v6ers read this

daves2000ls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where to find a variety of aftermarket parts for the 3 litre?
i need a new intake manifold, cold air kit, and a new throttle body would be nice, mass air metre, headers, x pipe, and possibly a stroke kit to bring it up to say a 3.5 or 3.6, any ideas, a turbo/supercharger would be key. preferably turbo

didjital| said:
All of your questions are answered by doing some searches. Its a bit much to go and detail it all out in new posts.
:I
Your LS especially with the V6 is never going to be a high performance racer which is what it sounds like your wanting. You bought the wrong car if thats your intention. Your choices are filter, intake tube, pcm flash, exhaust. Enjoy

the only real upgrades ive been able to find are just stock jaguar parts(other than cold air and catback exhaust), pretty much the only thing ill be able to do is an engine swap for the "R" performance engine. i want my car to be an M5 beater, that would be ideal; to prove that american cars are still kings of the highway. its true that the LS v8 is already a 540 beater, why not go after the M5? combine the best of american and british technology to take the best germany has to offer. sounds reasonable from my point ov view. you sir, bought this car for the wrong reason.

The LS will never be an M5 beater! Have you seen the NEW M5? Its a Corvette KILLER! Its got like 500+ HP and costs $90K!

daves2000ls said:
the only real upgrades ive been able to find are just stock jaguar parts(other than cold air and catback exhaust), pretty much the only thing ill be able to do is an engine swap for the "R" performance engine. i want my car to be an M5 beater, that would be ideal; to prove that american cars are still kings of the highway. its true that the LS v8 is already a 540 beater, why not go after the M5? combine the best of american and british technology to take the best germany has to offer. sounds reasonable from my point ov view. you sir, bought this car for the wrong reason.
If you can get your V6 LS to beat an M5 then i'll buy you M5. For the amount that it would take to modify your LS you might as well go by a S-type R. There is a reason there arent many upgrades to the LS, especially the V6. Good luck

yup, i forgot about the new one, with its v10, maybe with the short stroke 351 v10 from the boss351 concept. but only in dreams. and never say never. i intend on never selling my ls and the way i see it i have a lot of time on my hands. as for the corvette, wait for the Z06, 428ci.

daves2000ls said:
yup, i forgot about the new one, with its v10, maybe with the short stroke 351 v10 from the boss351 concept. but only in dreams. and never say never. i intend on never selling my ls and the way i see it i have a lot of time on my hands. as for the corvette, wait for the Z06, 428ci.
I'll give you a break on the 2006 M5, take a 2000 M5 at 400 hp doing 0-60 in under 5 sec. You'll never get a V6 LS to beat that, ever. And that M5 is ten times the car the LS is. Once you start talking about engine swaps in the LS your lookin at the same $$ as an actual M5.

My man, the LS is too far from being a 540i winner, any LS, even 06 V8 you can't compare with a 540i in any performance category, even if some magazine (only one) came up with only 0.01g of grip over the 540i, doesn't mean that that car is gonna win in other categories, such as, braking, accelerating and others. The new LS's 6.42 seconds 0-60 is far behind the 540i's 5.7 second. Man, in this I agree with the FLA02LS, the LS is weak for that stuff, my friend in his 86 mercedes 420sel beats my LS in any accelerating category. Don't get me wrong, I love my LS, it handles amazing and I still think it's one of the most beautiful cars, but as a autobaun stormer it's far off, especially the V6 one.

HyeLifeLS said:
My man, the LS is too far from being a 540i winner, any LS, even 06 V8 you can't compare with a 540i in any performance category, even if some magazine came up with only 0.01g of grip over the 540i, doesn't mean that that car is gonna win in other categories. The new LS's 6.42 seconds 0-60 is far behind the 540i's 5.7 second. Man, in this I agree with the FLA02LS, the LS is weak for that stuff, my friend in his 86 mercedes 420sel beats my LS in any accelerating category. Don't get me wrong, I love my LS, it handles amazing and I still think it's one of the most beautiful cars, but as a autobaun stormer it's far off, especially the V6 one.
:Beer
The LS was built as a 'competitor' to the BMW 5 series, that doesnt exactly mean it surpassed it. I also have to say i love my LS and aside from speed its the best car i have owned to date. I drive alot of miles and its awesome to get into my LS every morning. And yes it doesnt hold up to Maybach standards but its still a luxury filled performance sedan. The 0-60 has only been mentioned because dude wants to create a M5 killer out of a V6 LS. Bumper to bumper the 540 is still a better car. A guy i know has a 760Li...un freakin beleivable car !!

I agree with Fla here- it doesn't beat the 540i in all aspects, but it's a worthy competitor.

I'm trying to find the original motor trend article where they compare directly with the 540, and the LS comes out ahead. that's probably the best source.

captainalias said:
I agree with Fla here- it doesn't beat the 540i in all aspects, but it's a worthy competitor.

I'm trying to find the original motor trend article where they compare directly with the 540, and the LS comes out ahead. that's probably the best source.
If i recall, that comparison was with a V6 LS. Here is the M45 vs. LS V8 http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0305_lsm45/index.html

What's wrong with trying to do something different? So what if you start out with a V6? If the answer to all performance questions was "buy a faster car" then all enthusiasts who have some cash would end up with the same car. BORING! Seems like a challenging project to me. Can it happen easily? No way. That's why it commands respect if it is done.

i got the v6 because it was what i could find used at a dealership, apparently people dont like parting with v8s. i understand why. but, i know that a v6 could never run with a v10 but a v8 can. it may take me 40 years but ill get my ls to do 0-60 in under 4. like i said i have no intention of getting rid of this car. and at the current time i just want some cheap mods. if i did the jag swap, which would be under 20000$, it would come after i graduate in 4 years. and if i dont do that ill keep my lincoln the way it is and pick up one of those new shelbys.

brentalan said:
What's wrong with trying to do something different? So what if you start out with a V6? If the answer to all performance questions was "buy a faster car" then all enthusiasts who have some cash would end up with the same car. BORING! Seems like a challenging project to me. Can it happen easily? No way. That's why it commands respect if it is done.

thanks for the support brent

HyeLifeLS said:

I'm pretty sure there was an in depth article comparing the two, but I can't find it. C&D did a comaprison test among 7 cars, and LS came in 6th?!, although they did have this to say:

"In most track trials, the Lincoln set stellar marks. Although it was wearing all-weather tires, usually thought to be a disadvantage, it outran all but the Benz on the skidpad and topped all in the lane-change test. Very shrewd choices were made in the chassis tuning of this car."

some more:

"The Lincoln's sport-suspension tuning was judged inferior to that offered by BMW. It relishes a good flog down a twisty stretch, but it sacrifices too much ride comfort on the altars of grip and body-motion control. On the other hand, the roadholding grip (0.81 to 0.82 g) remained within 0.01 g of our BMW 328i long-termer, and braking performance ended up in BMW territory at 175 feet from 70 mph. For a lot less money than that BMW, our Lincoln had V-8 power and a manumatic five-speed, but the Lincoln powertrain couldn't overcome the car's 457-pound weight penalty vs. our 328i. At the track, the LS hit 60 mph in 7.4 seconds, trailing the manually shifted Bimmer by 0.9 second when new, a deficit that shrank to 0.6 second after both cars had run up 40,000 miles. Nevertheless, comments calling this the American BMW cropped up throughout the test. "

Members online

Back