The Mark on the TV Show Pass Time

Thanks again, Everyone. :) It was a cool experience, and even though the driver screwed up, I am still looking forward to the show. :)

lol No doubt JP. :) I decided last year that I was done chasing et's, and to neuter the car and just have fun with it driving it right off the street onto the track. No trailer queen or track car here :) Since the car will see the track 2-4 times a year, I am good with my 1.8 60's on street tires. Maybe the DR's will bring it down into the 1.7's... ;)

When your Mark is putting down over twice the rwhp as a stock Mark, please let me know how your Mark does at the track. I am anxious to hear how it goes for you. Thanks. :)

Hey man I seen your car on Pass Time tonight, looked Sweet.. but I know that thing can run better, but not bad man.. I waited a while to see that thing and there it was tonight haha.. just thought I would let you know man.. later

just saw it thiat is one of the best pass times i have seen alot of nice cars tonight congrats on making on the show. What about that marauder it was crazy fast

Well when you wonder how many people are watchin the show hell theres 4 right now lol

Crap! I didnt get to see it. I see Pass Time is on again in an hour and a half. Is it the same one from Concord, NC?
I am gonna set my DVR to record the two on tonight in hopes one is it.

Thanks, Guys :) I think it is going to air again tomorrow morning at 9:30am. The Marauder is owned by a good friend of mine Steve, and Aric that built my car is on the episode too driving the black GT 500 that was all over the track.

lol 14.1@110mph... The traction control worked purdy good, eh?

Crap! I didnt get to see it. I see Pass Time is on again in an hour and a half. Is it the same one from Concord, NC?
I am gonna set my DVR to record the two on tonight in hopes one is it.

i wasnt payin attention to which track, i just heard mark viii and whipped around lol, but if/when they replay the 2 episodes back to back its the second one

Thanks, Guys :) I think it is going to air again tomorrow morning at 9:30am. The Marauder is owned by a good friend of mine Steve, and Aric that built my car is on the episode too driving the black GT 500 that was all over the track.

lol 14.1@110mph... The traction control worked purdy good, eh?

i just loved kens comment lol "how often do you see someone getting in a mark with a helmet!?" in a good way

If its the episode thats on tomorrow morning then it will be on in 13 minutes as well. I am going to DVR it but have no clue if I can transfer DVR to my PC.

Yeah, the first one tomorrow is the one thats on now. The second one thats on is proly it. It will also be on at 12:30 central time tonight. I have the DVR set to go. :D

DVR'd it and watched it this morning. The car was looking great Mike! That one guy would have been close if you ran like you have before, he guessed 11.75.

yea someone post on youtube plz i really wanna see it but missed it this morning:(

Thanks, Guys :) The car probably would have run a low-mid 12 without the traction control on. That is where it usually ends up during the warmer months with street tires launching off idle.

I will be adding a MSD 2 step, and 18" MT DR's on the Boze rims when the Toyo's wear out. I was going to have some drag wheels made, but changed my mind when I decided to have the car neutered with the big pulley, less timing, and keeping the current fuel delivery/lines and concentrate on the short times to make up the difference.

Hopefully, the DR's will bite when the thing is launched at around 3k. Should get the car somewhere back in the 11's if they hook by picking up 2-4 10ths in the 60'. The street tires light up anywhere beyond 1k on the launch. lol not really using that big stall tc the way it was designed at the moment. It is a pooch off the line with the 1.8-9 60's :)

Man that Marauder really shocked me! That car is nuts! I would so love to have that kind of power in my Mark but realistically dont see myself dropping that kind of coin on it. :(

Here is a link to part of the episode.

Well, at least two of the guys knew you were in big trouble when one asked what kind of rears you had on and you replied 'street'.

Appears you must have spun pretty bad around the 60 ft mark.

Yep, had a decent mph for a 12 something run, but the 14.1 definitely screams a couple seconds of nothing moving forward.

Here is a HD copy of my run, thanks to my MM buddy, Chris :)

YouTube - 20090901221202

Just saw the Pass Time rerun last night on Speed TV. I never knew this thread existed until now. I was talking to Jamie on AIM when it was on and I told him there was a Mark VIII that was about to run. I think he had his mind somewhere else but I started looking at it closer and knew that was Mikes car when I saw the engine and the rims.

I was really expecting to see an 11 to 12 sec run and when I seen the 14.16, I didn't know what happened. No matter what the time was, it still looked damn good setting there and I don't even like Gen II's but it's hard not to like that one. 47" screen in HD, it looked good. If only Aric would have left the tune alone, since you did have a much better time during the day. I guess he had reasons to mess with it. Either way, you made TV time for all to see. I also saw Aric in the black GT and that thing was out of control and I really hated seeing the last car estimated in the 6 sec range hit the wall. His front end was up all the way down the track. Might of helped if he would have had some steering lol but it was a quick one until the wall came up.

Just thought I would let you know it aired again last night. Maybe someone else on here seen it or for the 2nd time seen it again. Now we just need someone with a quick Gen 1 to get up there or it might be better to keep them as they are, SLEEPERS! If someone does get back on, would you please do a hellacious burnout. Make the guessers choke on the smoke. :)

Thanks. I left the traction control and over drive on, so the car did what it was supposed to do with the tc on - a huge nose dive killing the power to the wheels at the launch when the wheels started to spin. It recovered and moved along, but the et was already toast by then.

This is what it does when the tc and od are turned off, and some MT ET Streets inner tube bias ply DOT slicks on Marauder steel rims are on the car. Still had some spin, and the tires were rubbing on the sway bar this pass at SSHS8.

SSHS8 The Mark 11.751@120.80 - Car Videos on StreetFire

Members online

No members online now.
Back