The Mark on the TV Show Pass Time

Nope. That is the PI 3800 triple disc torque converter locking up. Aric was trying to keep it unlocked through the whole run, because when it locks, it takes the motor farther away from the power band.

This car needs to spin 7000 rpms for the 17 psi of boost, so the longer it stays near 7k, the better it will run. The car pulls like an animal in third until the tc locks up. It still pulls great with it locked, but I think I am leaving a little on the table.

Aric had JW look at the lock-up and trans tune, and that is about as good as it will get when WOT.

Hmmmm....

I guess I am just a little confused.. Burbank runs 10's with less?

No offense to you or the amount of immaculate work done to your car but I am heading down a similar path and wondering...

Either way you have a great Mark Mike... :D

Hmmmm....

I am heading down a similar path and wondering...

isn't one of the cars Vortech and the other Roots blown?

Neither are similar paths, which are you heading down?
lol

Hmmmm....

No offense to you or the amount of immaculate work done to your car but I am heading down a similar path and wondering...

Either way you have a great Mark Mike... :D

Thanks. lol Less what? :) There are so many different things between the two cars. Obviously, my car is not set up for the track. But believe me, if being in the 10's was my goal, I would already be there. ;)

Are you building a motor, or keeping the stock block with the Vortech?

I remember the last video run you have posted Mike. That was a nice pass. If I remember correctly, Aric fixed the tire rubbing issue with the sway bar since then didn't he? When I watched it last night, I saw the estimated times from the three guys and one of them just about had it on the money if you had been using the same tire setup as you have in the last vid pass. I could tell right off the jump that it was like it bogged down on you and then it shot off. No matter the time, it was still good to see the Mark hit the screen. Had a nice looking stance to it. The rear tires with the new rim setup fits up in there like a glove. Looks like you have no room to come out at all and I know with the sway bar, you have no room to go in because of the rims you had made for it. It all looked good. Now you need to get it on "Pinks" lol.

I dont care what he ran. His Mark is hands down my favorite Mark and if I had the cash mine would be his clone. Love the wheels, tires, brakes, engine etc etc. I never cared for that color befor eaither but with those wheels it just looks.... sexy!
faphf6.gif

I dont care what he ran. His Mark is hands down my favorite Mark and if I had the cash mine would be his clone. Love the wheels, tires, brakes, engine etc etc. I never cared for that color befor eaither but with those wheels it just looks.... sexy!
faphf6.gif

I've had the chance to see his car up close at the SSHS events in Georgia. His car is definitely top notch.

:Beer

Thanks. lol Less what? :) There are so many different things between the two cars. Obviously, my car is not set up for the track. But believe me, if being in the 10's was my goal, I would already be there. ;)

Are you building a motor, or keeping the stock block with the Vortech?

I guess we come from different mind sets... I do appreciate the attention to detail you have on your car... the one off wheels and the brembo are pure sex...

But why NOT be in the tens? :D

I was planning on trying to blow up the stock block then switch to a forged assembly... Lots of details still to work out. I'm sure I'll keep everyone but Ford Nut posted

isn't one of the cars Vortech and the other Roots blown?

Neither are similar paths, which are you heading down?
lol
ARRRGGGHHH... ya got me Tommy :p

All of the above that were mentioned (Burbank, Mike's) are vorteched...

I'm looking at my V2SQ which are the same head units that both of them are running I believe...

Mike is an FMIC A2A and Burbank is Chemical (Meth)

Correct me if I am wrong!

Kid and I have TONS of plans, just need a few more $$$ for the execution...

I guess we come from different mind sets... I do appreciate the attention to detail you have on your car... the one off wheels and the brembo are pure sex...

I was planning on trying to blow up the stock block then switch to a forged assembly... Lots of details still to work out. I'm sure I'll keep everyone but Ford Nut posted

Thanks again, everyone. :)

My main reason why 11.5's are fine by me - I would have to turn the car into more or less a dedicated looking drag car to comply with the safety rules of the NHRA. Sorry, no roll bars, cages, or 5 point belts will go in that car for a couple runs down the track in a year's time.

The NHRA tracks around here that I race at will give you the boot if you try and run faster than 11.5 without a roll bar/cage. lol Burbank would probably get a lifetime ban from Atlanta Dragway :) Hell, I got the boot for the battery not being tied down properly many years ago when I first took The Mark to the track - in a 15 second car no less.

Last I read, Burbank was running a s-trim. After my second s-trim failure, my third head unit is now a under-spun 3.33 pulley HD ceramic coated bearing t-trim.

Good luck blowing up your motor - I think :shifty: lol The best I could do with my stock block - I managed to loose some compression in one cylinder after racing at SSHS7. The motor in the car now is a forged 5.0 stroker with the block, heads, and cams from a 96-98 Cobra.

DSC01448.jpg

To the people who have not seen this
thanks, im one of the few that hasn't seen it, damn that traction control, still pulls hard even after it fell on its face. should send the guy that says, how many times you seen someone put on a helmet getting into a markviii, some vids of burbanks car

Why don't you go out in the garage and hold the gas to the floor and blow the motor up now?

I can't believe anyone would plan on blowing up there $hit.

Why not just build it for what the stock internals can handle and run it that way until you get the forged short block done????? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back