painting my own bumper...progress pics

Thanks for the inspiration! As the previous owner of my '06 considered the deck lid a better table/desk than the part of a car, it was seriously scratched. There was also a half-dollar size imperfection (very light-colored) in the paint. I have decided to repaint the deck lid with a can or two of paintscratch.com paint. My trial run with some silver I had laying around taught me a valuable lesson and when the correct silver arrives I will be able to do a nice job. The color doesn't match well at all now (it's too light) but when I'm done I don't think one will be able to tell the difference!
Thanks!

I am going to attempt this on a friends bumper. Does anyone know a good resource for some sort of mesh screen for the openings in the bumper? She is only 18 so she doesn't have much to spend on the screen mesh. I just don't want to use some goofy looking chicken wire. By the way it is a '99 Cougar.

It looks pretty good. On my computer the color is a few shades off. Proper blending onto the top and sides could have his some of this, but it's pretty impressive for a first time with a rattle can base coat.

Why the old thread revival? :p
Ha, I was doing a search for "no start", and this must have been near the top of the list when I started browsing after I took a break to shovel 22" of snow (Awful time for the LS not to start). I thought it was current. I never look at the dates. Maybe I should start!

Members online

No members online now.
Back