What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

New Ball Joints and tie rod ends installed

I Finally got new my brand new Moog parts installed yesterday!!

1. Installed new Moog Problem solver Lower Ball Joints,
2. Moog Tie rod ends. inners and outers.
3. serviced the front calipers,
4. converted to Ford Motorcraft Mercon V Tranny fluid.
4.1. drained torque converter.
5. Installed a new Wix Transmission filter.
6. put on a newer deeper 98 tranny pan that i got from DLF awhile back.
7. Installed a different front bumper cover with less clearcoat fade on it that i got from KK last year.
8. Installed a newer grill I got from The BigRedOne.
9. freshened up antifreeze coolant with new stuff.
10. aligned the Green Machine with a tape measure and by eye, and it tracks unbelievably straight, but ill get it in for a real alignment soon.

The ball joints were really long overdue for replacement, and were causing ALL the creeking-squeaking noise, and preventing it from going back to center after a turn. lol, its kinda strange driving my Mark with a good front end on it. it feels like a totally different new car now. I Got home at 2 AM. Im Going to take a nap, relax and recooperate all day today!

Pulling out my chitty SCP door seals and putting my stockers back in. Also removed the chrome door strikers from the 97 and threw them on Sapperfires 93 and if time permits then we will do the door hinges too.

New Moog UCA's for my 97. New fuel filter and PCV valve as well.

Pulling out my chitty SCP door seals and putting my stockers back in. Also removed the chrome door strikers from the 97 and threw them on Sapperfires 93 and if time permits then we will do the door hinges too.

What the hell could go wrong with new door seals??:confused:

What the hell could go wrong with new door seals??:confused:
They are black, not graphite and that bugged me. Also they dont sit flush in some spots. They look like the rear window seals look when they fold up. :(

Dont matter, I just went to go get my old ones and one got stuck on something and is torn up. :(
Stuck with black ones I huess.

I see, I had an extra set of door seals and a trunk seal but im not sure where i put them at.....ill look sometime next week.

drove mine home from Nashville TN thru the flood:eek:
2uqgck5.jpg

125rp5g.jpg

They are black, not graphite and that bugged me. Also they dont sit flush in some spots. They look like the rear window seals look when they fold up. :(

Dont matter, I just went to go get my old ones and one got stuck on something and is torn up. :(
Stuck with black ones I huess.

I told you to just pack the old ones... should've listened...

I told you to just pack the old ones... should've listened...
I did pack them. As I unpacked them one flopped out and landed on the bike sprocket and I didnt see it as I picked it up and it tore. :(

Pulled out the rear seat, pulled out the rear side windows, pulled out all of the seat belts, took out the back panels and disconnected the shift lever.

05/02/10

I finally got old water pump out and the replacement in, 3 day project. WTF. Did pick up pully kit for it but I didn't install. Everything is set and running, just as I got the car. I am hoping that I can go to KCIR Wednesday night and get my before time slip. Tomorrow I am supposed to pick up my exhaust cut out then it will get all the new goodies put on, a trip to the exhaust shop, then to MC Racing to put on dyno and program chip. I am wanting to get this done in the next few weeks. I am getting excited, as purchase price of the car and the parts, I should have less than $1200.00 into it and I am really thinking it will get me into the 13's. That would be so cool. I would love to see some other Mark VIII's Wednesday at the strip. I will try to keep up on this build and destroy as it comes along and sadly might go away, it should be fun.

Gave it a bath and finally put some miles on it.....boy did it feel nice!

Ordered some more parts for the blower install and made a list of parts still needed. :(

replaced the upper control arms used napa arms higher price but worth it took trw's off and the new ones where better made also with grease zerks. took her shake out of the sterring. aslo replaced the sway bar links. get to pull the drivers seat and take it over and have the bolster on the left side of it replaced.
jds353

I yelled at it and called it dirty vile names. :mad:

Well I was in process of changing egr valve a few months ago. When I was taking it out I busted one of the bolts. So as many of you told me to do is take he intake out. For me not being a mechanic what a job. But it's finally in. Egr is complete and I did change the water pump cause of high engine temps. Rook it out for it's first little drive tonite and it ran good and temp stayed down. I'm happy with myself.

congrats its in the blood. i am going to buy a switch for the 95 i just bought cal. car no rust tell the family hi. miss ray as do a lot of people on here. jd

Pulled all the speakers, headliner, rear decklid. The only thing left in the interior is the dash, and that's mostly (a pain in the ass) disconnected.

05/04/10

sadly with only a chip, it won't...

I was hoping that with a full tune, including the pully kit, exhaust, and filter it would. However took car to O'Riely's this morning and ran for codes to find out about check engine light as race shop wants everything in perfect running order before they will program chip and have found that I need another $167 in new sensors. This chip has been the most expensive great deal (thanks Craigslist) I have come across. It has been very discouraging finding out that my car has been so out of tune. Positive note, supposed to be mid 70's tomorrow and the dragstrip opens gates at 5:30pm. I have been trying since end of last summer to get car there, and there should be nothing that stops me from going tomorrow. I work weekend nights so Friday fun drags are out and when I got the car last year I was also working during the week so Wednesday's were out, not anymore, woohoo! I will post times and some new pics by Thursday, wish me luck.

I was hoping that with a full tune, including the pully kit, exhaust, and filter it would. However took car to O'Riely's this morning and ran for codes to find out about check engine light as race shop wants everything in perfect running order before they will program chip and have found that I need another $167 in new sensors. This chip has been the most expensive great deal (thanks Craigslist) I have come across. It has been very discouraging finding out that my car has been so out of tune. Positive note, supposed to be mid 70's tomorrow and the dragstrip opens gates at 5:30pm. I have been trying since end of last summer to get car there, and there should be nothing that stops me from going tomorrow. I work weekend nights so Friday fun drags are out and when I got the car last year I was also working during the week so Wednesday's were out, not anymore, woohoo! I will post times and some new pics by Thursday, wish me luck.

You still won't. You will need a gear to even touch low 14s. But with a tune gear stall and exhaust 13s are pheasable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back