My New Car

It's all about the sounds. The only thing better than the sound of 400 horses is 400 pissed off horses. You should swing by diamonds shop.

iand I don't have that annoying carpet monster hump attacking my passengers

I thought i was trippin' when i looked in a WS6 and saw that hump! Lol. What the heck is that about? And ya, the back seats in them are tiny! I was amazed that the interiors were so small, given the fact that the F body is a pretty big car. Where did the space go? Lol. Still, wouldn't mind one someday...

I thought i was trippin' when i looked in a WS6 and saw that hump! Lol. What the heck is that about? And ya, the back seats in them are tiny! I was amazed that the interiors were so small, given the fact that the F body is a pretty big car. Where did the space go? Lol. Still, wouldn't mind one someday...

The "hump" has existed in the f-body for many years, my old '91 had it as well as my '95. If i'm not mistaken it had to do with the routing of the exhaust. The f-body is a fairly large sports car but i dont think the back has ever been meant for humans.

streetsmart034004.jpg

GMXC2.png

Use this... It will work better than that Ford Strategy Flasher you pictured. :p ;)

I keep reading in this post about a GXP, isnt "GXP" just a tag for the sport version of various Pontiacs...Bonny, Grand Prix, etc? With that in mind i have heard most of the GXP versions of these cars are dogs, the 4 spd auto tranny just doesnt deliver. Sure they have a V8 but they are also FWD and i dont think they are in the same league as the GTO. I'd like the GTO alot more if it didnt look like a Cavalier on 'roids.

the grand prix GXP is a 303 BHP FWD family sedan with less aerodynamic capability than a GTO... I'm sure the person who said he barely beat one in a GTO was firing on 6 pits

and to run out of steam at 110MPH I guess he has that custom 30 foot masonary wall as a front bumper mod

Yep, the LS1 and especially the LS2 cars pull real hard at highway speeds. They are very well known for that.

the grand prix GXP is a 303 BHP FWD family sedan with less aerodynamic capability than a GTO... I'm sure the person who said he barely beat one in a GTO was firing on 6 pits

and to run out of steam at 110MPH I guess he has that custom 30 foot masonary wall as a front bumper mod

No really they do suck ass. My Dodge Neon SRT4 was capable of over 200mph in factory aerodynamics form and it's a neon with a body kit. Gto is unable to do that... unless obviously you have an extreme amount of horsepower.

I guess if your claiming that they have 303bhp, then it would have been a good match wouldn't it?? Especially for your LS2... :p

No really they do suck ass. My Dodge Neon SRT4 was capable of over 200mph in factory aerodynamics form and it's a neon with a body kit. Gto is unable to do that... unless obviously you have an extreme amount of horsepower.

I guess if your claiming that they have 303bhp, then it would have been a good match wouldn't it?? Especially for your LS2... :p

look, hate to break it to you, you know nothing about this subject

and have obviously never driven an LSX powered car to it's full potential, and drive your neon 200MPH, make sure to get a video.... oh, you can't, my bad, this arguement sound like it's coming from the lips of a ricer...

"my cars tires are capable of 3,000MPH!!! that mean it's the fastest!"

lol, give me a break

then take a stock SRT4 neon and a stock GTO and run them from a 40MPH roll to 150MPH and see which one gets there first... I would put 100 bucks down that even an LS1 powered goat would get there first

SRT4's are for teenagers that want to brag about how little money they put into a car that can't run from a dead stop for lack of traction (IE: poor)

you know how many clueless kids with turbocharged 2.4's I see that think they are the fastest thing in the world? you aren't the first one I've encountered

and to answer your question.... no, a grand prix GXP is not a good match for any trim GTO... and your arguement makes no sense at all regarding the fact because both cars are shaped EXACTLY the same way, only difference? both trim GTO's have more BHP and weigh less

so your arguement is a big fail

Yeah, I am sure after owning both and being a physicist and mathmatician I would totally have no clue what so ever.. :rolleyes: But, I don't need to validate myself to you or anyone for that matter. It's the forums, whatever. Or that and I have a friend whom is building his car for Bonneville and whom requested that I calculate the amount of hp required to get is car over the 200 mark. (Guess what he can't do it without modifying the stock aero dynamics) Has to remove rear wing, mirrors, and add a splitter. Srt's already have done over 200 in stock form... simple search yielded...
http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-322595.html

Too bad you don't live close otherwise I know somebody that woud take that money of yours. Well he has intake/exhaust, but that shouldn't scare you. Best time of his is 12.8@107...

Btw: Me thinking about the LS1 getting to 150, yawn.. Bored already thinking about the time it would take to get there..

