I just dropped 15,400lbs tuesday. Loaded 11,400lbs wednseday. Drop that tuesday the 2nd in AL. Load 8900lbs wednseday in Georgia. Home for a four day weekend. Drop in Wichita the 8th. Load 10,000lbs friday the 12th, drop it the 15th in OH. Looking for something for the 9th thur 11th.

Dispatch said it is starting to slow down. I haven't seen it. Then again, I am one of there favorite contracters. I have done enough favors to keep me busy all winter.

Gotta keep on movin' (literally)
safe trips.

Yeah, a bit of a slow down but I get the big jobs still.
Keeping busy but yeah the summer help has been cut already.

I'd say maybe a month more or so and I'll be running freight US bound full time for the winter again.

Three words....... Ice Road Trucker!!!!

Hahaha, no not even close. good show though.

Personally I would never ever try and put a semi heavily loaded on a frozen lake. no thanks!
however, some weather conditions make it as close as driving on ice and that's when it's time
to get off the roads before a vital happens.

Once so far have I experienced a good slide with the trailer on ice conditions,
coming out of Quebec city, weather turned to sh*ts in a matter of a few minutes.
It was forcasted so I knew it was coming, started with a light drizzle of rain.
Roads got glazed immediatly, tractor trailer before me began to slow down due to
a pile up ahead. I was passing myself behind him but touching the brakes even lightly
on something like that just simply cause the trailer to brake loos and starts to come around.
I steered with it into the ditch, the inside lane, she caught traction and trailer straightened
out behind me just in time.

Pulled over and smoke three cigarettes in a row while hiding in the bunk with the four ways on.
Have never felt butterflies like that before. Ended up sitting there for hour and half as traffic
was backed up because they had to pull many cars and tractors out of harms way.
Everyone trying to slow down and stop too fast on ice.
Scary sh*t trust me.

Another time, I was out East of Canada on the Trans Canada during a snow storm,
climbing uphill, while trying to keep the RPMs up and make the climb, the right rear drive tires
kicked loose and out to the right side, got off the go-pedal and turned into the gator backs
and rode the rough stuff until topping the hill.

Moments like that will put some white in your knuckles for sure.
Sure Rollin can tell ya a few hair raising moments aswell.

Fun Fun Fun ....

I have over a million miles under my belt. All accident free. Knock on wood.:rolleyes: Only had one incident that freaked me out. Snowstorm in Michigan. Highway covered. Couldn't really see anything. No shoulder. No markers. Just driving in the tracks of the vehicle ahead of me. Anyway, drop the right frotn off the edge onto the shoulder. A bit of a lip. I currected it, but the rearend starts to come around. To discribe it best. Drifted the truck around a righthand curve. Got it straighten out. Finish the last 8 miles and called it a night.

You don't have to agree but I sometimes say: there are two types of truckers,
those that have been in an accident and those that will be in an accident.

I'm thankfully, also on the no accident to date side. Caution prevails.

You don't have to agree but I sometimes say: there are two types of truckers,
those that have been in an accident and those that will be in an accident.

I'm thankfully, also on the no accident to date side. Caution prevails.

Like my occupation. There two types of controllers, those that have been caught and those that haven't; Or those that have had deals and those that will.

Members online

No members online now.
Back