New rims!!

On a more 'in your face' sort of sporty car I'd go louder with the calipers but on the LS it doesn't stand to reason so much. Gloss black with silver letters works pretty good.

lsdec2009northterra5.jpg

Rear....

lswvoxxmisanoandwilwood.jpg

i wanna know where you got ur calipers and what model. ive been in love with them since i saw em . mind posting any part numbers at all?

I'm working on it gentleman. My brother refused to help at the shop on a sunday, so i was on my own! im still working on it though and i will have pictures up soon!

As of right now im trying to figure out how i am going to make the logo on the calipers!

I will order the shocks for the rear tomorrow, so im hoping i will get them in the late afternoon!

Ohhhh :) ok well let me go take some and then ill try to figure out how to post them!

i hope that works :O

they look scratched up, they are not though. That is just one of the rims i didnt want to pull all of them out.

they came with 2 new tires and the other 2 have about 75% thread left

Nice! I like the deep lip.

Pics on the car please :D

you have no idea how bad i want to put them on, im hoping they will be on tomorrow!! wish me luck..

and alax, do you really think they will hold on once the calipers get really hot? and when it rains and back and forth?!

Those look good.

I wish 18s looked bigger on our cars, though.

I dont know. You could always use some type of adhesive. You could also have them painted on by someone who can paint. I'm either going to do that or try it with the decals.

I asked Quik how he did the lettering on his calipers and he wrote this

Quik LS said:
Alax7 said:
Do you have a close up of a your calipers? Did you paint the lincoln logo yourself?
I used dupilcolour red caliper paint first then painted some paper lettering with engine white. then stuck them on when the red was still slightly wet
LS-brake.jpg

the decals is not a bad idea, but im thinking it would have to be a pretty rough material.

Im not sure how i am going to do it but im gonna try to paint them on.

Its easy.

Print off a lincoln logo and lay it on top of a piece of manila folder, trace it and cut out a stencil using a steady hand and a exacto knife. lay stencil on top of caliper and paint. done.

I tried it with a piece of paper and i was having a really hard time making the right stencil with the right cuts! anyway you can make us a cut out?

yeah i was just practicing, but in the few minutes that i tried i couldnt do the right cuts

save and print the picture in the ebay link and cut that out.

Or, you can but a set of those decals, paint the caliper black, let it dry, put the decal on, paint the caliper red, and before the paint dries, pull the decal off.

Members online

Back