New Sound System!!

Sorry to bring back an older post but as i was searching around here looking for ideas for mounting my tweeters

well i mounted mine in the defroster panel right between the edge of the defroster grid and the A-pillar

well i mounted mine in the defroster panel right between the edge of the defroster grid and the A-pillar

Do you have a picture of that configuration? Sounds like a good place as far as getting a good sound dynamic out of the tweet. Thanks

i'm putting two speakers in the rear door, and two in the sub panel. and then two in the front doors and i'm gonna custom mount the tweeters.
i'm pretty confused on how to mount those tweeters, but i'm hoping we'll figure something out.
and yeah, i didn't really think about that. I just don't want the backseat to look way too busy cause then there'll be three amps there. I'll see how much power wire I have and plan accordingly.
Thanks for the tip though. I wouldn't have thought about it cause i forgot the battery was in the rear.

Put them here

SDC10178.JPG

I put my remote here

used a piece of plastic water pipe epoxy'd to the remote and painted it black to get a good angle, ground the bottom of the pipe flat then used velcro which I had to glue down with epoxy also to hold well and not rip off when you pull off the remote.

SDC10175.JPG

I put my remote here

used a piece of plastic water pipe epoxy'd to the remote and painted it black to get a good angle, ground the bottom of the pipe flat then used velcro which I had to glue down with epoxy also to hold well and not rip off when you pull off the remote.

No offense man but your setup looks a little out of place.

And the vehicle looks dirty.

Those eq's go way back to the early 90's...didnt know people still used them.

thats because most good HU's will have a 7 band or better with crossover built right in and its always better to have that work done at the signal source and have less devices that the signal needs to run through giving a bigger chance for signal loss or picking up distortion.

No offense man but your setup looks a little out of place.

And the vehicle looks dirty.

I'm sorry I didn't make the car pretty before showing my suggestions.
It's not a show car and winter isn't over and I don't care if it's dirty.

thats because most good HU's will have a 7 band or better with crossover built right in and its always better to have that work done at the signal source and have less devices that the signal needs to run through giving a bigger chance for signal loss or picking up distortion.

Yeah thats what i basically meant.

no need to have those anymore since modern headunits have all this built in. And most of the time people dont know how to set them correctly anyways.

Same thing with caps....id rather have a second battery versus any farad cap.

I'm sorry I didn't make the car pretty before showing my suggestions.
It's not a show car and winter isn't over and I don't care if it's dirty.

mines not either but im ocd as hell about the inside looking sharp.

It's too much trouble adjusting eq through the HU.
My ipod songs are cued at different levels and I also listen to Mozart and Beethoven symphonies so I can mix the music how I want it.
The bottom eq is a 3 way crossover with gain controls.
I use both the eq and crossover to control the volumes and eq's of the 4 amps that make up my 2000 watt monster stereo which with the coneless subs under the front seats will beat you up.
I have a musical experience in my car that regular stereo's can't match.
This is similar to a system I had in the 90's in a Gran Prix with 2 10 disc CD players so I just updated it in the LS.
To each his own.

Well if you have good soundstage and you dont boost all the freq's then i guess its good.

I would have just went about it in a different way.

I would have installed the crossover and eq in the glovebox or something since they dont match the color of the interior and intergrated the midranges and tweeters better.

As for the diferent songs you can always just create presets for the different types of music. Or if you really are that into music you can install an audio editing program on your pc and make all songs the same level.

Yeah thats what i basically meant.

no need to have those anymore since modern headunits have all this built in. And most of the time people dont know how to set them correctly anyways.

Same thing with caps....id rather have a second battery versus any farad cap.

mines not either but im ocd as hell about the inside looking sharp.

I'm not most people and like adjusting the sound of the songs so it's to my liking.
Sometimes when the 2 12's hit with 1000 watts rms it feels like someone hit the car LOL!
As to the cap I had it for a long time before including it in this build and my lights don't dim at all if I crank it up.
This was something I did for fun.

Well if you have good soundstage and you dont boost all the freq's then i guess its good.

I would have installed the crossover and eq in the glovebox or something since they dont match the color of the interior and intergrated the midranges and tweeters better.

Putting them in the glovebox would defeat being able to adjust them while driving which I do all the time.
The midranges are 5x8 Kappa's in the doors so you don't see them.
This sub box shakes the whole car and vents into the interior where the factory 6x9s were.

SDC10174.JPG

As for the diferent songs you can always just create presets for the different types of music. Or if you really are that into music you can install an audio editing program on your pc and make all songs the same level.

I like what I have and the way I can adjust things without having to use the touch screen or even taking my eyes off the road much.
I haven't washed my car all winter because I don't want to wash salt into the nooks and crannies and it's about due for it's spring detail.
I'm going to be remounting my amps with the rubber isolators soon so I'll get to the cleaning then.

I dont have many options with the stock nav just two bass and treble adjustments so i need to change out to a pioneer soon.

Sounds great but it can sound better. very clean install though it appears stock untill
you hear it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back