Wanting to buy custom subwoofer enclosure

Then, someone could make the quad 12 setup work. Along with killing a perfectly nice car at the same time.

This thread got me to thinking. I wonder, in a sarcastic manner, why we have not seen someone show up on the forum with a backseat delete and a wall in one? We have basically seen most everything else short of cutting the top completely off.

It's been done. Let me find it real quick. He's a member over on SMD.

I am tipping my hat to you and your memory Pektel!!!!

I have just about now seen it all. Classic.

That might be the worst thing I've ever seen done to an LS. But how he plans to power that will be interesting!

Not sure if all LS's have the battery in the trunk or not, but mine does and getting to the spare or fuses is impossible without taking out me subs. And I only have 2.. plus the weight of the box And subs weighs my car down TONS! I would not recommend 4.. here's a shot of how much space my 2 Memphis 12's take up in a box built for them.. and yes it is carpeted now...

IMG_20120713_112639.jpg

Ho many cu/ft is that.

My 3.9 cu/ft box is built piece by piece to efficiently use all the space available as tightly as possible while taking up very little of the useable trunk space and allows access to the battery and tire well without having to remove it.
I'm running 2 12s but it can hold 2 15s too.

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

Holy cow what a mess. Still, I can see a couple of advantages:

1. Nobody will ever jump in the back seat and hold a gun on this guy. When they rip the door open, BAM wall of 2x4s.

2. If he wires his alarm into the sound system, the cops will hear it... in France. However, the thief's head will likely explode. Massive cleanup.

Insane what people will do to their cars. Speaking of the guy that put the wall of subs in the back, eliminating the rear seats.

Holy cow what a mess. Still, I can see a couple of advantages:

1. Nobody will ever jump in the back seat and hold a gun on this guy. When they rip the door open, BAM wall of 2x4s.

2. If he wires his alarm into the sound system, the cops will hear it... in France. However, the thief's head will likely explode. Massive cleanup.

Insane what people will do to their cars.

The absolute worst part of it, is on that forum not ONE person has been like "DUDE THIS IS A BAD IDEA." Where do they find these people? Next thing you know someones gonna be like "THOSE BIKE MIRRORS LOOK EFFING AWESOME!!!! LETS GET ALAX TO MASS PRODUCE THEM!"

Look at the threat Pektel linked, be ready to laugh.

:eek::lol: HA! Funny! I missed that link initially. Gotta say I'll try to see the good in anyone's mod even it it's not my taste, but there was nothing there that was good. Glad I wasn't drinking anything or my monitors would be soaked!

The absolute worst part of it, is on that forum not ONE person has been like "DUDE THIS IS A BAD IDEA." Where do they find these people? Next thing you know someones gonna be like "THOSE BIKE MIRRORS LOOK EFFING AWESOME!!!! LETS GET ALAX TO MASS PRODUCE THEM!"

Thats what they do on SMD. They build amazing systems and don't care about how bad it makes the vehicle look. It could have been done way cleaner but he went for performance over appearance.

Don't I know it. They are just in desperate search for the highest db ratings. But I guess decibels don't care about aesthetics.

no they sure dont. at the point where you start tearing the car up that much, its not a Lincoln any more and you might as well save yourself some work and just start from a CRX or something like that!

They could have done the same thing in a panel van. Why ruin the interior of that car? Well not ruin, but that's a ton of work to a nice car. Different strokes for different folks.

Classic bike mirrors. Never gets old.

Last edited:
Ho many cu/ft is that.

My 3.9 cu/ft box is built piece by piece to efficiently use all the space available as tightly as possible while taking up very little of the useable trunk space and allows access to the battery and tire well without having to remove it.
I'm running 2 12s but it can hold 2 15s too.

I remember seeing a thread a while back with your setup, it looks very well built for sure.. mine is also 3.9 cuff tuned to 36hz.. I'm really no carpenter or anything, its my first ported box so I was really just messing around and thought I would try it.. is your box ported? Looks like the ports shoot out the top of the back of the seat. Do you have plans to built that still?

Members online

No members online now.
Back