Weird ?

kinda the same problem

i can exit my car and arm the anti theft system then after 30 seconds the light is still on and the alarm will sound and do all the fun flashing lights and horn noise and everything but it is really upsetting me cuz i can not figure out how to fix the problem ? my guess is it is a door or hood or trunk sensor but is there anyway to do a process of elimination to figure out the problem ??? please help :confused:

What year is your car Bumpin ?
I have heard of wd 40 on the relays helps my guess would be hood if the trunk a system check it should tell you trunk is open or a door is not shut.

also check your ign cyl lock,have you messed with that at all?i had replaced mine with another used one and it kept setting my alarm off,there is a little metal tab in there that "senses" if someone is trying to start the car without improperly,or trying to remove the cylinder to start the car,so check your door/hood sensors first,but dont over look the ignition cylinder either.

Thanks BlntdEyez
I found a pic and info at the .org site, and put the tools I need in the car so I will be ready if or I mean when it happens again.

Text and problem from Old June 27th, 2007, 03:19 AM

Hi ford_nut and BlntdEyez;
i have now the same problem - my 96`Mark VIII will not start and i think, its the ATS. ford_nut was write "...I found a pic and info at the .org site,..." can you send me this foto, please ? or write the sitename completle - than can i search. Sry for my very bad english, but i have no other ways found, to help me.
best regards
Dedalus

my car cranks but won`t start

Thank you very much, ford_nut. i was find the foto and the connectors in my car -but the plug is very tight. I did not get off, it's impossible. Below is a clamp or a clip? A Trick ? There are 2 connectors. What does the left? What does the right? (gren mark).

What is the other connector (circled in red) ?

Another question I have. How do I get from the panel of the door? Where are the screws? (see the 3.photo) There should be 2 switches in the door, for the Anti-Theft System. Possibly because a switch is broken? Because there was a break-in attempt, the door handle is broken since then. I use a pliers to open the door. See second photo with the Traces of the violent opening.

For 3 months does not drive my Lincoln :-( and now comes the winter.
Sorry, i use the google-translator.....thanks for help

IMG_1683-kl.jpg

IMG_1683-kl.jpg

IMG_1691-k.jpg

IMG_1684-k.jpg

The gray connector is the one you jump across to program a new or existing key fob.

Thanks for your answers.
Both remote control does not work, keyless entry works well, but it triggers the alarm (open ok, close=after 30 sec. alarm).
I have to close the car with a key - then everything is ok - but dont start the engine.

Dedalus

Hier ist, wie neu programmieren Fernbedienungen mit diesem grauen Stecker ...

1) Leeren Sie Ihre Handschuhfach

2) Mit dem Handschuhfach öffnen, den ganzen Weg, ziehen Sie die Laschen an der Rückseite in Richtung der Mitte des Handschuhfachs, so dass die Box öffnet Vergangenheit seiner Fabrik Haltepunkt. Auf meine, ist die eine in der linken oberen deutlich sichtbar, und der eine auf der rechten Seite wird tatsächlich in der Mitte der Seite befindet.

3) Setzen Sie den Schlüssel im Zündschloss und drehen Sie ihn in die Stellung. Sie müssen nicht das Auto zu starten.

4) Hinter wo das Handschuhfach war, sollten Sie alle Arten von Schaltschränken mit Unmengen von Draht, hier und dort zu sehen. Sie sollten auch ein weißes oder graues Molex Stecker, nichts angeschlossen ist. In mir ist es an der Unterseite der linken Seite. Mit dem Schlüssel noch in der Position, kurz die beiden Stifte in diesen Anschluss mit einem Stück Draht. Es dauert nur eine Sekunde, und wenn man den Draht zu entfernen, die Schleusen sollten Zyklus einmal zu bestätigen, dass Sie im Setup-Modus sind.

5) Drücken Sie die Entriegelungstaste auf der Fernbedienung, die Sie mit Number One Spiegel und Sitzeinstellungen zugeordnet werden soll. Die Schlösser sollten Zyklus einmal.

6) Drücken Sie die Entriegelungstaste auf der Fernbedienung, die Sie mit Number Two Spiegel und Sitzeinstellungen zugeordnet werden soll. Die Schlösser sollten wieder Zyklus einmal.

