What did you do to your LS today?

wait wait what, im very confused now , i read here (http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...952-Spark-Plug-Gaps&highlight=spark+plugs+gap) .054inches which would be about 1.4mm , the NGKs Iridiums i got are pre gapped (i checked) to .054,

am i missing something

i wanna be able to do this myself , instead of taking it to a shop and get charged 200$

but if need be peace of mind is worth the $$

That link you linked is for the Mark VIII, for the LS it is 1.0

That gap is extremely important as Joe mentioned, to maximizing the life of your coils. Please gap them to 1.0 as Joe mentioned. No more, no less. If they are over gapped you will have to reduce the gap to 1.0 as I had to do. Doing this the way I did (at first) led me to bend 2 of the diodes rendering the plug useless. So be careful when reducing the gap.

That link you linked is for the Mark VIII, for the LS it is 1.0

That gap is extremely important as Joe mentioned, to maximizing the life of your coils. Please gap them to 1.0 as Joe mentioned. No more, no less. If they are over gapped you will have to reduce the gap to 1.0 as I had to do. Doing this the way I did (at first) led me to bend 2 of the diodes rendering the plug useless. So be careful when reducing the gap.

ha thanks ,all i read was Gen I and Gen 2 , so i assumed it was the LS

EDIT
i hate to do this guys just a quick question again, i read the manual and just have a question about it
i really do appreciate the input and i hate to make it seem like im beign a dick and contradicting yall

so reading in the plug gap reference it shows this

plugs.jpg

now i understand the 1.0 gap that yall told me , but my car is a V6 3.0 , should the gap still be 1.0 or what the manual says

again just trying to do it right , i appreciate yalls help

plugs.jpg

Last edited:
ha thanks ,all i read was Gen I and Gen 2 , so i assumed it was the LS

EDIT
i hate to do this guys just a quick question again, i read the manual and just have a question about it
i really do appreciate the input and i hate to make it seem like im beign a dick and contradicting yall

so reading in the plug gap reference it shows this

View attachment 828463086

now i understand the 1.0 gap that yall told me , but my car is a V6 3.0 , should the gap still be 1.0 or what the manual says

again just trying to do it right , i appreciate yalls help

Sorry, we were talking about the V8, not the V6.

Yesterday was the fun day. All the new LS parts arrived. Installed new Moog tie rods, OEM NIB clock spring, NIB door handles and the dreaded cooling fan valve. Saw it had a bad oring but neglected to notice the split in the case so it leaked even worse. Bad part is half of the valve stuck in the fan pump necessitating removal of the pump. This was further hindered by the rounded off pressure line coupling. Got it out eventually and shaved the nut from 20mm to 19mm so a wrench could grab it and then had at the rest of the valve with some channel locks. Then slapped in that overly expensive $150 (Ford OEM) valve and the new center armrest lid.
After that I rotated and balanced the tires, fixed the hanging brake caliper, changed its oil and repaired the passenger window track since the window would bind up. Then it was on to the new DCCV so both sides could have heat. Then washed and waxed it and drove her home.

The cars reward to me for all the hard work? A nice check engine light. *bangs head on wall* Not sure what it is as she runs fine so I would bet its an O2 sensor. I will put it on my scanner at work tomorrow and see how much more money this bish wants. LOL

Laser, more likely you missed plugging a sensor wire back in if it had no CEL before, and had one immediately after. At least, this has been my experience when I have the same issue.

^ this has happened to me as well , scared the **** outta me when the car was stalling like crazy, i had forgotten to plug in the filter sensor , damn that almost gave me a heart attack

Code is a P0420 so bad cat or bad after cat sensor. I am going to swap sides with them so I know if the cat is failing or if it is just a bad O2 sensor. Leaning towards the sensor.

Now I have to figure out the no heat issue.

Ever since my last coil/plug change I've had a cyclical surging about every second or so that felt like a very slight miss. I changed out the NGK Iridums I had installed (same plugs as in my wife's '06; which perform flawlessly!) with some NGK Laser Iridium plugs. It appears the "surge" is history!

Man are these cars can be finicky......

These cars are evil c@nts I tells ya! Having a sneaking suspicion that the heat issue may be a bad pump I set off to test it today. Car started, ran fine for 5 minutes then died. Killed the battery. Sure enough, the damn alternator went out. I hate this car will all my heart. I am debating setting it on fire now or replacing the alt and praying to Ra that nothing else fails before I sell this bish.

Ah I see , the early Ls's have many issues from what I heard , have you considered upgrading to a 2004 and up one ? I have both a 2004 and 2006 and they both havent had a single issue, prob jst lucky :p

I have no intention of owning an LS right now. This was purchased to be an easy flip car. Problem is it has ALL the LS problems. I have fixed 80% of them but I am done now. Puttin it up for $3500 and waving by by.

When I am ready for one of my own I will get an 05 LSE or 06 loaded one in silver with black interior and the THX NAV system. But I aint ready to blow $6000 on one just yet.

I have no intention of owning an LS right now. This was purchased to be an easy flip car. Problem is it has ALL the LS problems. I have fixed 80% of them but I am done now. Puttin it up for $3500 and waving by by.

When I am ready for one of my own I will get an 05 LSE or 06 loaded one in silver with black interior and the THX NAV system. But I aint ready to blow $6000 on one just yet.

You bought a $40K car for a flip???? CamCords are for flipping. NOT luxury cars! Especially one that is dirt cheap in the used car market!!

No, I bought a $1600 car to flip. Its just metal and wheels.

Since when were we talking about Hondas? I know what sells and what makes a profit. This was my first time flipping an LS and it will be the last. Ive sold 30 Cadillacs this year. All ranging from 32k-48k new and all not having the cost of parts this thing does and selling within 48 hours of posting ads.
I have fixed everything on this bish and am selling it for less than most on Craigslist yet there are no bites. So now I know.

That being said, I don't hate these cars. I kinda like them. They are just expensive to fix and hard to work on. More so than any other Lincoln of the era.

Got these for free cant beat free!!! Responded to an add got to kicking it to dude and he just let me have them so gotta buy a 4th one

20131027_175433.jpg

then my first attempt at plasti dipping on some of the tacky fake wood grain on a couple interior parts might just to the rest soon to

IMG_20131027_124925.jpgIMG_20131027_124943.jpg20131027_022412.jpg

20131027_175433.jpg

IMG_20131027_124925.jpg

IMG_20131027_124943.jpg

20131027_022412.jpg

Members online

Back