tint question

stallone 81

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
im planning on getting my car tinted next week i really want it to be dark i want 5% but i have black interior and feel it might be too dark but 20 is too light lol can someone post pics of there cars if they got 5% OR 20% with black interior thanks

I haven't got it finished yet, but I'm doing 20%.. It looks damn good. If your going to be driving your car at night, 5% is really hard to see through..

is it really that hard to see at night lol some people say yes some people say no idk

5% all around black/black. The only time it is difficult is when backing up in a non-lit area. Like if it was totally dark and there was no parking lot lights or something. But I just roll down the window and use my side mirrors and parking assist to help me out.

It is worth it. Trust me. Do it!!

18361_719860157482_17128130_40015459_1471272_n.jpg

Well black on black looks damn good too! I have a green car so 5% (at least in my opinion) wouldn't look good on my car.. But I see yours is black so the darker you go, the better it will look.. You will have smooth transitions which make everything all good! :D

5% is great on a car.... One of old cars was really dark maroon on black and i was in the devils armpit otherwise known as Houston and it helped keep it cooler...

5% all around black/black. The only time it is difficult is when backing up in a non-lit area. Like if it was totally dark and there was no parking lot lights or something. But I just roll down the window and use my side mirrors and parking assist to help me out.

It is worth it. Trust me. Do it!!

18361_719860157482_17128130_40015459_1471272_n.jpg

I agree with everything you said. Mine meters at 11% and I kinda wish it was alittle darker. I was thinking about tinting the back window darker or tinting my whole windshield. Looks good that black on black all blacked out.

Hey OP, go with the 5%

Make sure you are legal in your area, the installer should know the law. We here of members getting puled over, fined, and having to remove their tint all the time on this forum.

i got 20%....and i love 'em! ...you cant see in during the day unless i got the sunroof open, and they r plenty dark - i still can see ok at night, but it took some getting used to. they read 17% on a window meter [so the cop said] lol ...got 3 tickets for 'em, but i l aint takin them off!...:D

P.S. - i have the grey interior :cool:

Damn your LS has always been one of my favorites LILS. That crisp silver with the dark tint is just pure secks

I have 5% in the rears andd 20 in the fronts and now 50 in the windshield. 20 wasn't that dark since a lot of light came in through the windshield to lighten it up but now it looks darker with the windshield tinted.

Front doors 5% and the rear doors and back window are 1%. Can't see in. Barely see out. Notice in the second picture. You can see through the front windshield, but not the windows.

LS 192.jpg

LS 197.jpg

heres a pic of 5% in the back and 35% in the front, but of course i wanted darker in the front so went up to 20 and got pulled over and got fined and he forced me to take it of right there :mad:

it definately looks darker then 35 in the front though but it is lol

Lincoln LS.jpg

damm thanx guys i think im gona go with the 5s they looks real nice and dark during the day and even darker at night i just i hope i dont get too many tickets

i got 20%....and i love 'em! ...you cant see in during the day unless i got the sunroof open, and they r plenty dark - i still can see ok at night, but it took some getting used to. they read 17% on a window meter [so the cop said] lol ...got 3 tickets for 'em, but i l aint takin them off!...:D

P.S. - i have the grey interior :cool:

Damn! that doesnt look like 20%. I got 20% all around & its nowhere near that dark.

Damn your LS has always been one of my favorites LILS. That crisp silver with the dark tint is just pure secks

thanks! :D

...im glad to see your LS...well now technically an "LSE" :rolleyes:... is back up and running - love the angel eyes BTW...

...if i had someone to wash my car everyday maybe i woulda thought about getting a black LS... lol ...idk how you guys keep them looking so clean

Damn! that doesnt look like 20%. I got 20% all around & its nowhere near that dark.

...alot of people say that :confused: ... when i got them done [at a local shop of course] i told them to put 20% on and that i wanted a charcoal color not a blue or purple look [some of you will understand what i mean].... alot of people ask if i have 5%, and to be honest they do look darker than 20%...

...all i know is when the cop measured them on his window-meter-thing it read 17%... so i officially have no freakin' idea :shifty:

...im glad to see your LS...well now technically an "LSE" :rolleyes:... is back up and running - love the angel eyes BTW...

...if i had someone to wash my car everyday maybe i woulda thought about getting a black LS... lol ...idk how you guys keep them looking so clean

yea it sucks especially bad here in OK. It is extremely windy here all the time. So after I wash it, our evil red dirt dust starts accumulating. I usually wash my LS once a week. Sometimes i will wash it twice if I have time.

But yea I enjoy washing it though lol.

i wish my state didnt have a tint law, anything past 35 they make you goto court and rip it off and pay a fine each time

...correct me if im wrong, but isnt it usually... pay the fine [$60 here in NYS] OR... take 'em off and go to court to plead not guilty...

ive never heard of someone having to take 'em off AND pay the fine :confused:...

if thats the truth - that sucks!

...and yea, here in NYS the legal tint limit is 70% for the front two windows, so basically anything more than factory is illegal :mad:

no what happens is , you goto court, so no matter what your paying the court fine/fee, but from the time you get pulled over you have to have the tint taken off, if you goto court and havent done it you get fined, every time you get a tint ticket it adds up, once you have 3 your license gets suspended, after the first ticket you automatically get a ticket/fine and have to goto court again and prove the tint is off

I have gotten 2 tickets and didn't go to court once. I just had to go to my local police department to get it checked that it was off, he signed the ticket, mailedit in with my 25 dollar court fee and done. I asked the police officer last time if fix-it ticket's went on your record and added up and he said no. I was driving in my mom's expedition and got a fix-it tickect for the right headlight being out. Would be kinda stupid if it added up in your name if it's not even your car.

i work at a truck wash (semi's) and i get free employee washes, even though its a lot of pressure i dont get too close, so i just knock the dirt lose, brush it, and then when i get home a wax it the next day

I have gotten 2 tickets and didn't go to court once. I just had to go to my local police department to get it checked that it was off, he signed the ticket, mailedit in with my 25 dollar court fee and done. I asked the police officer last time if fix-it ticket's went on your record and added up and he said no. I was driving in my mom's expedition and got a fix-it tickect for the right headlight being out. Would be kinda stupid if it added up in your name if it's not even your car.

lol i had to do something like that too, i went to the police station to pay and the bitch said pay the ticket and court costs, i was like but i didnt even goto court yet, she said then go its fine, i was like whatever you :q:q:q:q ill pay the court cost now you broke bit<h jk but something like that, its all about the money

Members online

No members online now.
Back