Supercharged Ls V8

rocket5979 said:
You know whats the funny thing, I didn't notice any air assist crap when taking a look at my injectors on the 05. It must have been something they changed when going to the 03's.

correct the 03+ use a 3W43-9F593-AB injector - no air assist.

FJ82211177.jpg

Ok - here's what I have been able to find on the stock injectors:

Ford XW43-9F593-CA
Ford XW4Z 9F593 CA
Motorcraft CM4934
Standard FJ297
Airtex 4G1234
Delphi FJ10533

12 ohm coil with the following flow rates:

Dynamic (2.5ms @ 100Hz): 25.32 g/min 32.88 cc/sec
Static (10ms @ 100Hz): 173.14 g/min 224.85 cc/min

if I am doing my math right -- 224.85 cc/min/10.5 = 21.45 lb hr.

I am new here and just recently got my ls this week and i have always wanted my car to be unique from everyone else in my area, so putting a sc on it is amazingly unique lol i have an amazing amount of respect for you being able to do all that and i think that you car looks amazing too. Do you think once you have finished everything and the car is completely done that you/that other person you mentioned (sorry forgot the name) will be making a kit that includes all parts needed to do this job so i can just buy it and pay someone around my area to do it to my car? Thanks in advance and good luck on getting everything else to work.

thanx

Right - the plan is to make these a kit.

the fabrication pieces (manifold, cooling piping, belt brackets, ...)
the cooling hoses
the vacuum lines
new belt
the various mounting brackets
new injectors (if needed)
performance tune (SCT XCal2 if needed)
the various SC (M90, inlet/outlet plenums) pieces (if needed)
the throttle body / TPS / IAC valve plate (if needed)

first I have to get one working.... ;)

Quik LS said:
Ok - here's what I have been able to find on the stock injectors:

Ford XW43-9F593-CA
Ford XW4Z 9F593 CA
Motorcraft CM4934
Standard FJ297
Airtex 4G1234
Delphi FJ10533

12 ohm coil with the following flow rates:

Dynamic (2.5ms @ 100Hz): 25.32 g/min 32.88 cc/sec
Static (10ms @ 100Hz): 173.14 g/min 224.85 cc/min

if I am doing my math right -- 224.85 cc/min/10.5 = 21.45 lb hr.

Quik...what's the application for those? I don't know of a Ford 21 lb injector. But I'm sure there are so many applications out there that they do in fact exist. There are also a lot of 24 lb options. I'm not sure what the LS currently has, but I would have guessed 19 lbs. 21 is not much of an increase. As a matter of fact, when I think about it, for the 6 lbs of boost you are going to try, you may want to try the stock injectors and datalog the a/f ratio along with the injector dwell while on the dyno and see where you're at. But I agree...you are pushing the envelope of the stock injection system.

those are the actual stock 00-02 LS, 02 T-bird V8 injectors.

I am going to start with a set of 05 Mustang GT 24lbs injectors - should have them be the weekend....

To your knowledge, what would be easier to install the setup on. A 00-02 or 03+?

very little difference. The belt will be shorter on the 03+ since there is no fan pump. I bet the injectors will need to be upgraded on either model year.

otherwise - all the same.

Quik LS said:
very little difference. The belt will be shorter on the 03+ since there is no fan pump. I bet the injectors will need to be upgraded on either model year.

otherwise - all the same.

Yeah definately bigger injectors, even with 6 psi. Some 32's would be about perfect depending on how much you would want to grow after that. That is if you have the money coming out your butt that it would take to pay a company like Oliver to make custom connecting rods, not to mention having to replace the pistons themselves. hehe. With a good dynotune stock Cobra 39's would be a good option too like 2001LS8 said.

I got 42's in my truck making close to 400 to the wheels and with the tune and new MAS it idles and drives like stock.

rocket5979 said:
Yeah definately bigger injectors, even with 6 psi. Some 32's would be about perfect depending on how much you would want to grow after that. That is if you have the money coming out your butt that it would take to pay a company like Oliver to make custom connecting rods, not to mention having to replace the pistons themselves. hehe. With a good dynotune stock Cobra 39's would be a good option too like 2001LS8 said.

I got 42's in my truck making close to 400 to the wheels and with the tune and new MAS it idles and drives like stock.

Rocket...are those Cobra injectors you're using? The reason I ask is a lot of guys claim those to be 42 lbs instead of 39 lbs.

just checked back in on the progress, still excited to see the results qwik... definitly glad to see others using a lm-1/lc-1 meter to tune also... what a great product... now i'm tired and hungry but it would seem to me that an adjustable fmu would provide plenty of fuel enrichment on 6psi.... works great on the procharger stuff i do... the sct x-cal can pull global spark out if needed right?... course' i could be smokin' glue....check in later to see what you come up with....gotta finish the turbocharger setup on my ranger 4.0l....

2001LS8Sport said:
Rocket...are those Cobra injectors you're using? The reason I ask is a lot of guys claim those to be 42 lbs instead of 39 lbs.

Nope, the ones I am running are 42's. Green tops and different harness clips. I had originally had them for a supercharged 5.0 project a few years ago.

Putter-GLHT said:
Are you using 4valve heads on your explorer? ^

Nope, still got the 2 v heads on there. Just running a prototyped Kenne Bell 2.2 kit on it.

This weekends update....

I was actually in town for the entire weekend.

I pulled the SC off the car, removed the manifold and swapped the injectors.

It sure is nice to be able to pull the manifold off without draining the rad!

The pics below show the car wide open - yet again.

The stock 'air-assist' injectors beside the new 2005 Mustang GT injectors.

and the assembled manfold.

I'll put it all together with week and hopefully it ill run much better now that we eliminated the vacuum leak.

engine bay open v2 (small).jpg

injectors comparo (small).jpg

manifold after new injectors (small).jpg

Looks good so far. Keep me updated, if this is a kit that becomes available I will DEFIENTLY have to pick one up.

So are we going to have to wait for the heads and cam to be installed or are you going to finish thi first? Either way i will be happy. I just want the blower.

HyeLifeLS said:
Nice work Quik, sounds pretty smooth, how it runs??

He probably hasnt gotten it on the dyno to really tune it yet. I am willing to bet he is playing it safe till then. I know I did. I'm too cheap to fork out money to fix what would have been a perfectly good stock shortblock.

Members online

No members online now.
Back