7) Drücken Sie die Entriegelungstaste auf der Fernbedienung, die Sie Number Three sein wollen. Die Schlösser sollten Zyklus einmal mehr. Die dritte und die folgenden Fernbedienungen können nicht mit Sitz-und Spiegel-Einstellungen zugeordnet werden.

8) Schalten Sie den Schlüssel, geben Sie das Handschuhfach zu seinem rechtmäßigen Platz und entwickeln ein besseres Dateisystem für Ihr Handschuhfach Junk. Die Schlüsselanhänger sollte nun programmiert werden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------English-------------
Here is how to re program your remotes using that gray plug…

1)Empty your glove box

2)With the glove box open all of the way, pull the tabs at the back towards the center of the glove box so that the box will open past its factory stopping point. On mine, the one at the top left is clearly visible, and the one on the right is actually located in the middle of the side.

3)Put the key in the ignition and rotate it to the on position. You do not have to start the car.

4)Behind where the glove box was, you should see all kinds of control boxes with oodles of wire going here and there. You should also see a white or gray Molex plug that is not connected to anything. In mine it is located at the bottom left. With the key still in the on position, short the two pins in this connector with a piece of wire. It only takes a second, and when you remove the wire, the locks should cycle one time to acknowledge that you are in the setup mode.

5)Press the lock button on the remote that you want to be associated with Number One mirror and seat settings. The locks should cycle one time.

6)Press the lock button on the remote that you want to be associated with Number Two mirror and seat settings. The locks should again cycle one time.

7)Press the lock button on the remote that you want to be Number Three. The locks should cycle once more. The third and subsequent remotes will not be associated with seat and mirror settings.

8)Turn off the key, return the glove box to its rightful place and develop a better filing system for your glove box junk. The key fobs should now be programmed.

Both remote control does not work, keyless entry works well, but it triggers the alarm (open ok, close=after 30 sec. alarm).

Klingt wie die typischen Haube Sensor auf dem Pass Seite unter der Haube neben dem Kotflügel befindet. zuzuteilen, wie oft der Schalter öffnet und die Fabrik Alarm hält die Haube geöffnet ist. Ich habe gerade umgangen Mine und verlötet die Drähte zusammen.

-----------------------------------------------------English-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like the typical hood sensor located on the pass side under the hood next to the fender. allot of times the switch opens up and the factory alarm thinks the hood is open. I just bypassed mine and soldered the wires together.

IMG_0010.jpg

Dedalus

Hier ist, wie neu programmieren Fernbedienungen mit diesem grauen Stecker ...

1) Leeren Sie Ihre Handschuhfach............ sollte nun programmiert werden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------English-------------
Here is how to re program your remotes using that gray plug…

1)Empty your glove box ................... should now be programmed.

Cool - ich bin begeistert und sage von Herzen DANKE :)
Es ist eine große Überaschung für mich gewesen !

Hi MarkVIIIedrea, I have been very positively surpised about the German text. Thank you so much for your trouble because of it!

The switch of the hood (I've just found it) tomorrow I will also bypasses. I do not have much hope, but I want to believe that it works. But it is a chance for me and my MarkVIII.

Programming the remote control controller:
Everything I have is in the photo. The left three keys do not work well. The right key works well. The Remote Controller may not work.
Can I do something dami "short the two pins in this connector with a piece of wire" break? If not, then I buy a battery tomorrow and do das.
I do not understand what I have to press buttons. Pts 5-7 me is completely unclear. I only have "Panic" in red, "Trunk" in blue, "lock" and "unlock".

@ Chris2523:
Thanks for your answers, but what is and where is the "+1 hood sensor"? Is there any?

IMG_1695-k.jpg

Gen I. und Gen II. Parts for Sale.

Hi MarkVIIIedra,
1. I've just read "Gen 1 and Gen 2 parts for sale" ... Question: what does Gen 1 and 2? Because the generation of the Mark is meant?

