WANTED- New tech articles for the LS section

I own a 00 v6 5spd and Im about to reaplce the tranny's rear seal, rear mount and the rubber things that goes on the driveshaft, they r 2. My dad is a mechanic so Ima be taking pictures step by step. Im also about to build my own angel eyes or try to! and about to install HIDs low beams and fogs, I will do the pics as well.
Oh by the way, my dad has one of those programs for mechanic shops that has diagrams of all cars wirings, I think that may be usefull for somebody. I can get some other stuff from that program about sensors, check engine codes and a lot of stuff, I just need to figure how to use that program! lol
Also, my a/c compressor is leaking oil so it may die anytime, n since I live in south FL I cant ride with no a/c so if I need to replace it or fix it will do the pics too. Damn thats a lot of pics! but whatever I do to the car, since me n my dad always work on the car ( meaning I never pay for labor nor trust it to any1 else besides my dad) I'll be taking pics and writing about the experience.
Now, somethin I need! is the step by step how to, to install projectors!

Here, at least, is some info---brought to you at the request of Ken at LSKoncepts. I have added his intake tube to my '02 LS, along with a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Through a connection too long to relate here I am also sponsored by NX and use one of their Pro systems which is also metered to run methanol along with the N2O. The only other modifications are a set of 18 inch wheels and Michelin Pilot P-2s in 245/45 size, a set of ceramic/metallic pads all around, and a 60% belly pan. With this combination I set four records at Maxton, NC at the last ECTA event. (E/F CC--140.106 MPH)

I'll be back next year with a four litre Jag engine and a C-4/GearVendors OD combo. More later---and you can read about it in an up-coming issue of Turbo & High Tech Magazine.

Hope this helps!

hydraulic fan fluid flush

materials needed...
1 gallon of dexron ATF (as per owners manual)
2 1" screw hose clams
1 hose coupler 5/16th's
1 pump/suction gun
3-5 feet of 5/16ths (or close to it) rubber hose
1 tall slim funnel
and its best to have another person with you

Step 1: Preperation....
A. remove engine cover and set aside.
B. remove air intake/hoses and set aside.
C. open cap for fan fluid reservoir and remove filter/strainer (it just snaps in)
D. use suction gun to remove as much fluid as you can from the reservoir

Removing resevoir...
A. remove top screw holding on reservoir
B. remove 2nd screw on the lower rear side of the reservoir (8mm)
C. remove the 2 hoses on the bottom of resevoir by pressing the tabs together and sliding them down the hoses.

hoses may need some persuading to come off if the car has high mileage on it.

Step 3: Flushing the system...
A. Insert hose coupler into the smaller hose and tighten it down with one of the hose clamps
B. attach 3-5 ft of 5/16ths hose onto the other side of the coupler and route to a drain pan to catch the fluid.
C. reinstall the air intake tube and all hoses.
D. start car for a short period of time to check for leaks comming from the coupler and to lower the feed hose. (easier with 2 people)
E. use either the pump or the tall slim funnel to fill the larger diameter feed line with ATF mercon. be careful not to overfill it.
F. have the other person start the car
G. carefully start the car and fill the feed line with atf as the return line drains into the drain pan.

Continue untill the fluid appears clean and then turn off the car. I find it was a bit less messy to start the car once more just to get the level on the feed line down a bit so its not leaking everywhere.

Reverse Step 2 to reconnect the reservoir and hoses.

Step 4: Refilling the resevoir
A. Pour ATF mercon into the reservoir untill it reaches the max line.
B. Start car and let it run.
C. add fluid as needed to maintain the correct fluid level
D. Put cap and filter back on/in the reservoir

Members online

No members online now.
Back