My New Car

Convince the wife that her vehicle is the "family car" and then you can go out and buy a Corvette if you want. That is what I have done. Of course we also have 4 cars too which helps. :D

I tried to pull off the G35 coupe with its almost non-existant back seat, she didnt go for it, hehe. I do need a 4 door for my kids, I do a lot of drop offs and pick ups.

I tried to pull off the G35 coupe with its almost non-existant back seat, she didnt go for it, hehe. I do need a 4 door for my kids, I do a lot of drop offs and pick ups.

We have one boy right now. I told her that if I need to drop him off at school he will fit just fine in the front passenger seat of a Corvette. No need for 4 doors unless we have 3 kids. ;)

Did you blow down jefferson or 94? Thats meesed up,I can't drive around doing the speed limit with out getting pulled over and you just run around at 150? Nice hit on second. That car pulls pretty dam good, still needs exhaust.

oh hell no, I would have got pulled over for sure if I ran around there

no, I went down to around 32-33 mile down a barren 2 lane road out in the sticks at 2AM

it's just a straight shot for about 10 miles

You are insane.. Those things take forever to get to 150, but it is faster than the ls1, I will give you that. The ole ls1 almost killed me once, because I switched cars with the girlfriend to pick up my mother. Found myself running inbetween a semi and a guy merging. I went to punch it and it took forever and a day to get around the semi truck. I was going only 105, where in the srt I would have been easily been into the 130's and 140's. Everything is slow, after you drive something that is fast... Obviously.

I don't have any 150 runs laying around, but I shoud dig up the 20-100 video of the srt4 on his phone...

The only thing you can do is slander me, and you come up with few facts.

Typical of people that aren't fully comprehending a situation. I see it everyday, stupid people get pissed because they can't/don't understand what is happening. So, they lash out to those that cause it. Sad, but it's the way life is.

I have owned both. So, of course I would have no idea what I am talking about.. Just another magazine racing ricer... lol

obviously you are a magazine racer

#1 a stock LS1 GTO is a driver race with an SRT4 stock for strock from any speed

#2 an LS2 GTO would mop the floor with an SRT4 stock for stock

#3 a stock SRT4 cannot go 200+ MPH... you posted a link to a salt flat run... have you seen the cars that run the salt flats? basically you are claiming a stock SRT4 has a better top speed than a pagani zonda... and that makes me laugh

#4 you got WHP and BHP mixed up and tried comparing them like they were the same thing

#5 all you can do is fall back on your friends car and bring nothing to the table on your own accord

#6 you think an intake/exhaust only SRT4 can break 12's

#7 you think a grand prix GXP is a good run with an LS2 GTO

those 7 reasons are all I need to know you are clueless.... when someone talks like they know everything and they end up giving out bad info that isn't the truth I am obligated to correct them due to the fact I wouldn't want other enthusiants to pick up in the bad info and take it as fact

if you are going to continue to speak about which you do not know I suggest you go back to lala land (SRT4 forums)

#1 a stock LS1 GTO is a driver race with an SRT4 stock for strock from any speed

-Your probably correct on this one

#2 an LS2 GTO would mop the floor with an SRT4 stock for stock

-I woudn't say mop, but I would give the LS2 for the win.. Your just telling truthisms here.. nothing special.

#3 a stock SRT4 cannot go 200+ MPH... you posted a link to a salt flat run... have you seen the cars that run the salt flats? basically you are claiming a stock SRT4 has a better top speed than a pagani zonda... and that makes me laugh

-Nobody said anything about better top speed than anything. The link said that is was for a car class with stock aerodynamics, and the srt ran 221..

#4 you got WHP and BHP mixed up and tried comparing them like they were the same thing

-Didn't mix them, so much it was just easier to use the numbers your provided and the fact that fwd drivetrain losses << rwd.

#5 all you can do is fall back on your friends car and bring nothing to the table on your own accord

-That's all you have? I have been continously discussing the two I have previously owned?? lol

-Yep, with slicks. Mopar Intake, Modern Performance Exhaust, oh and the dyno tune.. (Oh and they are the parts off my old srt...) Showed you the video too, and it's fresh only a couple of weeks ago!

#7 you think a grand prix GXP is a good run with an LS2 GTO

-Go back and re-read, I said by your numbers and my magazine racing math a good run with an LS1 but not so much with the LS2...

those 7 reasons are all I need to know you are clueless.... when someone talks like they know everything and they end up giving out bad info that isn't the truth I am obligated to correct them due to the fact I wouldn't want other enthusiants to pick up in the bad info and take it as fact

-To bad the premises to your argument aren't valid, and so is your false conclusion. Enjoy being a forum truth seeking cowboy. I did say some things in error previously and did correct myself. (ie: factory 1/4mi et's)

But, I am sure you think Mustang GT's are fast..

