Re-finished trunk lock cover

added the svt to mine. gonna finish up the detail work with some cobra badges i think.

MarkVIII93 said:
Yesterday I was extremely bored, so I thought Id take a stab at refinishing my trunk lock cover. I got it off, sanded it and then painted the back side black. Tell me what you think.
[ Looks goood Great job !111:eek: :eek:

I did mine too, except instead of removing the whole latch, I just peeled the emblem off with my fingernail :D what can I say? I'm lazy...lol!!!

service manual 002 (Small).jpg

4.6powa said:

added the svt to mine. gonna finish up the detail work with some cobra badges i think.
Its not an SVT and does not retain any SVT parts...geez people. I feel like mark owners are wanna be mustang owners.

MarkVIII93 said:
Its not an SVT and does not retain any SVT parts...geez people. I feel like mark owners are wanna be mustang owners.
not me bro, I owned a low 12 second Mustang for 14 years and sold it in feburary. I wouldn't sell my Mark if I had to.:cool:

MarkVIII93 said:

right, and i feel like i should/want to put the svt badge on since thecobra engine on certain years is based off of the mark engine/similar.

and btu i dont wanna be a mustang owner, i AM one. i own 3 mustangs and 2 marks.

MarkVIII93 said:

You sure like to put down others don't you.

MediumD said:
You sure like to put down others don't you.

thanks. i am very happy with this site so far, but i dont want to end up changing my mind. i maybe a newb here, but not to cars. so please dont treat me like a novice that is just in it for looks. if i was i would own a rotted out civic with a surfboard for a spoiler, and a fartcan muffler. thanks for the backup man.

also nice stang jc. gotta luv the fox bodies. 2 of mine are foxes. the 89gt. and the 87gt.

4.6powa said:
thanks. i am very happy with this site so far, but i dont want to end up changing my mind. i maybe a newb here, but not to cars. so please dont treat me like a novice that is just in it for looks. if i was i would own a rotted out civic with a surfboard for a spoiler, and a fartcan muffler. thanks for the backup man.

also nice stang jc. gotta luv the fox bodies. 2 of mine are foxes. the 89gt. and the 87gt.
Thanks man...:)

4.6powa said:
thanks. i am very happy with this site so far, but i dont want to end up changing my mind.

Oh every now and then someone get's a little testy but you will find that LvC members don't go for members slamming each other.

Pissing matches get stopped quick...

And there is nothing wrong with a Mustang... Mark VIIIs in my opinion are Mustangs that have grown up... Still have some muscle, not as quick, but lots of class..

But like maturity as long as you work out you can play with youth.

i like that. you couldnt really see how much the colors match in the other pics. nice job.

I just dont see the reason behind putting SVT on your mark. You dont see cobra owners putting mark viii and lincoln emblems on their cars. I didnt try to put anybody down nor am I trying.

driller said:
Back on topic... found a slightly better pic...

1528.jpg

Wow I think it looks great with the body color background, I will be stealing your idea when I get my Mark painted :D

MarkVIII93 said:
I just dont see the reason behind putting SVT on your mark. You dont see cobra owners putting mark viii and lincoln emblems on their cars. I didnt try to put anybody down nor am I trying.

im not trying to start something just stating my opinion. no if i owned a cobra i wouldnt put a lincoln emblem on my car. i also wouldnt put a mustang emblem on my mark. the svt badge isnt just for cobras. many cars have that title, focus, contour, cobra, mustang cobra. it stands for "special vehicle team" im not killing the look of the car, having that tag there. im just making a point of what it has under the hood, since not alot of ppl have heard of a mark viii. and if they dont believe it (like a thunderbird with a v-tech type r emblem... yes i saw one) then all i have to do is prove it at the next stop light.

4.6powa said:
im not trying to start something just stating my opinion. no if i owned a cobra i wouldnt put a lincoln emblem on my car. i also wouldnt put a mustang emblem on my mark. the svt badge isnt just for cobras. many cars have that title, focus, contour, cobra, mustang cobra. it stands for "special vehicle team" im not killing the look of the car, having that tag there. im just making a point of what it has under the hood, since not alot of ppl have heard of a mark viii. and if they dont believe it (like a thunderbird with a v-tech type r emblem... yes i saw one) then all i have to do is prove it at the next stop light.
Yeah...:) I know what svt stands for. I know that there are a few svt vehicles. Last night for the first time somebody actually said "so you have the 4 valve motor right? like the cobra?" I was also just stating my opinion. I wouldnt do it. But I guess I dont have much of a problem with others doing it. Its cool.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back