Wanting to buy custom subwoofer enclosure

jerryd

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 ls and I am wanting to find a custom box to fit 4 12 inch subwoofers . Id like a box that saves as much of my trunk space as possible. Shoot me a price and design

that sounds like a trick question. four subs and saving space doesn't dont go together. any sub that you could cram into tiny enough boxes to even have any space left over are most likely going to be crap. there is barely enough room to have one really good sub and box and have a good amount of room left, two really good subs usually take up most of the trunk.

save yourself the trouble and just get one beast.

yeah just get 1 JL w7 or the boston spg 555, both will destroy your cilia so they are plenty.

I have a 2000 ls and I am wanting to find a custom box to fit 4 12 inch subwoofers . Id like a box that saves as much of my trunk space as possible. Shoot me a price and design
Maybe YOU didn't read what you said... you said "I am wanting to find a custom box to fit 4 12 inch subwoofers ." 4 12 inch subwoofers take up space, not save it.

Also, why on earth would you need 4 subs? Get 1, maybe 2 good subs instead of 4 crap subs. Your car can't produce enough power to run all that anyway.

You guys are nuts. The LS trunk is HUGE. I have 4 15s and still have room for 6 sets of golf clubs.

You guys are nuts. The LS trunk is HUGE. I have 4 15s and still have room for 6 sets of golf clubs.

The LS trunk is huge, if you're not storing any dead bodies... i mean uhhh... sports equipment.

Not sure if all LS's have the battery in the trunk or not, but mine does and getting to the spare or fuses is impossible without taking out me subs. And I only have 2.. plus the weight of the box And subs weighs my car down TONS! I would not recommend 4.. here's a shot of how much space my 2 Memphis 12's take up in a box built for them.. and yes it is carpeted now...

IMG_20120713_112639.jpg

Grotty, do a quick search and read my thread on the spare tire cover.

Grotty, do a quick search and read my thread on the spare tire cover.
I read this a while ago and plan to do it while my car is parked for the winter, although I plan to get rid of my subs and amp to get rid of the weight And have extra money to help save for the coilovers.. even without the stereo the modded floor will still be nice to have.

marcredd are you the one with custom flip up floor board?

With the 51/49 weight distribution on this car, I would think the extra weight of the stereo system would be good to have... to a point that is.

I will be sticking this sub:

1297930378.jpg

In the single version of this box:

DSC03201.jpg

With the entire system powered by this 5 channel amp:

571_1lg.jpg

In the factory location...

Weight distribution ought to be 50/50... I hope. lol

why would only a few LS have the battery in the trunk?

it would be pretty point less to have a different battery locations (heavy duty trucks with two battery locations is a different story) for the same car, so much of the electrical system would have to be rewired and would be a major pain for assembly on the line.

also where under the hood is there any room for a battery.

My RE XXX 15" is for sale it's wayyyy too crazy for me for a DD set up.......make me an offer

I built a carpeted plywood trunk floor so that I can get to my spare/battery without removing the speaker box. Thats for 2 12s and thats pushing it.

i just aquired a couple q power 15's, im probably gonna sell for 1 badass 12.

You want 4 subs so I know your not doing a sq build. Get a ported box with 1 12 or 15 with around 1200 watts rms instead of 4 subs around 300watts max, in a sealed box with not enough air space.

My stroker had 1000 watts to it in my Town Car (The car with the gas tank between the trunk and interior of the car)... I know how ridiculously loud that is. What on earth do you need 1200 watts in an LS for???

Edit: BTW I upgraded the alternator on that car to a 200amp aftermartket model to handle it.

This thread got me to thinking. I wonder, in a sarcastic manner, why we have not seen someone show up on the forum with a backseat delete and a wall in one? We have basically seen most everything else short of cutting the top completely off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back