Officially done with this, enjoy your new Gto and don't punch it going around a corner. My 100lb ex could handle it, so I am sure you got it locked. :D

-Yep, with slicks. Mopar Intake, Modern Performance Exhaust, oh and the dyno tune.. (Oh and they are the parts off my old srt...) Showed you the video too, and it's fresh only a couple of weeks ago!

wow, now slicks and a dyno tune come out of nowhere?

lol, you must really think I was born yesterday... a dyno tune let's you set the amount of PSI you can run... he probably maxed out the stock turbo and strapped some injectors to it, far more complicated than "intake exhaust" only

again, get your facts straight.... and in your own words a stock SRT4 can pull 200+MPH, which is a laugh

which leads me to the kicker... you just admitted an LS1 GTO is a drivers race with an SRT4 from any speed and an LS2 GTO would kill an SRT4 from any speed... yet at the beginning of your little neon glorification you said the GTO falls flat at 110MPH compared to every other car...

you started a debate you couldn't back up, and you were wrong... get over it

wow, now slicks and a dyno tune come out of nowhere?

lol, you must really think I was born yesterday... a dyno tune let's you set the amount of PSI you can run... he probably maxed out the stock turbo and strapped some injectors to it, far more complicated than "intake exhaust" only

again, get your facts straight.... and in your own words a stock SRT4 can pull 200+MPH, which is a laugh

which leads me to the kicker... you just admitted an LS1 GTO is a drivers race with an SRT4 from any speed and an LS2 GTO would kill an SRT4 from any speed... yet at the beginning of your little neon glorification you said the GTO falls flat at 110MPH compared to every other car...

you started a debate you couldn't back up, and you were wrong... get over it

You can see in the damn video he's running slicks..

I said a aerodynamically stock srt can run 200+, not hp stock.

I also did not agree that an ls2 would "kill" an srt4 from any speed. Your putting a lot of words into my mouth. Gto does fall flat and that's a fact. I would love to see a showroom floor stock for stock go at it from a 60 roll. It would be interesting to see..

And your debating with false premises to your argument. This is too much of a pissing match and your on the defensive to have anywhere near an unbiased argument/debate. I have better things to do. Thanks for the exercise.

You can see in the damn video he's running slicks..

I said a aerodynamically stock srt can run 200+, not hp stock.

I also did not agree that an ls2 would "kill" an srt4 from any speed. Your putting a lot of words into my mouth. Gto does fall flat and that's a fact. I would love to see a showroom floor stock for stock go at it from a 60 roll. It would be interesting to see..

And your debating with false premises to your argument. This is too much of a pissing match and your on the defensive to have anywhere near an unbiased argument/debate. I have better things to do. Thanks for the exercise.

are you still talking?

neons are slow compared to ANY LSX powered vehicle... down low, up top... whatever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuplDebp5ms

the end

you don't need to say an LS2 GTO would kill a stock SRT4... I already know it would

and your aero arguement is probably the most ricerish garbage I have ever heard in my life... I guess if I put tires capable of 220 MPH on a C5 corvette I can walk around and say it's a 220MPH car

lol

and just for good measure so you get the hint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_U0H1t89NA

^^^ that's an intake/exhaust SRT4 with a downpipe and a tune that can barely break into the 13's BTW

because I know you were dieing for a roll race video to see what would happen... because that's all SRT4's are good for as seen in the post above :)

Around here that would have only ended up in one messed up deer!!!:eek:

oh trust me, we have thsoe roads too

6-7 foot fences parting the forest from the road due to a hunting reserve is a good thing :D

this is the only road I will do a top speed run on, I have to drive for about 45 minutes to get there but the saftety conditions of the stretch are about as safe as you can get going a buck fifty

Oh, ok.

I'm gonna post some pictures of my new shoes later.

judging from the amount of tech knowlege I see around here from most that wouldn't be a bad idea... people might think they were a special kind of intake manifold

judging from the amount of tech knowlege I see around here from most that wouldn't be a bad idea... people might think they were a special kind of intake manifold

Then add to the tech knowledge instead of posting pictures of that flop GM called a "GTO".

Pics of shoes and sunglasses (along with cell phone) coming later.

Then add to the tech knowledge instead of posting pictures of that flop GM called a "GTO".

