What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Why are you so worried about mileage so much? I would hate to think that way every time I drove mine. Cars are meant to be driven.

Today I replaced my grill with a better one I got off craigslist. It's not perfect, but it doesn't look as messed up as the old one. The job wasn't as tedious as many make it out to be. Yes you have to take the bumper off, but it only took an hour from start to finish by myself. :)
10003967_10152332497898760_1629353353_n.jpg

Also a few days ago I took out my headlights and removed the condensation, then resealed them.

10003967_10152332497898760_1629353353_n.jpg

Milage builds Character

Sometimes people get divorced for the same reason.. Put the milage on er, she'll love ya for it

My front drivers side aftermarket M8 mat was showing its age so I went ahead and bought some front mats from racingbronco. They match up pretty well with the rear aftermarket mats.

DSCF9175.jpg

With the rears..

DSCF9176.jpg

Time to give them a wash.

Are you going to put them in the machine their setting on, or use that brush, and some elbow grease?

In the wash. I made sure to put some really abrasive industrial type cleaner/detergent in and turned it to the hottest setting. Once that was done I lightly sprayed some bleach on them and quickly threw them in the drier for 2 cycles. I haven't looked at them yet but i'm sure they turned out great.

In the wash. I made sure to put some really abrasive industrial type cleaner/detergent in and turned it to the hottest setting. Once that was done I lightly sprayed some bleach on them with a sprayer and quickly threw them in the drier for 2 cycles.

Your wife must love you or she's not home.

Kidding. I used the tuff stuff/scrubber then let em' soak in the sink where I scrubbed them some more. One thing i've learned over the years is that it's impossible to completely clean floor mats, no matter what you do there will always be something falling out of them.

Kidding. I used the tuff stuff/scrubber then let em' soak in the sink where I scrubbed them some more. One thing i've learned over the years is that it's impossible to completely clean floor mats, no matter what you do there will always be something falling out of them.

Lifter-1 and a pressure washer. Tuff Stuff sucks

Lifter-1 and a pressure washer. Tuff Stuff sucks

It has always worked great for me. Stains, marks on int panels and just general cleaning . Until it fails do something I ask it to do I won't be switching.

Got the new CE up on ramps, trying to get rid of one lifter clicking. Dropped 1 qt of oil, and added mistery oil and Gunk lifter fixer. Let it run and took it for a ride for a few miles. Have a couple of 1/2 mile stretches to clean things out. Put her in low, and after 2500rpm's, pedal to the medal. Ready to shift to 2nd, looked down and was a little over 7000, and hit 2nd and off we go. Whoo red light. Do over, and same thing, just over 7 k and go. No smoke, and no strange noises. Still have 1 lifter making noises. Changed the oil, and time will tell. Pretty good for 154K miles. I like this car.

Took the kids down to Myrtle Beach this weekend with mom and dad and my nephew. My aunt set us up in a 3BR 2BA condo on the beach and we got to go to the Pirate Adventure dinner and show Saturday night. I got to be in the show in a pirate competition! it was super fun. Me and three hot girls from Connecticut did a water relay. The first girl had a bucket of water and she had to run to the next girl and fill her bucket and she filled the next bucked and when it got to me I had to put the water into another bucket to try to pop a balloon. We were racing against another team on the other side of Blackbeard's ship and unfortunately, the other team won :( But it was still a load of fun. The Mark sat this one out because we had to take mom's Expedition with the three rows of seats to get everyone in. But when I got ready to go to work this morning, the battery was dead :mad: So mom brought the Expedition and I got her jumped off. Now she's running fine. I just wonder what's draining the battery? :confused:

Lets see....Front 2 tires are losing air, she's absolutely filthy, needs an oil change and a serious attitude adjustment.

I need a solid day of rain followed by a couple sunny 60 degree days.

copy/paste from my "hey guys" topic.
I get the front hubs at one store. I have to drive a few miles to another one, and bought two new nuts as well. As I am pulling into the store, I hear a noise and see smoke. Pop the hood to find my belt is half broken and had slid off the tensioner arm and is rubbing against my block. So I get a new belt. takes me a few minutes to figure out how it goes, its been a while since I replaced one. Fire it up for a second and turn it back off, when I check I find it doing the same thing! What?? Upon inspection I saw the tensioner arm bearing was broken. Thankfully the parts store let me borrow their tools to replace it and I was able to get it done before it was too dark.
20140317_193808.jpg

But my day's not over. Need air in my front tire, wawa has free air. Drive to another town relatively on the way home, where they have a nice digital air pump. Its broken:Bang Have to drive two more towns down to the next super wawa.
I knew it would be one of those days when I showed up to work at 7:30, to find out we have a 2 hour delay... But today is another day right? Right!

copy/paste from my "hey guys" topic.
I get the front hubs at one store. I have to drive a few miles to another one, and bought two new nuts as well. As I am pulling into the store, I hear a noise and see smoke. Pop the hood to find my belt is half broken and had slid off the tensioner arm and is rubbing against my block. So I get a new belt. takes me a few minutes to figure out how it goes, its been a while since I replaced one. Fire it up for a second and turn it back off, when I check I find it doing the same thing! What?? Upon inspection I saw the tensioner arm bearing was broken. Thankfully the parts store let me borrow their tools to replace it and I was able to get it done before it was too dark.
20140317_193808.jpg

But my day's not over. Need air in my front tire, wawa has free air. Drive to another town relatively on the way home, where they have a nice digital air pump. Its broken:Bang Have to drive two more towns down to the next super wawa.
I knew it would be one of those days when I showed up to work at 7:30, to find out we have a 2 hour delay... But today is another day right? Right!

Sounds like you wasted about $5 in gas searching for that free air. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back