Pictures of systems in the LS?

svince1884

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what systems everyone has in their rides. I'm looking at getting a system, and maybe some tips from you guys. Let me see what you got!

Seen it

Hey appreciate that post, but I had already seen that one. Was kinda looking for some new ideas out there.....your ride is sick by the way!

My boomin' system:

vbpgimage.php

Nothing crazy. Kenwood amp, Kicker 8" sub and Stinger cap. Just enough bass for what I wanted. I had all this stuff sitting around anyways.

My boomin' system:

Nothing crazy. Kenwood amp, Kicker 8" sub and Stinger cap. Just enough bass for what I wanted. I had all this stuff sitting around anyways.

What head unit are you running this off? That looks like exactly what I want, I am long done with the huge subs that shake the $hit out of your car. I like your setup a lot.

What head unit are you running this off? That looks like exactly what I want, I am long done with the huge subs that shake the $hit out of your car. I like your setup a lot.

Thanks. I'm the same way - done with the bass that you can hear for blocks. And honestly, a lot of people that have heard it said they couldn't believe it was only an 8" sub. But to answer your question, it's run off the stock head unit using a line out converter tapped off the stock rear deck subs.

I am currently working on my new install but when it's finnished it will be:

Alpine IVA-w205 w/Ipod hookup, Video by-pass, and steering wheel controls
Blackbird II Nav
Alpine PXA-H701
Alpine Sirius tuner
CDT CL-61T in the front and rear doors
CDT CL-4x center channel
PPI PC 2400.2 powering the center channel
PPI PC 4800.2 powering front and rear channels
PPI PC 21400.2 powering the sub

As for the sub, I'm not really sure yet I have about 6 subs in my basement.
It will be one of the following

1 IDMAX 10" sealed or IB
2 TC-7 10" sealed or IB
1 TC-9 12" sealed
1 TC-9 15" sealed

Or I have an old RF 15 but I don't think I'll go that route, I'm leaning towards doing the IDMAX or TC-7's in an IB setup, but I'm not sure I want to cut up the rear deck to properly fit the speakers.

The PPI PC 2400.2 will be installed on the inside of the trunk lid, the other 2 PPI amps will be in a flase floor. The H701 and Sirius tuner will be behind plexi on one side of the trunk and an extra battery on the other side. All lit up with blue or white neons.

Thanks. I'm the same way - done with the bass that you can hear for blocks. And honestly, a lot of people that have heard it said they couldn't believe it was only an 8" sub. But to answer your question, it's run off the stock head unit using a line out converter tapped off the stock rear deck subs.

OK, off topic----

On an 03 model year, I have the in dash 6 disk. Is that the top stereo, short of the touch nav? All this talk about deck subs, I do not have these, but was lead to believe that I had the best system.

OK, off topic----

On an 03 model year, I have the in dash 6 disk. Is that the top stereo, short of the touch nav? All this talk about deck subs, I do not have these, but was lead to believe that I had the best system.

The "audiophile" system had the same head unit but had addtional presence speakers on each side of the center stack fed by an additional amp under the dash, and 2 6x9 subs and addtional amp in the rear deck. The four door speakers are fed by the amp in the head unit in either system.

The "audiophile" system had the same head unit but had addtional presence speakers on each side of the center stack fed by an additional amp under the dash, and 2 6x9 subs and addtional amp in the rear deck. The four door speakers are fed by the amp in the head unit in either system.

I have the "center" speakers and nothing on the back deck... My window sticker says I have the Alpine Audiophile system, but I do not have these rear subs....

Maybe someone took them out? Is there a small amp still in between where the rear subs would be?

I wish I could go look, my sister in law is borrowing my car as she nearly totaled hers in a bad ice storm (generous or stupid I have yet to figure that out) Let me say this, are the speakers noticeable or are they mounted under the carpet? And WTH are those vents for in my rear window? For the speakers or does air actually come out for defrost. Sorry for all the dumb questions.

You have to pull that grey carpeted piece down to see the speakers and stock amplifier. And those vents are to, IIRC, equalize the pressure in the cabin and trunk. Something to that effect...I can't remember exactly right now.

You have to pull that grey carpeted piece down to see the speakers and stock amplifier. And those vents are to, IIRC, equalize the pressure in the cabin and trunk. Something to that effect...I can't remember exactly right now.

I am begining to think that I have these speakers, just have not noticed. WHICH makes me want to throw something together much like what you have. What cap is that? Can you give me more details of what you have. Watts? Thanks in advance.

It's a Stinger 1 farad cap, older Kenwood 300 watt amp and a Kicker CVR 8" sub in a ported box that I got off eBay.

One more picture that I found..

AmpCapMedium.jpg

Hope that helps.

Stock battery. I tapped the remote wire for the amp into a diode in the trunk fuse box that's for the fuel pump, so the amp only runs when the key is either in the "on" position or the car is running....so it's all wired up in the trunk with no need to run wires all over the place.

Factory Alpine 6 disc-changer with two Memphis 10's and a Memphis amp. Running 400 watts. USAC rated at 128db. The material used to trim the trunk is an exact color match to the interior. I did the trunk myself. The amp is hidden.

LS 95.jpg

LS 94.jpg

Rollin I've said it before and I'll say it again,

Damn that car is beautiful.

Nice setup

Dude, that setup is awesome.....you did that yourself huh? You offering any tutorials on how to do it?

ok, if you could explain this to me like I'm an idiot, what do I need to do to make this happen? thats basically what I'd like to do, I have an '03 with the navigation. just put in a sub back there with its own amplifier.

Dude, that setup is awesome.....you did that yourself huh? You offering any tutorials on how to do it?

Sure. I have already explained it to another member here. I can tell you how and even post up pictures. What to you want to do?

Members online

No members online now.
Back