Pics of shoes and sunglasses (along with cell phone) coming later.

what do you think this whole thread consists of? us talking about the weather?

you sure seem to have large sand particles in your vagina.... I'd take some time and reflect on why you are so angry and how the moderators aren't ;)

I moderate an automotive forum, I know what's acceptable and what isn't... and talking about a different make and model on a certain car forums is perfectly acceptable as long as it isn't a trollish post

Nice Goat! Enjoy...that motor has as much, or more aftermarket support and HP potential than just about anything out there right now. As far as SRT-4's go...let me relate an experience I had a few years ago. Used to live in Warrenville, IL. (Far western burbs of Chicago). I had an Electric Red '92 LSC SE N/A with bolt ons at the time. High 13 second car. I went up to Union Grove Dragstip one night for a little test and tune. At the track I made the acquaintance of three guys who were there together, from the same area as I. Can't remember the years but the cars were a new Audi A6 4.2, Subaru WRX STI and an SRT-4. I watched all of these guys run all night and also ran against the SRT-4 on one run. The Audi was bone stock. The other two had CAI, Exhaust, Tunes, Sticky tires etc. The WRX was running low 13's, SRT-4 high 13's, Audi 15 flats. The one run I ran against the SRT-4 he got a little antsy, launched too hard, spun all the way through first and then halfway through second. (I guess the kid never heard of lifting) Stupid. On the way back home we all agreed to run with each other as we were all going to the same area. Driving back they were all about running hard, not my usual thing but it was late on a week night and very little traffic. We had been running between 75-90mph. There came a straight stretch of empty highway and the kid in the WRX, Srt-4 right behind, moved up next to me and motioned for a race. I motioned OK, he waved his hand to signal go and we went. Raced from 90-@140mph. Surprisingly I won. After 100-105mph the Subie and Neon both just kind of died. The Audi was right behind me and he stayed right with me until I lifted at 140mph. By that time we were half a mile or more from the other two. No offense but my experience has been that cars like the WRX, SRT-4, Hondas, etc. can be made to be very quick in the short run but just don't have the torque required to push a car too speed on the top end. Sheer physics....or as the old Axiom goes "There is no replacement for displacement". Oh yeah, almost forgot, when the Kid in the WRX caught up to us he pulled alongside, gave me a big :headbang: and mouthed WOW! Had to be weird for him to get taken by a big, old granpa's car. :D :biggrin:

Nice Goat! Enjoy...that motor has as much, or more aftermarket support and HP potential than just about anything out there right now. As far as SRT-4's go...let me relate an experience I had a few years ago. Used to live in Warrenville, IL. (Far western burbs of Chicago). I had an Electric Red '92 LSC SE N/A with bolt ons at the time. High 13 second car. I went up to Union Grove Dragstip one night for a little test and tune. At the track I made the acquaintance of three guys who were there together, from the same area as I. Can't remember the years but the cars were a new Audi A6 4.2, Subaru WRX STI and an SRT-4. I watched all of these guys run all night and also ran against the SRT-4 on one run. The Audi was bone stock. The other two had CAI, Exhaust, Tunes, Sticky tires etc. The WRX was running low 13's, SRT-4 high 13's, Audi 15 flats. The one run I ran against the SRT-4 he got a little antsy, launched too hard, spun all the way through first and then halfway through second. (I guess the kid never heard of lifting) Stupid. On the way back home we all agreed to run with each other as we were all going to the same area. Driving back they were all about running hard, not my usual thing but it was late on a week night and very little traffic. We had been running between 75-90mph. There came a straight stretch of empty highway and the kid in the WRX, Srt-4 right behind, moved up next to me and motioned for a race. I motioned OK, he waved his hand to signal go and we went. Raced from 90-@140mph. Surprisingly I won. After 100-105mph the Subie and Neon both just kind of died. The Audi was right behind me and he stayed right with me until I lifted at 140mph. By that time we were half a mile or more from the other two. No offense but my experience has been that cars like the WRX, SRT-4, Hondas, etc. can be made to be very quick in the short run but just don't have the torque required to push a car too speed on the top end. Sheer physics....or as the old Axiom goes "There is no replacement for displacement". Oh yeah, almost forgot, when the Kid in the WRX caught up to us he pulled alongside, gave me a big :headbang: and mouthed WOW! Had to be weird for him to get taken by a big, old granpa's car. :D :biggrin:

I'm suprised that 4.2L SFI V8 hung with you like that.... I always thought the AWD drivetain loss would give it a hard time from a roll

what year was this A6? lol I'm curious now

Would have been an 04, maybe an 05 as it was Sept. I've seen a few run high 14's when driven right. From all of the Magazine tests I've read this is about what to expect. Makes sense...no matter how "dumbed down" for America the Audi is, it is still a German, Autobahn engineered car. High speed cruising is a normal fact of life over there. Gearing and good aerodynamics make for some long legs.

Just checked out some pics. 05 for sure. 3700 lbs, 335hp/310tq, 6 speed Triptronic Auto and good aerodynamics. Bad Ass ride!

Last edited:
Hmmm?

DSC01356.JPG

Members online

Back