollar you can make a T/A outrun a GTO.

it's not all about speed with me, it's about the whole package

drivability, luxury, being comfortable and being "decently quick"

not out to be the fastest, but I want a nice jolt

to answer your question the ride quality is SOOO much better, and compared to the WS6's solid rear axle, the goats IRS takes corners 200% better, the seats are WAAY more comfortable, and I don't have that annoying carpet monster hump attacking my passengers

and the back seats have more room than the LS.... whilst the WS6's back seats have less room than a 911 carrera lol

if I cared about all out speed and nothing else I would get a supercharged atom... but that's not the case, for what I look for in a car the Goat is 1,000 times better for me than the WS6, one thing I will miss about the WS6 was the ragtop and the monsoon system

I'm not disagreeing with you that if you put the same amount of money into a WS6 they wouldn't run right next to each other at the strip, straight axle + killer areo + less weight = better car for the strip

but I care about other things more than speed you know... everyones different, maybe it's because when I was a teen speed got me into trouble with a yellow mustang :)

Members online

Back