Some decient pics of the new beater.

Some minor stuff. It already has a complete Dinan suspension. Everything on it is close to new as well. Just have to do tensioners which is a $200 job and will take me about an hour. They are easy access on these cars. When the brakes wear out (new in front, 50% in rear) I will do some EBC pads and rotors. Gonna cut the mufflers off as well because out of all I have heard the muffle delete sounds way better then the $1500+ exhausts made for the car. It MAY get a Dinan ECU/TCU tune way way in the future.
Other then that I just ordered an M style wing but better lines for the 7 series, clear corners with silver bulbs, gauge rings, Infinity Basslink II (stock subs are a joke) and prolly order a Dice media bridge so I can hook my phone and USB drive to the cars factory system.
Other then those mods the car wont get anything else done to it. Its purpose is a comfy daily driver.

Cool. For pads we stay away from EBC on the LS side.

Hawk or stoptech seem like some better choices. And is that stock ride height? Theres almost no wheel gap at all but most 740's ive seen sit that low from a quick glance. I hate my wheel gap just waiting on these damn coilovers to get finished.

Cool. For pads we stay away from EBC on the LS side.

Hawk or stoptech seem like some better choices. And is that stock ride height? Theres almost no wheel gap at all but most 740's ive seen sit that low from a quick glance. I hate my wheel gap just waiting on these damn coilovers to get finished.
EBC rocks in all their pads, dont know why there would be a problem with LS people. Unless you guys bitch that the reds or yellows make noise, cause they make it on all cars. Or that the greens are only a little better then parts store parts cause really they are only a little better then parts stocre ceramics but they are damn good pads.

As for height, the car has a Stage 2 Dinan supsension on it and that drops it down a little.

EBC rocks in all their pads, dont know why there would be a problem with LS people. Unless you guys bitch that the reds or yellows make noise, cause they make it on all cars. Or that the greens are only a little better then parts store parts cause really they are only a little better then parts stocre ceramics but they are damn good pads.

As for height, the car has a Stage 2 Dinan supsension on it and that drops it down a little.

Several members have had issues with them.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=73277&highlight=ebc+pads

Theres some other threads too. I have posi-quiet cermaics on my d&s rotors and they are noisy but have no dust. I think id rather have the dust back to be honest.

Beautiful car Laser! Is the color the famous Anthracite Gray? BMW has a new Singapore Gray that looks similar. Very nice Laser!!

IMGP0002.jpg

IMGP0003.jpg

i should get my mark looked at for real? i never thought 262, 264 for a full tank was an issue. what could it be?

why would i only be getting in the low to mid 260s for a full tank?

why would i only be getting in the low to mid 260s for a full tank?
Dunno, make a thread. Thats all most people get that do a lot of city driving. Should also note my 740i has a much larger gas tank. Car only averages 21mpg. My engine is only 30 hp more and is smaller moving a similar weight vehicle.

My car does 99% city driving so that would most likely be it? The car runs like a champ. It used to be a lot of highway driving until my dad gave it to me, i average between 13-16 mpg city, and when we go to jersey( i can't drive out of new york, only got a permit so my dad drives) he gets anywhere from 26-29 mpg at around 60-75 mph.

Have you noticed the "Post new thread" button?

So I took it for some nice pics to show the wide tires and new clear corners and when I got home the wing was there. LOL So a couple shots in front of the house to show how the wing turned out. :)

IMGP0013-1.jpg

IMGP0011-1.jpg

aaaa.jpg

IMGP00072.jpg

IMGP0003-1.jpg

IMGP0002-1.jpg

IMGP0004.jpg

Just wanted a better shot of the smoked corners and wing.

Im such a whore. :p

IMGP2380.jpg

IMGP2382.jpg

IMGP2385.jpg

IMGP2387.jpg

IMGP2390.jpg

So how is it to not be on your back to take those pictures now Bill?

The car looks freaking awesome I myself would do something like that but don't know crap about them so it keeps me away.

So how is it to not be on your back to take those pictures now Bill?

The car looks freaking awesome I myself would do something like that but don't know crap about them so it keeps me away.
Great to not be on my back for money. :D

Seriously though, dropping a Mark motor is easier on the ground then with a lift. :lol:

IMG_20120308_084454.jpg

Did another upgrade today. Got rid of the crap stock subs, turns out two were blown anyway.

Infinity Basslink II-Z

IMGP0005.jpg

IMGP0006-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back