2. Then I would like to buy (yes you've seen the photo) to: - Drivers Door handle off a 97 Continental (Thick style w / chrome) $ 30 + S & H
-Passenger Door handle off a 97 Continental (Thick style w / chrome) $ 30 + S & H

I just need the Driver Door handle, but since you have handles Chrome, I have to take both. would you please ask yourself, what are the transportation costs if you sell the parts I do?
Best regards and thanks in advance

Good morning America ;-),
hi MarkVIIIedrea,
I solved the white connector in the glove box and have the hood sensor bypassed.

If I shut the door with keyless entry keypad, alarm no longer comes next - good - but the engine will not start!.
What about the panel of the driver's door? how can I remove them?
I suspect that were destroyed by the break-in sensors.

btw, what is the red part on the second photo?
I thought that was in the car with the keys. The car was bought on ebay in LA and shipped to Germany.
Second question, the above "coded keys" are?

Thanks in advance

IMG_1698-k.jpg

IMG_1700-k.jpg

Gen1 is the 1993-1996 first generation Mark VIII. Gen2 refers to the 1997 and 1998 second generation Mark VIII. There are many fundamental differences between the two.

Hi thaywood, Thanks for the info. Then I have a Gen1 model - Gen2 I like much better. But when I bought my Mark VIII, I knew nothing. I would extend it if my marrow finally moves!
I thought the differences relate only to a face-lift.
Sry, i use the google translator.

Cool - ich bin begeistert und sage von Herzen DANKE :)
Es ist eine große Überaschung für mich gewesen !

Hi MarkVIIIedrea, I have been very positively surpised about the German text. Thank you so much for your trouble because of it!

The switch of the hood (I've just found it) tomorrow I will also bypasses. I do not have much hope, but I want to believe that it works. But it is a chance for me and my MarkVIII.

Programming the remote control controller:
Everything I have is in the photo. The left three keys do not work well. The right key works well. The Remote Controller may not work.
Can I do something dami "short the two pins in this connector with a piece of wire" break? If not, then I buy a battery tomorrow and do das.
I do not understand what I have to press buttons. Pts 5-7 me is completely unclear. I only have "Panic" in red, "Trunk" in blue, "lock" and "unlock".

@ Chris2523:
Thanks for your answers, but what is and where is the "+1 hood sensor"? Is there any?

Kein Problem, ich mag sehen mark VIII auf der Straße. Nice to have anderen Menschen in verschiedenen Teilen der Welt genießen sie

Ein einfacher Lektüre für den Fernbedienungen. Versuchen Splitting die Fernbedienungen offen mit einem flachen Schraubenzieher und versuchen, neue Batterien einlegen.

5) Drücken Sie die Entriegelungstaste auf einem Remote-
Die Schlösser sollten Zyklus einmal.

6) Drücken Sie die Entriegelungstaste auf der abgeordneten Fernbedienung

7) Drehen Sie den Schlüssel ab
Die Schlüsselanhänger sollte nun programmiert werden
--------------------------------------English----------------------------------------
No problem, I like seeing mark VIII on the road. Nice to have other people in different parts of the world enjoy them

An easier read for the remotes. Try Splitting the remotes open with a flat head screw driver and try new batteries first.

5) Press the lock button on one remote
The locks should cycle one time.

6) Press the lock button on the seconded remote

7) Turn the key off
The key fobs should now be programmed.

Good morning America ;-),
hi MarkVIIIedrea,
I solved the white connector in the glove box and have the hood sensor bypassed.

If I shut the door with keyless entry keypad, alarm no longer comes next - good - but the engine will not start!.
What about the panel of the driver's door? how can I remove them?
I suspect that were destroyed by the break-in sensors.

btw, what is the red part on the second photo?
I thought that was in the car with the keys. The car was bought on ebay in LA and shipped to Germany.
Second question, the above "coded keys" are?

Thanks in advance

Ich weiß nicht, was in der abgeordneten Bild, aber ich kenne deine Schlüssel nicht codiert sind, so dass Sie gehen können Sie Kopien der ein guter Schlüssel für billig.

