my new wheels

cmarsden

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was in the market for a new look and could not find wheels that I wanted at a decent price.
I had a set of factory painted turbines and found a local company to powdercoat them white
I still have a set of chome wheels so can change back if I want to but I think it looks sharp.

I am slowly making it mine and have bought and installed a lot of parts to make it as near perfect as I can. Next up are drilled rotors and brakes with red calipers. Also stainless lines.

I paid $6,000 for it 6 months ago and it had 52,000 on it but a lot was broken or repaired badly so all is now fixed and I have parts to keep it on the road for my lifetime (65 years old)

Next up is a cold air box with some improved ideas of my own and a xcal from Rhienhart. It has glass packs and sounds really nice. It also handles well with the new swaybar and bushings with the extra rear I have the 4:10's will be in soon.

So? What do you guys think?

Before

After
Fast is not fast enough

lincoln side view.jpg

My Lincoln.JPG

I think that center cap needs to be white before you pull it off, and maybe a 1" drop? Just a thought, my opinion man. :)

Yeah, for sure. Drop it a bit. It looks like that bitty little wheel is fighting to fill that wheel gap, and doesn't have a chance. The white/black/white stands out way too much for that much wheel gap.

someone BAN HIM!!

are you sure those pictures arnt backwards? i'd really hate to call you a ricer punk :(

Lincolns Own said:
someone BAN HIM!!

are you sure those pictures arnt backwards? i'd really hate to call you a ricer punk :(

Actually I got the idea from the Germans as the new mini cooper has a white wheel option.

I thought that white makes the wheels look bigger (check both pictures) so when I do the brakes and drop it the wells will look filled up and I do not have the hassel of finding wheels to fit.

Hey sit back and stare for another five minutes and it will grow on you!

With the center caps white (I tried it) the look is industrial strenth ford pickup truck

cmarsden said:
Actually I got the idea from the Germans as the new mini cooper has a white wheel option.

I thought that white makes the wheels look bigger

..on the mini cooper yes, they don't have 12" of black between the white wheel and white car.

cmarsden said:
Hey sit back and stare for another five minutes and it will grow on you!

Meh. that's why I sat for so long. It's not. sorry man.. ..and if it has to grow on me, what's it worth anyways eh.. you going to yell over to everyone in traffic "HEY STARE AT IT FOR TEN MORE MINUTES... IT WILL GROW ON YOU! Lol jk man. But really..

cmarsden said:
With the center caps white (I tried it) the look is industrial strenth ford pickup truck

Only because it's not lowered, I bet.

IMPO, it was a great and brave attempt, that barely doesn't cut it.

I'm not against the idea.... one it is different..

But if the chrome was flaking and they were in trouble... sure you could get them re-chromed but...

I think it works for me.... nice try...

I don't think it will work for too many colors... maybe black or charcoal...

I don't like the way those 'turbine' wheels look in the first place, but I like those better than the chrome ones. I'm not sold on the red center caps though.

I've gotta give you an A for originality, and a C- for looks. At least it's different, but not for my tastes. (Not that I have any).:)

I think it looks pretty good, and it really dosen't matter as long as it works for you...., I don't get everybody trying to push their thoughts on you, it's a lot sharper than some of the "wagon" wheels out there...

Brozly said:
I think it looks pretty good, and it really dosen't matter as long as it works for you...., I don't get everybody trying to push their thoughts on you, it's a lot sharper than some of the "wagon" wheels out there...

This is true but most post need projects and ideas looking for feedback... just some feedback can be harsh...

I agree they are much better then the Wagon Wheels...:eek:

you to can eat Shxxx or I am sorry, RICE

:D The cost to do all four wheels was $220 and so far no rice burners have taken me up on a race

cmarsden said:
:D The cost to do all four wheels was $220 and so far no rice burners have taken me up on a race

Look at my snowflake thread, it cost my 150 to do those and the includes buying them

Members online

Back