Need help

rome1975

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 lincoln ls my check engine light wont come so i got one from the salvage yard now it wont start wont even spin over i put the original cluster back in still nothing i cant pass emisions without the check engine light coming on neither cluster would have the check engine light come on

unless you have the scan tool to marry the new cluster to the PCM, i would put the old cluster back in and check to make sure that the bulb is good.

Kinda odd, most people are trying to not get the MIL to come on. First time ever I've seen someone that actually wants the light to come on.

You needing it to light up during Power-on self-test, meaning as you turn the key before start?

This is what I am assuming is the problem, it not coming on. Check MIL bulb itself like Loud1 said. Probably just a burn out or missing bulb.

Yeah an LS cluster is "married" to the PCM, can't just expect to throw any cluster from any LS into it and expect it to work without being at the dealerships.

Now reverting back to the old original cluster should have been fine, make sure your connectors click in correctly ... for good measures, you should have the battery terminals disconnected when you do this and upon completion, when re attaching the battery terminals, the cluster should be recognized and light right up, if not, you mucked something up in the process.

Bet ya 10$ the battery terminals were NOT disconnected during this re-clustering.

#ClusterF*cked
tumblr_inline_nkbe5dJ8t71qfwhgs.gif

Bet ya 10$ the battery terminals were NOT disconnected during this re-clustering.

No they werent

See post #11

yes you are right, you need help alright!

NEVER, NEVER, ever do electrical on cars without disconnecting the Fn battery connections, how foolish!

Did you know, when you get an exhaust done and the have to do some welding, the Battery connections MUST be disconnected!
Crap, when you replace the fuel filter the battery has to be disconnected.

ALWAYS disconnect the battery terminals when performing work on cars unless it's strictly hardware related.

Think about it ...

You now need to call a flat bed tow truck, get it to a dealer and have them "attempt" to resolve the issue with another "used" cluster.

You've most likely damaged either the original or both trying to hot wire it like that.

EDIT - - - -

Come to think about it, before you send it off for HELP.

try disconnecting the Battery terminals, let it sit for more then 30mins, redo your original Cluster, reconnect the battery, try and see if it will recognize the original again.

I don't remember the last time I disconnected the battery to work on the/a car...

except Volvo's, they will trip the SRS light if you unplug the climate controls...

Its a rather safe then sorry kinda thing.

Crap, when you replace the fuel filter the battery has to be disconnected.

Wow BigRig, your LS has an electric fuel filter? Does it break the fuel molecules down to a more uniform size so as to burn more evenly and get better mileage? How many more miles per gallon does your electric fuel filter equipped LS get than my plain ol' standard fuel filter equipped LS get?

Typical Telco! Obviously it's not an "electric" fuel filter, crazy stuff that glue you are on. (constantly)

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xa1011.htm~gen~ref.htm

fuel.jpg

Not that I don't like to live dangerously once and a while but STUPID is not covered under my house insurance policy when working on the LS in the garage.

Safety first Telco, doesn't take much extra effort to disconnect the battery really.

fuel.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back