Too bad you don't live close otherwise I know somebody that woud take that money of yours. Well he has intake/exhaust, but that shouldn't scare you. Best time of his is 12.8@107...

Btw: Me thinking about the LS1 getting to 150, yawn.. Bored already thinking about the time it would take to get there..

wow, you are really clueless aren't you?

lol you're cute kid... intake and exhaust SRT4 dipping 12's is a nice touch on the BS meter

honestly, do SRT4's actually pick teenagers who think they know everything or is it like a laws of attraction thing?

Lol, cheapest horsepower per dollar. Picked mine up for 11.4k and full stage 3at that. All said and done I was running 370whp at 2800lbs. Don't need to be a kid or genius to see that benefit. I am just about done with this ignorant pissing match.

My buddies car: http://youtube.com/watch?v=N5VRRHG-r90

the grand prix GXP is a 303 BHP FWD family sedan...

also, LS1 M6's can push 290-300RWHP, LS2 M6's push around 340-350RWHP...

3600 lbs - Gxp curb weight -> 11.88lbs/hp
3725 lbs - Gto curb weight -> 12.41lbs/hp (ls1) and 10.64lbs/hp (ls2)

Deltas: -0.53 lbs/hp (ls1) and 1.24 lbs/hp (ls2); negative number is disadvantage, positive is advantage.

So, Gxp wouldn't be a good run for the ls2, but for the ls1 it's not...

wow, you sure do alot of talking for someone resorting to magizine racing and falling back on someone elses car like a ricer

fact of the matter is you have proven you know nothing about automotive knowlege lol, and LS1 OR and LS2 GTO will wipe the floor with a grand prix GXP.... an LS1 GTO is a drivers race with an SRT4 all the way up to whatever MPH you want, and the LS2 GTO will wipe the floor with a skittle

don't like it? tough

you stated GTO's fall flat at 110MPH compared to every car on the road.... but the fact of the matter is, the stock top end of an LS2 GTO shames the stock SRT4 top end, and the top end of an LS1 GTO would probably even shame the SRT4 by a nudge and there is no ricerish excuses you can grasp at to change that... you can say all you want... with your automotive knowlege and what you are saying it is apparent to me you are not what you say, and have never owned a GTO or driven one for that matter... you're jusrt a neon fanboy that needs some more brains

and yeah, you can magazine race all day, the stock trap speeds of all cars mentioned that I have seen every summer multiple times are what wins this debate ;)

P.S. an intake/exhaust SRT4 is not breaking 12's and trapping 107MPh tough guy, that was a nice lie though... your "buddy" might be running larger injectors and pushing the stock snail with all the breather mods added on with a set of sticky tires and barely break 12's sure.... but intake/exhaust SRT4?, you would be lucky to grab a 13.9 on stock rubber

3600 lbs - Gxp curb weight -> 11.88lbs/hp
3725 lbs - Gto curb weight -> 12.41lbs/hp (ls1) and 10.64lbs/hp (ls2)

Deltas: -0.53 lbs/hp (ls1) and 1.24 lbs/hp (ls2); negative number is disadvantage, positive is advantage.

So, Gxp wouldn't be a good run for the ls2, but for the ls1 it's not...

again with your lack of automotive knowlege.... it amazes me

go back to car basics 101 and look at what "BHP" and what "WHP" is... I think it's kind of funny you are comparing the two

a stock LS1 GTO can put the same amount of power to it's wheels that the GXP can make at the crank.... and LS2 GTO can make about 50 more to the wheels than the GXP makes at the crank... can you follow or is that too complex?

but congrats on showing your uber math skills on something that can't even be compared.... all math aside, a caveman could figure out which car is faster... and it's ammusing you think otherwise

Did you blow down jefferson or 94? Thats meesed up,I can't drive around doing the speed limit with out getting pulled over and you just run around at 150? Nice hit on second. That car pulls pretty dam good, still needs exhaust.

I think a good match would be a 2001 Firehawk LS1 vs your 2006 GTO LS1.

So does this mean there will be no more LS vs Continental show down?

Now its a GTO vs Neon showdown, hehe.

Nice car Morbid. I almost bought that same car in 06 but passed on it since the wife an I decided on having another baby. Now Im married to 4 doors.

but passed on it since the wife an I decided on having another baby. Now Im married to 4 doors.

Convince the wife that her vehicle is the "family car" and then you can go out and buy a Corvette if you want. That is what I have done. Of course we also have 4 cars too which helps. :D

Very nice car man, I drove one before 6.0 manual and it was freaking fast and sounded great too. Overall a great car, especially for that price.

My friend is about to buy a new G8 GT.

Members online

Back