Waiting Room

Otterbox makes a decent case for most phones, and they are tough. I have a very clumsy wife due to an auto accident messing up her shoulder, and she sometimes drops things. On concrete. We've put all her phones in Otter Boxes, and they just bounce when they hit. No damage whatsoever.

I used to have an otterbox, but my phablet is already slightly large. with that on it, it was almost too big for most pockets! the thing did protect it pretty darn well to a lot of pretty reckless drops...

Do you actually expect the Note 4 to get Marshmallow? I haven't kept up with when updates come out, being I was stuck on 4.1 for so long. The 4 came out Sept 2014,

I do think it will, but just like Lollipop, it probably wont be till sometime in the late spring or maybe summer... way too long... I would expect that would also me the last major version change... it plenty powerful for anything else, it just wont be priority, they will do the S6 or Note5 first, then the other a month later, then probably the Note4 or S5 after that.

All this buzz around the "Nexus" title has me feeling all warm and fuzzy. I'm pretty happy so far. It also turns out the fingerprint scanner is waaaay more convenient than I thought it would be to unlock the phone. I already programmed 4 fingers to be even lazier and not even have to aim with either hand

yeah its quite fast, and will be pretty nice if you want to use android pay!

honestly, I'm ok with the conti being FWD biased AWD... its not the kind of car you push around real hard, its just a cruiser, meant to go around low and slow!

as along as they still kick out a RWD performance coupe or sedan sometime.

i agree, the consumer for this car will not miss the rwd.
and they still need a rwd sporty model.
something like the mark vii viii or ls.

honestly, I'm ok with the conti being FWD biased AWD... its not the kind of car you push around real hard, its just a cruiser, meant to go around low and slow!

as along as they still kick out a RWD performance coupe or sedan sometime.

i agree, the consumer for this car will not miss the rwd.
and they still need a rwd sporty model.
something like the mark vii viii or ls.

Never say never, but..... Never... Lincoln isn't interested in the enthusiast market.

you never know, ford has been making a screaming attack at high performance cars in recent years. we may be getting closer to getting what we all want!

Here is a rather grainy photo of the production version Continental.

http://jalopnik.com/2017-lincoln-continental-this-is-it-1751599095

I get it, it's AWD with the front bias yada yada yada. Anyway, with that being said this may be the first time I think the production version of a car looks better than the concept.

Rather handsome.

I see it doesn't have those baller Lincoln logo LED projectors. I'd consider ripping a set off, ditching my projector retro project, and fitting those in my LS. Watch Acura come out with etched lenses in a year or two on their jewel eyes.

Anyway, it is a nice car and hopefully its amenities and quality match its pricetag, but its just not the car for us LS enthusiasts

When you know what you're doing, you get to run governed 105Kmh on snow packed roads in a Big Rig.

20160114_033232.jpg

Full Speed ahead please!

Last trip out was snow storm after snow storm,
frigid temperatures had me keeping the long johns on and 3M duct tape around the seams on the interior door skin.

20160117_073532.jpg

Two white out conditions had me down to half that speed with the 4 ways on. Held up for 30min while a Slow Plow got pulled out of the ditch and spend some time sitting another nasty one out close to home that was simply too risky to run with an empty trailer. (too light on the drive tires)

End of week = still steady hand, no shot nerves, glad to have made it home safely.

1 Captain Morgan on Ice ... straight up!

20160117_073532.jpg

20160114_033232.jpg

You're so funny, did you think of that one all by yourself or did your Mom help you?

Bought this widow maker today, took possession of it this afternoon. Talked the Seller down to 1000$ delivered.

sled.jpg

~ Ima try and kill myself on it.

sled.jpg

Bought this widow maker today, took possession of it this afternoon. Talked the Seller down to 1000$ delivered.

View attachment 828475142

I think your Mach 1 might slower than my Mach 1, given the colder Canadian air conducting sound at a lower speed

PB028559.jpg

But yours might be better at turning. I wish I had enough snow and property to justify a snowmobile. Nice purchase. When's the turbo going on?

PB028559.jpg

View attachment 828475142

Want to kill yourself? Try snowmobiling from Canada to the US over Lake Superior this coming July. If you make it you'll be a hero, if you don't we'll have a drink in your memory.

Seriously, that's a nice snowmobile for a grand.

I think your Mach 1 might slower than my Mach 1 ...

Ha! Frank you make me laugh from time to time, you must have been drinking from the delusional fountain again if you think you Mach 1 is going to take this sled on a quarter mile, I'd just have to worry about keeping the nose down on launch. It's 670CC two-stroke, light-weight, hole shot bloody fast. Not going to happen Frank! I'd be done by the time you could find third!

No turbo needed. Just some fresh snow would help.

It sat all week while I was gone, started first pull. I was pleased. ripped it around the back yard ... waiting on some snow, it's nearly looking like spring around here. Tons of snow out North West on my trucking route though!

Gotta replace the voltage regulator on it, no lights, none ... no dash, tails nor head lights.

oh yeah. i put in a brand new forged 6.3l stroker short block in it. it's good
for 1100hp. had the heads gone through and cleaned up, quick valve job, etc...
new cam ( 239/242 .649/.600 ), new morel 5315 lifters, and a few other odds
and ends. should put 510 - 520 to the wheels, and once i get the 150 shot,
should be just under 700. that's about the limit on my twin disc anyway, so
outta be fun.

i'm having the old block hot tanked and planning to put it in my 69 chevy truck
sometime down the line.

Hey Elephant, how long till you think you'll get that running? Might have to stick around a bit longer after I sell just to see how one of these runs when it has an engine in it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back