What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I haven't done it today, but over the past couple days after work....
People are always asking what kind of car it is when they see it, even with the badges on it. So i decided to rid the outside entirely of them.

I removed the lincoln emblem in the grill and trimmed the wider part of the edges and begn to build up the part that as recessed or the embem. Almost finished. I am also shaving the word Lincoln off of the headlight trim. I'm still a little on the fence with this one being that i liked that so much. Luckily i have another one in the shed.

I haven't done it today, but over the past couple days after work....
People are always asking what kind of car it is when they see it, even with the badges on it. So i decided to rid the outside entirely of them.

I removed the lincoln emblem in the grill and trimmed the wider part of the edges and begn to build up the part that as recessed or the embem. Almost finished. I am also shaving the word Lincoln off of the headlight trim. I'm still a little on the fence with this one being that i liked that so much. Luckily i have another one in the shed.

Did you already do the neon?

I haven't done the neon yet. I am going to once I get my grill and headlight trim primed in. I have a spare neon in the barn, but have no idea if it works. This weekend I'll be able to have my stuff primed and do the neon.
When I hit my brakes it lights up just for a quick flash and that's it.

Isaiah, sounds like a bad ballast - not the actual neon. Mine did the same thing.

Got tired of my trans lines running to the radiator, so I bent them to where the ends are going straight to the bumper
And installed a larger steering cooler

20120912_091403.jpg

Then finished up bending and cutting and re-double flaring the lines and installed the new B&M Trans Cooler ( Thanks Rrud!!!)
20120912_162105.jpg

recharged freon, ice cold again. need a new line its got a small leak have to have one made comes out underneath and has a muffler looking thing on it. think its the evap line.
KB93060.gif

rich which one is it #11?

Just saw this http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-1998-MAR...II&hash=item27cac0363f&vxp=mtr#ht_2305wt_1045
on fleabay. Is it just me or does this air shock look a little wierd?
$(KGrHqJHJDgF!vcb-YzlBQRQHhE+Kw~~60_1.jpg
Looks bent. But it's a steal at $150 clams with free shipping:rolleyes:

Also saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-...III&hash=item4abb56ddd7&vxp=mtr#ht_935wt_1062
Holy price gouging Batman!!!:eek: And it's not even a Motorcraft! It looks like an old style Arnott shock. And the part numbers look like the ones from the Arnotts that I have on my car.
W01331860238MTR.jpg
$640 smackers!!! For an Arontt!!! Dayum...

$(KGrHqJHJDgF!vcb-YzlBQRQHhE+Kw~~60_1.jpg

W01331860238MTR.jpg

Just saw this http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-1998-MAR...II&hash=item27cac0363f&vxp=mtr#ht_2305wt_1045
on fleabay. Is it just me or does this air shock look a little wierd?
View attachment 828451661
Looks bent. But it's a steal at $150 clams with free shipping:rolleyes:

Also saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-...III&hash=item4abb56ddd7&vxp=mtr#ht_935wt_1062
Holy price gouging Batman!!!:eek: And it's not even a Motorcraft! It looks like an old style Arnott shock. And the part numbers look like the ones from the Arnotts that I have on my car.
View attachment 828451662
$640 smackers!!! For an Arontt!!! Dayum...

Looks like the strut snapped.

yeah arnotts are really bad about doing that. but i have seen a few OEMs do it too. its much worse if you remove the air shock from the car without venting the air pressure first.

interior LED lighting conversion.
LED light for the license plate.
and drove it 130 miles.
over 194k miles now.

dunno. i have those warnings turned off.

but i doubt it. the evtm doesn't show a circuit for interior light warning that i could find.

ask Terry, he has the same stuff done and i don't think he has any warnings.

Went to my Silver Mark today to charge up the stone dead battery with the C-TEC. Front airbags inflated quite quickly as it was slammed :D
207337d.jpg

Love them Arnott's :rolleyes:

Pulled my air horn compressors and 5gal tank out. Did some trimming and new rubber mounts. Going to cover the board in some gator :D

Also cut the exhaust pipes off. New ones to be put on this weekend. Going with straights again.

dunno. i have those warnings turned off.

but i doubt it. the evtm doesn't show a circuit for interior light warning that i could find.

ask Terry, he has the same stuff done and i don't think he has any warnings.

No warnings at all with mine and every light is SMD LED's

These are in my reverse lights.

CO_Backup.jpg

These are all inside the interior except for the rear sides. They have 9 SMD LED's on each side.

SMDLight.jpg

With map lights on

DSC03123.jpg

Without map lights.

DSC03127.jpg

No errors, ever. Tag light also is a 5 SMD LED

DSC03126-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back