Das Türblatt weist eine lange Schraube hinter dem Licht und gibt es einen kleinen 8mm Bolzen hinter der Schale des Türinnengriffes. Nach diesen entfernt werden das Panel hat Haken Sie es. heben sich auf dem Panel aus und trennen Sie die Drähte wie Sie gehen. Nehmen Sie sich Zeit, so dass Sie nicht brechen keine der Haken. Es wird wahrscheinlich ein Kunststoff Barriere, die nur sanft kann zurückgezogen werden kann. Sie sollten in der Lage sein zu sehen, Ihre Türgriff Schrauben dann. Es gibt auch eine Stange mit dem Außengriff, wird dies frustrierend sein zu entfernen Nehmen Sie sich Zeit und haben nichts erzwingen.

Soweit das Fahrzeug nicht beginnen es irgendein Anklicken gehört? Können Sie mir mehr symtoms?

------------------------------------------------------English-----------------------------
I don’t know what is in the seconded picture but I know your keys are not coded so you can go get copies of the one good key for cheap.

The door panel has a long screw behind the light and there is a small 8mm bolt behind the cup of the inside door handle. After those are removed the panel has hooks holding it. gently lift up on the panel and disconnect the wires as you go. Take your time so you don’t break any of the hooks. There will most likely be a plastic barrier that can just be gently pulled back. You should be able to see your door handle bolts then. There is also a rod connected to the outside handle, this will be frustrating to remove just take your time and don’t force anything.

As far as the car not starting is there any clicking heard? Can you give me more symtoms?

Kein Problem, ich mag sehen mark VIII auf der Straße. Nice to have anderen Menschen in verschiedenen Teilen der Welt genießen sie

Ein einfacher Lektüre für den Fernbedienungen. Versuchen Splitting die Fernbedienungen offen mit einem flachen Schraubenzieher und versuchen, neue Batterien einlegen.

5) Drücken Sie die Entriegelungstaste auf einem Remote-

6) Drücken Sie die Entriegelungstaste auf der abgeordneten Fernbedienung

7) Drehen Sie den Schlüssel ab
Die Schlüsselanhänger sollte nun programmiert werden
--------------------------------------English----------------------------------------
No problem, I like seeing mark VIII on the road. Nice to have other people in different parts of the world enjoy them

An easier read for the remotes. Try Splitting the remotes open with a flat head screw driver and try new batteries first.

5) Press the lock button on one remote

6) Press the lock button on the seconded remote

7) Turn the key off
The key fobs should now be programmed.

Special thanks to you!
I'm going today night buy the battery and try the programming.
What about the panel of the driver's door? How will I get from it? I found a screw behind the lamp - where are the others?
Thanks in advance and best regards.

-----------------------------------------

1. Fine - I have just read it - it sounds very complicated. I will try tomorrow morning. Is there behind the switch for ATS?

2. My key (on the left in the photo) are not coded? Did I get that right?

Soweit das Fahrzeug nicht beginnen es irgendein Anklicken gehört? Können Sie mir mehr symtoms?

As far as the car not starting is there any clicking heard? Can you give me more symtoms?

Yes, i can ! ;-)

ok - my keys are not encoded - is that good or bad?
ok - I'll take a lot of time and not destroy anything (I hope :))

Symtoms:
Ignition on - fuel pump goes to short, I hear a faint click
battery wonderful
starter wonderful
Engine turns good, but .......
it comes to no spark, not on both sides
the engine will not start :mad:

MarkVIIIedera, You've already expanded driver door locks. Are there underlying or nearby, switch to the anti-theft system?
How can I get a door lock removed (completle unit)?

MarkVIIIedera, Du hast doch schon Fahrer Türschlösser ausgebaut. Gibt es dahinter oder in der Nähe, Schalter für das Anti-Theft-System ?
Wie bekomme ich ein Türschloss ausgebaut (die komplette Einheit) ?

Thanks in advance
Dedalus

Where is the damn fault? My car will not start.

My special thanks to MarkVIIIedera! My remote control is working again!
Since purchasing about 4 years ago she worked for the first time! I was very pleased. But .....
My car will not start.
The pilot of the Anti-Theft-System (green lamp) stays on. After 30 seconds, the alarm starts. Where is the damn fault?
Thanks in advance
Dedalus

Cam-Sensor ok ?

Hi all, hi, I have just removed the cam sensor. Does this look good? Or is here a mistake to see? I will want to clean it.
Thanks to advance
Dedalus

IMG_1742-k-Cam-Sensor MarkVIII.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back