Stock Intake

paulownian said:
The 2003-2006 KKM True-Rev Sport Induction Kit at $134.95 looks like a true deal. My next question is how to get rid of the rest of the ugly plastic tubing that still exists. What's up with that baffle, or whatever it is, in the front? Can't all of this crap be taken off? I would like to have something that just plugs right in and leaves all of that ugly black tubing on the ground after I drive away.
Uh, that is exactly what this is and does? It plugs right in and all the baffles and ugly tubing can be left on the ground.

69-3520TP.jpg

This will definitely fit!

I am getting one. Anyone want to buy my KKM????
Side by side installed:
DSCN0062_375.jpg

kkm.jpg

You are right.
I just like the colour better and is cheaper, I would hope;)
The chrome one looks to fancy for me.

Uncle Vinnie said:
You are right.
I just like the colour better and is cheaper, I would hope;)
The chrome one looks to fancy for me.

The chrome Typhoon is cheaper, but the black plastic one dynoed more power. Funny, I asked if the K&N would fit when I first joined and nobody liked the idea. Now it seems some people are interested. I hope that if someone tries it, it works. I am still interested in it myself. Just can't spend the money with a possible supercharger on the way if things work out for Quick, but if the K&N does work then please post and let me know. A little tip though, if you buy it from Summitracing you can send back for full refund minus shipping if it doesn't work. They have been really good to me about returning items that I couldn't make work or no longer needed

will it fit?

anyone knows if the either intake K&N or KKM will fit the V6? and where can we get a heat shield that would fit the KKM intake? :confused:

Bozz said:
I can understand wanting/needing the shield for at RED lights, or in heavy traffic. Problem is, from reading on this site: inhibiting the airflow at speed might be worse than sucking the hot air at a standstill?

There has been so many people on this site that have used this KKM setup, but all seem to have slightly different opinions of whats the best way from start/finish.

Bozz
Once the car gets moving the incoming airflow would carry any hot air backwards away from the filter. The shield would only block hot air till about 10 mph. After about 20-25 mph any mods would be moot.

linc21806 said:
anyone knows if the either intake K&N or KKM will fit the V6? and where can we get a heat shield that would fit the KKM intake? :confused:
The V6 version of the KKM Induction Kit is coming out this week. I'm taking pre-orders for the KKM kits now. The MAF sensor and housing are different from the V6 and V8 that the K&N version will NOT work on the V6.

I have the KKM intake. Last week we had a few 70 degree days here and the fan kept coming on (its pretty loud). It was only in slow traffic or at stoplights. Never thought much of it till now. The other odd thing about it was I heard an odd sucking sound twice. Should I worry about this?

jwkuipers said:
I have the KKM intake. Last week we had a few 70 degree days here and the fan kept coming on (its pretty loud). It was only in slow traffic or at stoplights. Never thought much of it till now. The other odd thing about it was I heard an odd sucking sound twice. Should I worry about this?
The intake has nothing to do with the fan operation. Are you running the SCT Flasher on your car? The fan on my LS comes on after a little operation due to the temperature setting on the fan from the SCT tune. As for the sucking noise, you may hear it from time to time but you will definitely hear it at WOT.

I was refering to Kelleyo's post here:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=194418&postcount=6

Here is the KKM induction kit for the 2003 and newer. It sounds awesome and definitely helps. he only issue is sitting at a traffic light when the car is hot. Some folks are working on a heat shield. Also you will notice I did not remove the resonator/barnacle in the front. These chambers were put there to quiet the intake. There is no real difference if you remove them.

So sucking in hot air does not trigger the fan?

I heard the sucking sound while I was going around 40MPH. I pulled over and it continued. I shut the car off for a few minutes, then turned it back on. It was fine after that. The 2nd time I heard it I just kept going. No warning lights either time, so I figured it wasn't anything too bad.

So I called K&N today and got one of their product marketing folks on the line and told them about the fact that the Tbird CAI's would work in 03+ V8 Lincoln LS's.

I even sent them the pictures. Told them that their was a lot larger market with the LS than the Tbird. They seemed real interested...

Kelleyo said:
So I called K&N today and got one of their product marketing folks on the line and told them about the fact that the Tbird CAI's would work in 03+ V8 Lincoln LS's.

I even sent them the pictures. Told them that their was a lot larger market with the LS than the Tbird. They seemed real interested...

Wow, that is very cool. I e-mailed them back in December and they said they could not verify that it would fit, but would keep me posted on any products for the the LS. I haven't heard from them again. Guess they like talking over the phone better. Can't wait to see it installed on your car.

Iancusp said:
can u purchase just the icebox cause thats all i need for my 02 ls
What do you mean by Icebox?

These CAI's are all for the 2003 and newer by the way... There is a different one for the 2002 and older.

well i already haver the pipe and cone for the 02 but i wanted the icebox (the part that blocks the hot air ffrom the engine which officially makes it a COLD AIR intake

i have that im talkin bout the box that surronds the cone to block the heat of the engine

Iancusp said:
Don't think anyone is selling just the shield. I'm dabling with one on my car, I've got a good template made. Have to fix my MarkVIII and get it out of the garage before I dedicate more time to it.

"well i already haver the pipe and cone for the 02 but i wanted the icebox (the part that blocks the hot air ffrom the engine which officially makes it a COLD AIR intake"

Calling a 90 degree piece of plastic an "icebox" is getting a little out of hand now.

My design doesn't resemble that unit at all. Its not made of plastic. And I don't call it a ice box.
Fla02LS
Why do you think most of these aftermarket cold air kits have some sort of shield to shroud the filter fror engine heat?

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Why do you think most of these aftermarket cold air kits have some sort of shield to shroud the filter fror engine heat?
Why? To charge you guys for about $80 more in plastic, and it looks cool right ? I dont doubt that while sitting at a redlight the "shield" might help block some direct heat, but at idle....who cares. Once your going past 5-10 mph any engine heat is carried back and away from the intake filter. Next time you have things apart under the hood of your LS really look at things. Look at the plastic molding, the insulation on the hood, the grill. The car is engineered with a specific airflow in the grill and thru the engine compartment.

Trump says "YOUR FIRED". That isn't true, its there because its functional. A business will not typically build in useless features to charge more as charging more usaully results in less people buying. And if people find it to be a useless feature, then nobody will buy the item at all. I am the first to agree the LSE under hood circulation is alot better than most cars, but at low speeds that circulation is alot less if not at all. Most races start from a stop, why should the first breath be a hot one. Hard to turn your best time in the 1/4 with a crappy 60'. I don't intend to get HP from this, just consistent HP. Worked extremely well on my MarkVIII.

Members online

No members online now.
Back