Some decient pics of the new beater.

ye bastard.
Did some old lady give it to you for taking care of her needs?
Love ya Bill!

Holy poopies, you're alive! :lol:

Anywho, installed the bass knob in a proper location today.

IMGP0004-1.jpg

You can connect Ipod with a Dice unit and also i think the E39 M5 steering gearbox fits these and will make a hug difference in sharpness.

Thats a really nice example, short version in V8 and sport is the best one i think. Colors are great and the oem wheels look fantastic. I am not sure about the lip spoiler though.

Enjoy that beautiful car.

You can connect Ipod with a Dice unit and also i think the E39 M5 steering gearbox fits these and will make a hug difference in sharpness.

Thats a really nice example, short version in V8 and sport is the best one i think. Colors are great and the oem wheels look fantastic. I am not sure about the lip spoiler though.

Enjoy that beautiful car.
Yeah I want a Dice unit but havent wanted to drop the coin on it. I will never get an iAnything but it can bluetooth link to my phone and play off a USB drive and thats fine with me.
Hopefully Sapperfire will get me one for my birfday. :)
Bill you dropped $16k on that??? :eek:

Where do you get these numbers?

Black chromed the grill today.

How did you go about doing that? Did you use a tint type film on it? or just rechromed? It looks awsome, I'd like to see someone do this to the trim on a mark viii, especially a 1st gen, those front ends have way too much chrome in stock form IMO.

Its a spray for chrome that makes it smoked. Did three coats and three coats of clear on them. As for doing it on a Mark......... just gonna have to see about that. :D

Well the Bimmer was fun but I sold it. Was a great car, one of the best I ever had but I never use it and it was a large chunk of cash just sitting in my garrage.

But all is not lost, got something faster. :D

IMGP0009-6.jpg

Mine is black on oatmeal. Its also the body right before that one.

1998%20Jaguar%20XJR.JPG

jaguar-xjr-interior-3_207.jpg

Thats not mine mind you. I dont have any pics yet. Its still sitting on my lift waiting for parts to be installed. Needed a little love. But body is nice (few dings) paint is near perfect (needs a couple spots wet sanded) and the engine/trans are spectacular. Runs like a raped ape. Just ordered a supercharger pulley and CAI for it. Cut the rear most mufflers off today too. Just a tad louder but still very civilized. :)

LMAO....you picked up an XJR?

You realize these have the same issues as the LS right?

Same engine design but its a 4.2L instead of a 3.9L and of course the SC.

I hope previous owner changed out the plastic timing chain tensioners with the updated metal ones.

LMAO....you picked up an XJR?

You realize these have the same issues as the LS right?

Same engine design but its a 4.2L instead of a 3.9L and of course the SC.

I hope previous owner changed out the plastic timing chain tensioners with the updated metal ones.
I find your lack of faith disturbing. They dont have ANY of the LS issues. The 97-03 XJR has a 5 star reliability and build quality rating. I know Jag techs and they say they are very stout cars. Their issues are tensioners (as mentioned but also replaced), shock mounts (on order), wheel bearings (being installed now) and throttle body motors but this one has a new number on its installed one so I guess that was updated.
Also the engine is a 4.0 and shares little with the LS motor other then basic archetecture. The LS is like an S type 4.0 motor.

Anywho, cleaned its engine. :D

engine.jpg

Nice. I've always been a fan of the big Jags. My uncle used to have a late 70's XJ12. He used to like to open the hood and sit a Coke bottle on the intake and start the engine. The bottle never fell off. Loved that car. Too bad Jag doesn't do V-12's anymore.

Love the Jag...but, honestly, I liked the Bimmer better:D

They are badass cars indeed but they still have some issues. Not saying i wouldint own one...i would love an 07 XJR.

Its the same design regardless they are all AJV8 motors and very similar internally. Those valve covers look plastic just like the LS ones and i would pop off the coil covers and look to see if theres any oil in the plug wells. These motors are known to kill coils.

But yes if you get a chance take a look at the tensioners. I dont know how the cooling system holds up but if its the plastic stuff i would try and change it all out too. And also look at the accessory drive and make sure you have all the updated flanged pulleys. The unflanged ones could let the belt slip (happened to me) and the updated ones are metal.

Does yours have the brembo's or were those only on the 04 and up??

Which wheels does it have? USArim has the senta replicas staggered for under a grand. They are 20" wheels and look would look hot on this car.

Well the Bimmer was fun but I sold it. Was a great car, one of the best I ever had but I never use it and it was a large chunk of cash just sitting in my garrage.

But all is not lost, got something faster. :D

Awesome, man. You and I seem to have a very similar taste in vehicles...I should just move down there and pick them up off of you when get done with them! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back