Supercharged Ls V8

Quik LS said:
80hp or so... not sure how much on the stock injectors until we have it running clean. Then I may swap up on injectors and see where is goes. The SVC guys claimed they had their LS mule at 400hp.

Yea, but the car never ran right. It pinged like crazy. They kept blaming that on the last guy that filled it using regular gas. AFAIK, they still haven't got the thing running right. Something about the pcm.......

PGA2B said:
But aren't the SVC guys using an MP112?

that is not a difference for the hoursepower gain - since we are both running very low boost - not nearly what the M90 or M112 can really produce. I suspect they went to an M112 to get a larger output port footprint - since their prototype is mounted to blow directly into the manifold, they wanted to make sure they would get equal pressure across all the ports and needed a larger SC with a larger base output port.

Maybe if we quit bugging him, Lou would actually have the time to complete the project rather than keeping us updated every time he turns a bolt on the thing. Let the guy work on his car... he'll let us know.

- sorry - been traveling. The company I worked for has been on a aquisition path - double the # of employees, doubled # of campuses and doubled the revenue in less the 6 months.....

needless to say my IT team has been busy with integration.

I should be home this weekend (fingerscrossed) and will work on it.

thanx Mike...

01lssport said:
I would be willing to take a trip to Austin to see this in person once it's complete, gotta here it in person. We should plan a to meet around this one!

yes, quik when finished i will bring my rinky-dink 6 from arkansas to see this sweet sc8, bravo, bravo indeed

yeah imagine what an aftermarket warranty company would do if they opened the hood on this car when investigating a claim..

lmfao

:D :eek: :N :lol: :facesjump

jokken said:
yeah imagine what an aftermarket warranty company would do if they opened the hood on this car when investigating a claim..

lmfao

:D :eek: :N :lol: :facesjump

Meh, just tell em its stock. lol. With the engine cover they wont even notice. ;) :D

Why this thread has not become "sticky" is beyond me.

It should be mandatory reading for any new member before they ask the dreaded "is there an SC for the LS?" question.

i havent been around the forum lately because i havent even had my ls but every weekend i check this thread to see the progress. Anything new happening?

This is the thread that got me to sign up to this forum. Simply amazing work, Quick. This is more than I ever intend on doing to my '04, admittedly, but I am in awe of your ingenuity, and am thrilled to see you sharing your progress with us.

I look forward to hearing an update, when you have one.

Best,

--The Clown to the Left.

Hey Quik whats the update bud. Its been a few months now. I hope work isn't pulling you away from the car often enough to cause you to delay finishing it up this long! ;)

Sorry guys - I haven't been checking this thread....

I have the car running - un-tuned.

I am now swapping out the stock injectors.

The LS uses a Delphi FJ10533 injector - crazy 'air assisted' design - that the stock intake manifold has an 'air-rail' half way up the injector bung. There is a line from the intake to the air rail. The idea is that each time the injector fires it mix some additional air into the mix providing better atomization of the spray.

The manifold we made does not use the air rail - so I'll dump the air assisted injectors since all it will do is cause a huge vacuum leak for me.

I am going to try to take Friday off - and put a couple of days into the car.

FJ10533a_Primary_Large_Image.jpg

FJ10533b_Side_Image.jpg

Quik LS said:
Sorry guys - I haven't been checking this thread....

I have the car running - un-tuned.

I am now swapping out the stock injectors.

The LS uses a Delphi FJ10533 injector - crazy 'air assisted' design - that the stock intake manifold has an 'air-rail' half way up the injector bung. There is a line from the intake to the air rail. The idea is that each time the injector fires it mix some additional air into the mix providing better atomization of the spray.

The manifold we made does not use the air rail - so I'll dump the air assisted injectors since all it will do is cause a huge vacuum leak for me.

I am going to try to take Friday off - and put a couple of days into the car.

Shouldn't be too bad to tune. You might not have to worry as much as your thinking with the air assisted injectors. They are pulling already metered air from the intake before the charger but after the MAS so its air already accounted for. All it is doing is giving it extra time to mix. You might not be as far off the tuning mark as you originally thought with the air/fuel pre-mix setup swap. As you already know dynotuning with a wideband will be the best/only way to dial it all back in perfect.

Quik LS said:
yep -like you I have my LC-1 ready to go http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

I am hooking it up to my XCal2 then using the XCal2 as my datalogger with LiveLink. Pretty cool to have it as a all-in-one.

You aren't kidding bro. Best thing that some of these chip/flasher manufacturers could have done (new gen predator/ SCT Xcal2).

The LC-1 is a great meter, especially when you factor in price. I was looking at a few others, but the LC-1 combined with the Xcal2 does everything I need it to do without all the extra crap. Great price!

I will also be receiving my PRP here soon too so that should be fun to explore Advantage 3.0. It will sure be nice to be able to tune my own car from the ground up without having to rely upon someone else for any kind of assistance (aka waiting 3 weeks for a tune that works ok).

Take care and I hope to see a video of that thing soon. Hopefully by next week I will be able to post a video of the Kenne Bell Explorer finally tuned. I am really looking forward to seeing a video of your LS doing a nice long smokey staging burnout. Should be quite a show.

Quik...what injector are you using? On our Cobras, we usually go to a 60 lb injector (39 lb is stock) but we have to use harness adapters to make them fit the factory harness. I'm wondering if the 39 lb injector would fit the LS harness? If so, there are a ton of those around cheap and they would be plenty for your application.

2001LS8Sport said:
Quik...what injector are you using? On our Cobras, we usually go to a 60 lb injector (39 lb is stock) but we have to use harness adapters to make them fit the factory harness. I'm wondering if the 39 lb injector would fit the LS harness? If so, there are a ton of those around cheap and they would be plenty for your application.

Good point 2001ls8sport, I would think it should be the same clip. Just like the picture above. You know whats the funny thing, I didn't notice any air assist crap when taking a look at my injectors on the 05. It must have been something they changed when going to the 03's.

Members online

Back