Opinions on a prospective new member's car

Got back from the oldest's tech high indoc early so I popped the grill off, taped it out with vinyl electrical tape, cleaned it with alcohol and sprayed it dark bronze.

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01432.jpg

DSC01433.jpg

DSC01434.jpg

With both grills painted the same it looks decent but is giving me flashbacks to '80's Ghetto Caddy's with the gold plated everything...

I also briefly thought about doing the side skirts and rear licence plate area but I'm not sure how a dark bronzed Mach I chin spoiler would look. I think I'm going to put the can away for a while and see what my peers think.

Opinions welcome :eek:

Jamie,

Excellent progress, amazing you do all your own welding and such.

very impressed !!!

That dark bronze would look real nice on a set of rims as well.

... but the chrome now looks out of place a bit (IMO)

Quick update, spent a couple hours in the local yards looking in vain for 2nd gen LS's. I did find 2 early cars but the interior parts don't interchange. I did find a '02 Focus with the door broken apart and I salvaged the rear window regulator clip and it's perfect match to the LS. Still looking for the dash wood grain trim though I did get my window switch bezel to fit better.

oh yeah, you are looking for the dash wood grain on the passenger side.

crap ... I'm leaving town tomorrow for 2 1/2 days.

I know of an parts LS sitting in a yard here near me and I get killer prices on stuff there.

I could go look and snap a pic and see if you want me to yank it for ya.

trouble is, shipping from Canada might not be worth it compared to you eventually finding one near you.

it's a thought.

Whelp, the LS is legal...

$190 for tags for 2 years
$100 to swap the title into my name
$460 sales tax

Came home and the rear pass window isn't attached to the regulator anymore. It stays up and the regulator can push it up but it won't go down.

Otherwise the car sounds and runs great, lol...

Members online

Back