Ohhh i can't wait!

g.warren84

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well folks i can't wait till the end of this year when the 2011 Mustang comes out. My wife is fighting me about buying it and i am enjoying no car payments but i'm willing to go back to one for my childhood dream car. And yes.... the LS has to go way too many problems (ghost beeps, coils going bad, overall a nice but :q:q:q:qty car).

Mustangs are way over-rated. Sure they look good and have an aftermarket scene, but they are slow compared to the other cars you could get for the money. If that is what you want then more power to ya. BTW that ghost beep is a bad clockspring. The beep is a back-up just in case the airbag light burns out. Good luck and post pics of the new car.

They don't even look that good. The LS wins that battle. And i've impressed a few mustangs at stoplights. The nice thing about mustangs is if you only care about speed. They are a relatively cheap platform to modify. bolt ons EVERYWHERE. I don't like being one of the millions of mustang owners.

SlickLS said:
that ghost beep is a bad clockspring.

Nope. The "mystery beep" is unique to the V8 and is nothing more than an intermittent (smallest amount of time you can imagine) loss of communication between the transmission and pcm. It is well documented.

Mustangs are way over-rated. Sure they look good and have an aftermarket scene, but they are slow compared to the other cars you could get for the money. If that is what you want then more power to ya. BTW that ghost beep is a bad clockspring. The beep is a back-up just in case the airbag light burns out. Good luck and post pics of the new car.

Oh yeah, way overrated. You must not have seen the specs on the 2011. And what cars are they slow compared to for the money that come with the options and leather interior that the newer ones do?

I say drop the LS for the GT. You'll never regret it. Hell, you could even get a V6. Those are much faster than the LS.

yea dont the 2011's have close to 400hp with the new 5.0?

Actually, they are well over 400hp. Motor Trend just tested the GT and V6 and went 12.8 in the GT, and 13.7 in the V6. Not too shabby.

BTW, the GT is quicker than the SS Camaro and SRT8 Challenger.

Comparing an LS to a Mustang is the same as comparing apples to oranges. They are in completely different classes.

Comparing an LS to a Mustang is the same as comparing apples to oranges. They are in completely different classes.

I agree. But, comparing them as which one someone would rather have. I say go for the GT. I like oranges more than apples.

yea dont the 2011's have close to 400hp with the new 5.0?

Ford rated them at 412 for the new 5.0 V8 and 305 for the V6, however the first dyno tests are showing that that the V8 is more than likely anywhere from 435-450hp and the V6 is about 308. This is a ridiculous horsepower leap for one year and I really don't think the Mustang can be beat for the money at this point in time. The current Mustangs platform is actually based on the LS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_D2C_platform

I like the new stang, but not enough to pay for one. The new engine looks pretty good though. Almost reminds me of the old Taurus SHO engine.

2011mustanggt5.0-engine-2.jpg

Every car is gonna have it's problems and the Mustang will too. New or not.

Oh yeah, way overrated. You must not have seen the specs on the 2011. And what cars are they slow compared to for the money that come with the options and leather interior that the newer ones do?

You could spend the same amount as you would on a completely decked out Mustang on a 06 or 07 mercedes E55 AMG and completely out-perform that Mustang in every way. Track, drag strip, comfort, looks, etc I could go on for days. Plus it will prolly have more options too. They run 12.4 bone stock. Not bad for a four door sedan. To each his own though. That's just what I would do.

You could spend the same amount as you would on a completely decked out Mustang on a 06 or 07 mercedes E55 AMG and completely out-perform that Mustang in every way. Track, drag strip, comfort, looks, etc I could go on for days. Plus it will prolly have more options too. They run 12.4 bone stock. Not bad for a four door sedan. To each his own though. That's just what I would do.

I agree with Slick...A friend of mine recently both 05 E55 AMG, it's a monster. He paid around $38,000-$40,000 for it. Not to mention, all of the detailed work that Benz puts into those cars is worth every penny.

Ford rated them at 412 for the new 5.0 V8 and 305 for the V6, however the first dyno tests are showing that that the V8 is more than likely anywhere from 435-450hp and the V6 is about 308.

I've read that and it's assuming a 15% drivetrain loss. There's no reason the new transmissions can't have less loss then that. Plus they dyno'd in lower gears, every gear will show different results.

Well, other than the fact that it will go 4 tenths of a second quicker in the quarter, the rest of that statement is opinion. You dont know if it is better in any other aspect. But good arguement, now find me one NEW car you can spend the same money on and will outperform the GT. Just one, thats all I ask. Cause in 4 years a 2011 GT could be had for a lot less than that E55, and with tires and a tune will make the AMG look like a beater.

plus i hate 2 doors

Alternative

I, personally, am highly in favor of 'stealth'. Therefore, for the best 'bang-for-the-buck', buy yourself a good clean LS and, if you're not personally capable, pay someone to upgrade. That should include a turbo installation, suspension and brake mods, and whatever floats your boat in the way of comfort and sound improvements.

The end result will be a superior handler and 'go-er' with 500+ HP and your choice of exterior individuality factors. And for less money than you'll pay for a new mustang or AMG.
KS

Well, other than the fact that it will go 4 tenths of a second quicker in the quarter, the rest of that statement is opinion. You dont know if it is better in any other aspect. But good arguement, now find me one NEW car you can spend the same money on and will outperform the GT. Just one, thats all I ask. Cause in 4 years a 2011 GT could be had for a lot less than that E55, and with tires and a tune will make the AMG look like a beater.

You're right about that being my opinion. That's why I said "that's what I would do with the money." That AMG would out-perform that Mustang in every form. Really?? AMG vs FORD..AMG wins everytime. With a simple pulley exchange and an exhaust, the AMG will run mid 11's and still use it as your daily driver. I told warren more power to him for getting the Mustang.

to each his own, i wouldn't mind having a new car, whatever it is...actually, i take that back.

i most agree with SLICKLS but then again its just an opinion i would not give up an ls for a stang but if had choice hell an E55 would do just find on my driveway thank you very much.

That Mustang engine does look damn good, bout time they made a decent lookin engine without all those tubes and wires hanging.

+10 for a E55.

Members online

Back