New rims!!

I will do my best to refrain from posting pics in this thread :D

well they are on! i wish they were 19s but i think they look great!

Im hoping i can give her a bath tomorrow and then she'll be ready for the pictures!

Sorry, thought my comment would be taken in the paint color context and didn't get back to the thread until today. Some of the follow on comments are pretty funny though.....FastLLS yours cracked me up. Heee Heee Heeee! :)

The front caliper kit is from TCE Performance. He designed and built the adapters, which I think he still has a set of. Regarding the stock brakes being enough? I had more panic moments with the stock brakes (consider the speeds the V8 LS is capable of, it's not like it's a Taurus or something) than I care to mention and before some concerned citizen get their panties in a knot regarding driving fast, let's stick to the BBK subject. The stock brakes on this 3700 lb car were only about the size of my SVT Focus' brakes and it's 1000lbs lighter. Response sucked IMO and so did feel and it didn't surprise me as many previous cars let me down regarding brake to performance ratio potential. All my Turbo Saab's had wimpy brakes, previous Focus' did, my Fiesta's are pretty weak too. Response on the LS with 6 pot calipers and 14" slotted and crossdrilled rotors (13" rear slotted and crossdrilled but single pot calipers), is outstanding and I can brake hard OVER AND OVER again with no issues. You can't with stock brakes, it'll toast them. I have had front shake issues which I will not hide, it would seem they are pretty sensitive to wheel torque. If some gease monkey at a tire shop did the torquing and did it the way most people do, then they pulsate/shake as though warped. When torqued carefully/correctly they don't. Most those morons don't really know how to torque and end up overtorquing about 90% of the time.

Numbers? Don't have part numbers right now but the fronts are the 14" setup same as a corvette has (whichever one has the Wilwoods) and the rears are wilwoods parking brake caliper, which allows the LS's parking brake to work correctly with 1"X13" rotors. Yes, it's expensive. I don't know of a BBK that's cheap. To me it speaks volumes about how serious one is about their car.

Don't get me wrong, its a wonderful set up!! I wish i had money to drop like that, but i dont. College and bills have me barely getting by.

My brother finally gave in and bought a headlight restoration kit. haha after a few months of begging for him to buy it he did. I restored the headlights today and i was SOOO surprised to see my headlights looking absolutely brand new.. i have no idea why i didnt have this done previously, this is by far a must do to any ls!!

Members online

Back